TMC Buses transferring to Yukon Rumor

m106crosstown

I heard from my grandfather that they are transferring all TMC (8400-8565) buses to Yukon and all of the local buses will transfer to those who will lose the TMC's. Once again, this is only a rumor. I don't know how true it is.

Thats what a driver from the SI said.

Doubt it, some of the 1999 Orions are USDOT buses required for service on the S89. Sending RTS buses onto that route without the USDOT numbers will open a giant-size can of worms for NYCT.

Actually, non USDOT buses have been on the S89. I believe it was Adam Moreira who got photos of it IIRC.

But one thing the MTA can turn around and do, is make all buses have USDOT numbers since now they have buses with USDOT numbers, it'll be alot more easy for the MTA to put them on. Once you got USDOT numbers on a few buses, then you can put alot more on other buses.

But one thing the MTA can turn around and do, is make all buses have USDOT numbers since now they have buses with USDOT numbers, it'll be alot more easy for the MTA to put them on. Once you got USDOT numbers on a few buses, then you can put alot more on other buses.

However, NYCT and MTA Bus are two different things and the MTA is constantly moving buses back and forth between the two.

However, NYCT and MTA Bus are two different things and the MTA is constantly moving buses back and forth between the two.

They are just 2 different divisions. But they are similar now that they share the MTA name. The only buses they swap are the oldest Orions, RTS's and a few Artics.

• 1 month later...
They are just 2 different divisions. But they are similar now that they share the MTA name. The only buses they swap are the oldest Orions, RTS's and a few Artics.

8401-8565 will be going to Yukon real soon. So that means another BIG move is on the way. All 165 of these buses will most likely be replaced by the '96 Nova's, and maybe a couple '97's that are currently at Yukon. But thats just what I think.

Does this mean the Orion 5's are leaving as well?

No they won't be going anywhere soon. Maybe more swaps between SI and BX, but that's about it.

I also stand corrected. They are begining the start of the moves now. 12 8700 series RTS's have moved from UP to GA. So I would only assume that the next move will be 8500 series from GA to YUK, and '97 Novas (9300's and 9400's) from YUK to UP. But who knows..... It's the (MTA).

Hey everyone. I am back from the hospital for 3 months. Okay, so I hear that TMC Bus #8400-8565 will transfer to Yukon and Ulmer Park. I know the 8700 series will be in Grand Avenue and the NovaBuses from Yukon will be transferred to Flatbush or Ulmer Park. I wander what buses will be transferred to Manhattanville. Like what my cousin, M106Crosstown, said, hopefully, Manhattanville will switch the NovaBuses and TMC buses from Quill again. I loved those buses when they were at Manhattanville.

I wander if Manhattanville could get their original 99 nova buses and 94 tmc buses back? They are better than the ones we have now. And that was 8621, not 8678.

Thanks for clearing that up, cause I was just about to say that I saw 8678 on the B7 today.

The 8000's are garbage!

I hope they don't take away the Nova 9000's from Yukon, i don't really like driving the RTS's, but atleast the Nova's are newer and have some sort of power.

I like the Orion V's though, and always ask to pull one out over an RTS. If they get rid of the Orions, i might have to find another job, lol!

The 8000's are garbage!

I hope they don't take away the Nova 9000's from Yukon, i don't really like driving the RTS's, but atleast the Nova's are newer and have some sort of power.

I like the Orion V's though, and always ask to pull one out over an RTS. If they get rid of the Orions, i might have to find another job, lol!

I don't know if I agree with the 8000's being garbage. They are the oldest buses in NYC, so of course they have seen their prime, but the 8000's in Brooklyn are great. I think thats just a Staten Island/Bronx thing. Get ready because 8401-8565 are heading your way, and the 9300's and 9400's will most likely be moved. LOL... I guess you may want to find a new job around 2016 because they will all be gone! The Orion VI Hybrids are heading your way too as soon as they leave East New York.

I'll believe this when and if it actually happens. Even though SI deserves those buses for shipping their crap elsewhere, I can't see it happening. All these recent moves have been done for milage purposes and to balance fleet ages: i.e 8500's to UP/8700's to GA. And while the 6200-6300's have been on SI forever, it wouldn't make sense to replace them with 8401-8565. It's been made clear that O7's can't run on SI right now, so why would they send buses there if they would need to be replaced in the next couple of months by O7's?

Maybe its just me but based on past moves I think it's more likely for another BX-SI O5 move or a 8700-8900 move to occur than 8401-8565.

I'll believe this when and if it actually happens. Even though SI deserves those buses for shipping their crap elsewhere, I can't see it happening. All these recent moves have been done for milage purposes and to balance fleet ages: i.e 8500's to UP/8700's to GA. And while the 6200-6300's have been on SI forever, it wouldn't make sense to replace them with 8401-8565. It's been made clear that O7's can't run on SI right now, so why would they send buses there if they would need to be replaced in the next couple of months by O7's?

Maybe its just me but based on past moves I think it's more likely for another BX-SI O5 move or a 8700-8900 move to occur than 8401-8565.

The 8400's, and 8500's are supposedly going to be swaped for Yukon RTS's, not Orion 5's. Not sure what the reason is, but it is eminent, and that batch of RTS's is next on the chopping block, most likely late this year or early next year. Some 8700's have recently gone to GA.

Archived