TMC Buses transferring to Yukon Rumor

m106crosstown

Let me correct myself, the 8000's they're sending out here to Yukon are pretty bad, the first day i had one (8745), the headlights didn't work, the bus had almost no power and the e-z pass did not work. I know the buses at one time were good, but they're 18 yrs old, it's time to retire soem of these buses.

Is there any word that the 8000's they're sending to Yukon are going to Grand Ave for overhauls? I did a few bus moves to and from Grand Ave with the 9000's. They're nice buses when they come out from an overhaul, that's until the get back to staten island of course, lol!

I don't mind the Nova's that much, but i still perfer the Orion V on the local lines. But as everybody has stating, the Nova's are being moved out of here, I hope by that time i'll have enough senority to just solely pick express either on the X109 or X1719. I really like driving the MCI's and doing the express routes.

The main gripes i have with the RTS is two things:

1. The mirrors are just too small, the Orion and MCI have the convex mirrors which make it much easier to see on the right side.

2. I'm 6'4, so when i sit in an RTS im just too cramped, esp when the seat don't go back far enough or the air don't let out and im sitting too high, the Orion's have more room for me and the powersteering is alittle nicer on the V's.

Besides these two things, the RTS's aren't that bad, i just perfer the V's if i have a choice.

I drove the Orion VI Hybrids, and i liked them, i wish we had them out here, now i got something to look foward too.

I would have to say, if I have more then two trips I would prefer the rts because the orions in SI are just rattle cages. I had one last weekend that hurt my back, and I had to take it out of service. It was so bad the grab rail bars in the bus were missing screws from the vibration:eek:!

Well it's May 18th now and there's no sign of 8400-85xx coming to Yukon. Although, they have sent out out a handful of other 8000-series TMCs and they're very crappy just as Yukon10314 stated.

It would be pretty awful to see Yukon's Novas replaced by a much older TMC fleet, as a good portion of the Nova fleet was just overhauled over the last few months. But, I myself still prefer the 1999 Orion Vs over anything because they're so overly dominant on Staten Island and it's pretty much all I ride and see outside of the scarce Nova on my home S44/S94 route.

Let me correct myself, the 8000's they're sending out here to Yukon are pretty bad, the first day i had one (8745), the headlights didn't work, the bus had almost no power and the e-z pass did not work. I know the buses at one time were good, but they're 18 yrs old, it's time to retire soem of these buses.

Is there any word that the 8000's they're sending to Yukon are going to Grand Ave for overhauls? I did a few bus moves to and from Grand Ave with the 9000's. They're nice buses when they come out from an overhaul, that's until the get back to staten island of course, lol!

I don't mind the Nova's that much, but i still perfer the Orion V on the local lines. But as everybody has stating, the Nova's are being moved out of here, I hope by that time i'll have enough senority to just solely pick express either on the X109 or X1719. I really like driving the MCI's and doing the express routes.

The main gripes i have with the RTS is two things:

1. The mirrors are just too small, the Orion and MCI have the convex mirrors which make it much easier to see on the right side.

2. I'm 6'4, so when i sit in an RTS im just too cramped, esp when the seat don't go back far enough or the air don't let out and im sitting too high, the Orion's have more room for me and the powersteering is alittle nicer on the V's.

Besides these two things, the RTS's aren't that bad, i just perfer the V's if i have a choice.

I drove the Orion VI Hybrids, and i liked them, i wish we had them out here, now i got something to look foward too.

I like both of them.... I'm just an RTS fan. But you are right about the drivers station. It's made for someone my height. (5'7") I've never driven an Orion V, but I have driven plenty of RTS's. I guess I just like the way they handle and take corners at high speed....among other things. You're also right about the mirrors being a tad too small. The new RTS Legend has larger mirrors, and a super powerful CAT engine. But the streets of New York will never have the pleasure of seeing those.

I would have to say, if I have more then two trips I would prefer the rts because the orions in SI are just rattle cages. I had one last weekend that hurt my back, and I had to take it out of service. It was so bad the grab rail bars in the bus were missing screws from the vibration:eek:!

RTS all day!!!

Will the S.I. Rts buses get refirbisished

They were recently overhauled, so they shouldn't need to be...... but we are talking about Staten Island here.

Well it's May 18th now and there's no sign of 8400-85xx coming to Yukon. Although, they have sent out out a handful of other 8000-series TMCs and they're very crappy just as Yukon10314 stated.

It would be pretty awful to see Yukon's Novas replaced by a much older TMC fleet, as a good portion of the Nova fleet was just overhauled over the last few months. But, I myself still prefer the 1999 Orion Vs over anything because they're so overly dominant on Staten Island and it's pretty much all I ride and see outside of the scarce Nova on my home S44/S94 route.

Well, they are doing some interesting moves, so in my opinion it is definitely a sigh that they may be going too Yukon soon. A couple 8500 seried buses went to Grand Av today. Grand also got some 8700's from Ulmer Park a rew days ago. I think the 84 & 8500's may get GOH'd at GA before going to YUK.

Archived