Crips gang thug gets 20 years in vicious stab slay of bus driver Edwin Thomas

Harry

This is why I think everyone who wants to vote should be tested to know what they are actually voting for, and we would not have had the last 10 years of bushbama economics, and these bleeding heart buffoon liberals, and closeted anti gay religious idiot conservatives killing this country. America has fallen, and it can't get up.

It can't get up because the sheeple are too busy bleating to someone else to help them up, rather than picking themselves up.

Those who do pick themselves up refuse to help those around them. They are selfish, greedy, and stupid.

Unless this changes, we are all ROYALLY screwed in this country. These attitudes have affected all the policies of the last 30 years and it's only getting worse.

We want to help perps and murderers, but yet we blame people who were swindled by banks for going into debt and never want to give them a second chance. So we don't help them out, but yet we help the greedy banks out.

Our priorities are mindf-ed.

20 years is basically the rest of his life, and as for killing people who kill, that kind of mentality is why things are so bad in the first place.

If you messed up, would you want to be put to death? Think about it.

- A

I didn't know stabbing people fell under messing up, I guess you follow a new set of rules. This savage piece of shit should never see the light of day again, he didn't "mess up", he murdered someone.

@ PhrasierCrane: he could get out before his 20 year minimum if he earns good time credits, and the state feels he is ready to go. It's no guarantee he will do the whole 20.

ENY you are wrong. It is a guarantee he will do the 20. The only ways he can get away without doing 20 years is if he dies before then, is given a pardon, someone else is proven to be the killer, or he escapes and never gets caught. You are mixing yourself up with a range sentence and a fixed term sentence. This is a range sentence, 20 to life. He has to do 20 years minimum. He is not getting out before 20 years, even if he heals the crippled. If it were a fixed term sentence (i.e. if his term was a solid time, 20 years max) then he could get out before 20 years. You cannot be paroled earlier than the minimum on a range sentence. This is a range sentence.

"NEW York passed the nation’s first “good-time” law, which shaved sentences for well-behaved prisoners, in 1817. In 1876, the state began imposing sentences defined as a range, with convicts becoming eligible for parole after serving the minimum; those who were released reported monthly to citizen volunteers known as guardians, forerunners of today’s parole officers.

Criminals sentenced to a range still earn their first hearing after serving the minimum, while those given a fixed term — say 10 years — can be paroled after serving six-sevenths of their sentence. Those who are held (“hit” is the slang term) are entitled to another hearing after two years, but most appeal the decisions to the Division of Parole’s Office of Counsel, and sometimes beyond that, in court; those who win appeals get another appearance, known as a hearing de novo. "

The last two paragraphs were written by Trymaine Lee of The New York Times.

I Didn't know that.

You know I'm not a BSer like two other "people" you know I've had a problem with. I don't post something unless I've researched it and can back it up. When I am not sure of something I clearly state I'm not sure, and if something is speculation, I state it as speculation. So if I am saying somthing is fact, you can bet money on it that it is fact. If I am proven wrong with proof, I correct myself.

This is a HUGE part of the problem.Bleeding heart judges who should never have any business sitting in a courtroom.The judge now becomes as much a a POS as the felon he sentenced.

When this POS gets out of prison,he should go and live with the Judge and his family.

The appropiate sentence for this thug?? Feet first very slowly into a woodchipper.

Use the on/off switch as often as possible to prolong the pain. PoS deserves to suffer horribly for such a senseless act of murder.

I didn't know stabbing people fell under messing up, I guess you follow a new set of rules. This savage piece of shit should never see the light of day again, he didn't "mess up", he murdered someone.
Truth, scum like that are not human and don't deserve a 2nd chance. If he killed a person for not getting a transfer [and this after not paying], what would he do if it was some other thing that provoked him? He can't be reasoned with. Send him to hell asap.
It can't get up because the sheeple are too busy bleating to someone else to help them up, rather than picking themselves up.

Those who do pick themselves up refuse to help those around them. They are selfish, greedy, and stupid.

Unless this changes, we are all ROYALLY screwed in this country. These attitudes have affected all the policies of the last 30 years and it's only getting worse.

