If you were to rate the (A) (C) and (E) from A-F, what rating would you give and why?

m106crosstown

I think The (A)/© should have gotten the R160's before the (E), The (E) was going to be R46 mixed with R32's and R42's for a while until the summer of this year but the (E) got the R160's last December.

If they did that, it would really boost their grades a lot especially with the C. I mean the E riders are just fine with the R46s, and they don't care about extra dwell times.

(A): A+, never had any problems with this line, no delays, fast express runs, and very reliable. It never gets too crowded either.

(C): F- (epic fail), Not just because it is a slow local, and always yellowed in the tunnel, its because every time I ride it there is a delay, making move at really slow speeds.

(E): B+ The line is good overall. Nice express run in Queens, reliable etc. BUT, I HATE the heavy crowds during the rush.

(A): B- Headways aren't great and inconsistent, express service has slowed too much in Manhattan, still too many pre R44 cars for major line.

(C) D Doesn't run reliably or frequently, R32s are oldest cars in the systems and are noisy and outmoded with suspect HVAC

(E) B Excellent headways, prone to delays in Queens however and excessive crowding. Upgraded to mostly R160 cars but they aren't maintained as well as they should be. Still a homeless magnet.

(A): B- Headways aren't great and inconsistent, express service has slowed too much in Manhattan, still too many pre R44 cars for major line.

(C) D Doesn't run reliably or frequently, R32s are oldest cars in the systems and are noisy and outmoded with suspect HVAC

(E) B Excellent headways, prone to delays in Queens however and excessive crowding. Upgraded to mostly R160 cars but they aren't maintained as well as they should be. Still a homeless magnet.

Dude Don't Diss the (C) because it uses R32's, The R32's are among the best subway cars in the system a Plus The A/C does work on the (A)/© lines and 207th st yard does take care of their Equipment, The R160's Suck at Jamaica and Trust me in 5 years from now they will have Failing A/C.

(A) D- .....late night local from Inwood-207th Street and Far Rockaway-Mott Avenue is too long, the R-44's got to go also. Express service via Fulton Street, 8th Avenue and Central Park West somewhat improved. Overall the (A) line needs some more improving!

(C) B- .....uses R-32's, service great on weekdays not so good on weekends!

(E) A .....used R-32's and R-40M/R-42's and now its almost fully R-160's. Its frequent and great express service along Queens Blvd!

Dude Don't Diss the (C) because it uses R32's, The R32's are among the best subway cars in the system a Plus The A/C does work on the (A)/© lines and 207th st yard does take care of their Equipment, The R160's Suck at Jamaica and Trust me in 5 years from now they will have Failing A/C.

Sir. This is my assessment of the lines and their equipment. Not yours. You have your opinion of the R32s and other cars. I have mine. I think most C riders will be happier with R46s when they service the line similar to how most Queens riders prefer R46s to R32s. For those that like R32s, enjoy them while they are still around.

I strongly doubt R160s out of Jamaica will have failing air-conditioners in 5 years. The R46s out of Jamaica don't and how old are they? And, in case you did not notice, I did say that the R160s out of Jamaica could be maintained better.

Sir. This is my assessment of the lines and their equipment. Not yours. You have your opinion of the R32s and other cars. I have mine. I think most C riders will be happier with R46s when they service the line similar to how most Queens riders prefer R46s to R32s. For those that like R32s, enjoy them while they are still around.

I strongly doubt R160s out of Jamaica will have failing air-conditioners in 5 years. The R46s out of Jamaica don't and how old are they? And, in case you did not notice, I did say that the R160s out of Jamaica could be maintained better.

why don't you stop making the assumption that everyone likes the R46s more than the R32s? personally, idk why you think that way. imo, those fatsos are better than the St Louis cars, but not as good as the R32s or any subway car built after them. (C) riders seem pretty happy with the R32s and they will be upset when they retire next spring. (A) riders probably like the R46s because they are the "improved" version of the R44s, which i still have no clue why they like them so much considering they gave me 4 1/2 years of pain and suffering with their ugly design, slow acceleration, and all sorts of mechanical and technical issues that drive me insane. R32 3838 is right, Jamaica and ENY does a pretty lousy job at maintaining their cars. the R160As at ENY are already starting to get beaten up and vandalized and had it not been for Jamaica's poor maintence, the Phase II R32s would still be in service (they were not supposed to retire until after the R38s and R40 slants). in the past few State of the Subways Report Card, lines using the R46s have the worst breakdown rates in the system, so do not say Jamaica is a safe heaven for cars nor should you say the R46s are great cars. the (E) is going to be dirty no matter what subway car it uses due to where it goes to.

anyway, here is my grades for each line:

(A) B-: frequent service, long express runs, and a nice view of Jamaica Bay, but i hate the R44s there and trains do run irregularly due to its inconsistent route

(C) C: long waits and short, crowded trains, but i love the R32s it uses

(E) B+: fast express route, frequent service, and the R160As are doing its job there, but i miss the R32s and it still uses some R40M/42s.

why don't you stop making the assumption that everyone likes the R46s more than the R32s?

I said:

"I think most C riders will be happier with R46s when they service the line similar to how most Queens riders prefer R46s to R32s. For those that like R32s, enjoy them while they are still around."

most does not equal everyone and it is clearly stated as my opinion.

Most posters did a good job stating their grades and why without bashing car types or their riders.

I said:

"I think most C riders will be happier with R46s when they service the line similar to how most Queens riders prefer R46s to R32s. For those that like R32s, enjoy them while they are still around."

most does not equal everyone and it is clearly stated as my opinion.

Most posters did a good job stating their grades and why without bashing car types or their riders.

you started it by bashing the R32s. one more thing, why did we revive a topic that is over a year old and was started by a banned member?

you started it by bashing the R32s. one more thing, why did we revive a topic that is over a year old and was started by a banned member?

I did not bash them. I've said numerous times that the R32 has been impressive in terms of its strength, durability, and rust resistance. I stated the obvious, they are the oldest cars in the system, they are noisy for the standards of today and relative to the R44 and newer and they are definitely outmoded. And, I'm done.

Archived