We want to help perps and murderers, but yet we blame people who were swindled by banks for going into debt and never want to give them a second chance. So we don't help them out, but yet we help the greedy banks out.

Our priorities are mindf-ed.

Sadly, but totally true.

Also stop letting these animals lift weights in prison. I've never understood that. Make a dangerous killer stronger so he is more likely able to over power someone and hurt them. That really makes a lot of sense.

Definitely agree on that point. There's no reason they need exercise.

The most patriotic thing they can do with criminals is feed them 100% American made fast food for their 3 square meals with NO access to exercise. Then they become artery clogged milquetoasts who are unlikely to make it out of their term alive (heart attack), and even if they do they are too fat weak and slow to harm anyone

Stupid, stupid, stupid, he should be rotting away in prison his ENTIRE life...

You're angry. All well and good, but your anger is at the wrong place. You have it directed at the killer, and at the law that decided his punishment. The real anger should be at ourselves. The politicians we put in place that made the laws are the reason this scum isn't getting the death penalty, nor life in prison. Which politicians put these laws in? The New York state Senators, and New You State Assembly members did, and their predecessors. How did they get in there? With our votes and our lack of votes. They were put in power with our votes and with our not going in to vote. If Satan were running for office, not voting at all instead of voting for his opponent, ends up being a vote for Satan. Once these scum self absorbed politicians get into office, they do nothing promised because constituents don't get on them for not doing what they want them to do. They are in office representing us, but they end up representing their own agenda. That is our fault for not voting them out immediately after not doing what we wanted them to do.

Another problem with the politicians is that they let New York get over built over the past decade to make more property tax money. Had they had stricter zoning laws, less people could move here, and you wouldn't have 3 million people fighting for 1 million jobs. Crime usually goes up after a period of over building followed by economic downturn because there are too many people.

Another reason things have gotten so bad is two things. Lack of education, and welfare. Before welfare was started, women that shouldn't have been getting pregnant in the first place were now able to hold on the kids they shouldn't have. Before welfare, when a 16-year-old got pregnant, she had to give up the baby to an orphanage because she had no money to keep the kid. Now a 16-year-old can keep the kid. How good can a 16-year-old be as a parent when she herself hasn't grown up yet, and the father, wants no part in being a father isn't going to be much of a positive influence? How many 16-year-olds are disciplinarians? Very few. Obviously some have done a good job with help from their family and things like that, but a large sum have not. Those are the ones that raised an animal like the one that killed Edwin Thomas. These animals they give birth to end up becoming spoiled brats with no respect for authority or anyone else because their mothers never disciplined them, and they had no real father there to show them how to be a man. The girls born see their mother was pregnant at 16, so how can she tell her she shouldn't have sex and get pregnant herself. Growing up without any respect for authority, or respect for others leads to them feeling they are entitled to everything, so they just take whatever they want with no regard for anyone else. That's what's called crime. Then the bleeding hearts come in and start making excuses for them, so they never take accountability or responsibility for their actions and play the victim when they are the perpetrators, like this idiot judge saying he didn't want that trash to die in jail. By saying that, to me he is saying that this piece of crap's life is worth more than Edwin Thomas' life. That's the problem with the bleeding heart fools. They are like a battered girlfriend that defends her abusive boyfriend. You don't defend someone that hurts others, you denounce them and punish them so they can't hurt anyone again.

What happens when these things happen, mother too young to have kids who ends up on welfare, bleeding heart politicians that figure letting a murderer out after 20 to 25 years is worth it because it saves the state money so that they can vote themselves a raise, and greedy politicians that allow their jurisdictions to be over populated because it brings in more property taxes (and also income taxes when the economy is good)? This happens. Children that are raised more like pets, than humans, that listen to their fellow moronic 16-year-old friends and think being a big man is being in a gang. That robbing and killing people, and raping women while he has multiple children with multiple women he is abusing makes him a real man. This didn't happen over night. This is all our fault for doing nothing about it, so we have no right to be angry by what's happened because we did nothing to prevent it. If you want to do something about it, check out the web addresses below, find your state Assembly members, state senators, and city council members and demand the real change. This is where change occurs and is needed, not in the White House. Not in the US Senate. It happens in the state Assembly, the State Senate, and the City Council.

Stop voting for someone solely because that politician is the same skin color as you or the same background as you, or the same sex as you, vote for the one that is going to fix things. If that politician doesn't fix it, vote that politician out the next election.

Contact your representative and demand they fix things. Tell them to reform welfare, or get rid of it. Demand they bring back the death penalty, or stiffer laws for violent felons, or limit the amount of parole that's awarded. If Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, James Madison and the gang could see what has become of the people they would have thought twice about submitting that Declaration of Independence.

If you don't try to fix the problem, you are part of it.

http://assembly.state.ny.us/mem/'>http://assembly.state.ny.us/mem/

http://assembly.state.ny.us/

http://www.state.ny.us/

http://www.nysenate.gov/

http://council.nyc.gov/html/members/members.shtml

Ok, hold up, wait a minute. Now I'm confused again. I was just watching something on TV, and a guy was convicted of 7 counts of rape in 1985. He was sentenced to 25 to life, and was released on parole in 2000, after serving 15 years. Dis something change between now and then?

Ok, hold up, wait a minute. Now I'm confused again. I was just watching something on TV, and a guy was convicted of 7 counts of rape in 1985. He was sentenced to 25 to life, and was released on parole in 2000, after serving 15 years. Dis something change between now and then?

A few questions and a few points. Was it in New York State? Was it 25 to life because of all the charges combined, meaning was it multiple sentences, and were they served concurrently, or consecutively?

I know back then rape was not seen as that serious of a crime by our idiotic government. It had a staute of limitations of 7 years, meaning if the rapist was not indicted within 7 years he could not be jailed for it. Now as far as I know certain rapes have no statute of limitations. I know murder back then and possibly since it became a criminal charge in NY state (don't quote me on this) has always had no statute of limitations. Was there a plea deal set up about his sentence if he pled guilty?

There are certain degrees of crimes and that equates to the severity of the sentence the criminal gets. I'll look into it if anything was different for rape in '85 besides the statute of limitations and get back to you if no one else brings in the correct information first.

Also, some of those crime shows sometimes reporrt incorrect information, much like wikipedia.

edited to add the current penal code for NY state rape

Possible Penalties for Sexual Assault Offenses

The New York State Penal Law provides for the following possible penalties for the various classifications of sexual assault offenses:

Class B Felony - Imprisonment for 5 to 25 years

Class C Felony - Imprisonment for 3 1/2 to 15 years

Class D Felony - Imprisonment for 2 to 7 years

Class E Felony - Imprisonment for 1 1/2 to 4 years

Class A Misdemeanor - Imprisonment for up to 1 year

Class B Misdemeanor - Imprisonment for up to 3 months

A few questions and a few points. Was it in New York State? Was it 25 to life because of all the charges combined, meaning was it multiple sentences, and were they served concurrently, or consecutively?

I know back then rape was not seen as that serious of a crime by our idiotic government. It had a staute of limitations of 7 years, meaning if the rapist was not indicted within 7 years he could not be jailed for it. Now as far as I know certain rapes have no statute of limitations. I know murder back then and possibly since it became a criminal charge in NY state (don't quote me on this) has always had no statute of limitations.

There are certain degrees of crimes and that equates to the severity of the sentence the criminal gets. I'll look into it if anything was different for rape in '85 besides the statute of limitations and get back to you if no one else brings in the correct information first.

Also, some of those crime shows sometimes reporrt incorrect information, much like wikipedia.

I'm certainly not talking about Alabama!! Lol! The sentence was concurrent, and it was on Law & Order: SVU. One of the "Ripped from the Headlines" stories. When It comes to the law, I've never known them not to be on point.

I'm certainly not talking about Alabama!! Lol! The sentence was concurrent, and it was on Law & Order: SVU. One of the "Ripped from the Headlines" stories. When It comes to the law, I've never known them not to be on point.

lol. I didn't think you meant Alabama. I thought possibly it could have been NJ or CT. I don't really watch law shows very often, but I can't expect them to be 100% right. This is all speculation here. So if it was multiple sentences served concurrently, that's why it might have been 25 to life (if they were each consecutive), and he was paroled 15 years later because combined they could have been life, or it could be because they may not have all been felonies. Again this is all speculation. I'll let you know what I can find out.

lol. I didn't think you meant Alabama. I thought possibly it could have been NJ or CT. I don't really watch law shows very often, but I can't expect them to be 100% right. This is all speculation here. So if it was multiple sentences served concurrently, that's why it might have been 25 to life (if they were each consecutive), and he was paroled 15 years later because combined they could have been life, or it could be because they may not have all been felonies. Again this is all speculation. I'll let you know what I can find out.

I've been watching for about 15 years now, and I've always known for them to accurately portray every scenario when it comes to the law. It's kind of like their whole purpose for creating the show. I've seen plenty of range sentences where perps were paroled early for good time. Not only that, but I just called my dad on that. My brother is doing 1 1/2 to 4, and he is up for parole in April. IIRC, he hasn't done the whole term.

I've been watching for about 15 years now, and I've always known for them to accurately portray every scenario when it comes to the law. It's kind of like their whole purpose for creating the show. I've seen plenty of range sentences where perps were paroled early for good time. Not only that, but I just called my dad on that. My brother is doing 1 1/2 to 4, and he's up for parole, and he is up for parole in April. IIRC, he hasn't done the whole term.

Maybe it's a different parole law for murder since it is more serious than rape robbery, and the rest.

Messed up? You call this savage murder of a B/O "messing up"? Oh no, he didn't kill a bus driver in cold blood over a transfer, he messed up.

...and to think that you have the gall to say that others are responsible for the current state of society.

Firstly, huh?

Secondly, i was referring to the death penalty in a separate thought responding to a comment someone else made.

Also, um, there are plenty of dead innocent people that were sent to their deaths by a judge or jury, in fact one study highlighted in a presentation at temple i attended pointed out that up to 30% of those on death row or killed by death penalty were innocent or guilty of a lesser crime than accused.

You know, parents who promote violence and aggression/inappropriate assertiveness by threatening their children with violence and threats, combined with social injustice, racism, and simple rough circumstances of life is why these people end up joining gangs. Who woulnd't want to feel like they belong and like someone has their back, and maybe some money.

These kids can't find a real job and many their peers and elders also do not value education as much as they should, so they end up uneducated and desperate.

I may not live in new york, but i've spent enough time around these environments, people, and situations to understand that it is not a simple fix, and killing people because their life situation pointed them towards disaster isn't fair. Yes of course it is wrong to take a life, but it is also wrong to take a life as a form of punishment as well.

- A

Firstly, huh?

Secondly, i was referring to the death penalty in a separate thought responding to a comment someone else made.

Also, um, there are plenty of dead innocent people that were sent to their deaths by a judge or jury, in fact one study highlighted in a presentation at temple i attended pointed out that up to 30% of those on death row or killed by death penalty were innocent or guilty of a lesser crime than accused.

You know, parents who promote violence and aggression/inappropriate assertiveness by threatening their children with violence and threats, combined with social injustice, racism, and simple rough circumstances of life is why these people end up joining gangs. Who woulnd't want to feel like they belong and like someone has their back, and maybe some money.

These kids can't find a real job and many their peers and elders also do not value education as much as they should, so they end up uneducated and desperate.

I may not live in new york, but i've spent enough time around these environments, people, and situations to understand that it is not a simple fix, and killing people because their life situation pointed them towards disaster isn't fair. Yes of course it is wrong to take a life, but it is also wrong to take a life as a form of punishment as well.

- A

Lots of people grow up in that environment, and suffer. And they either work they way out of it or they toil trying to get out and never do.

But the overwhelming majority never murder an innocent civil servant in cold blood over a paper transfer worth two dollars and 25 cents.

Pardon my French, but I don't give a shit about his "life situation" growing up in that neighborhood. Edwin Thomas did not threaten him or intimate that he might take away what little in life this loser had. He had no reason to react with violence, yet he did anyway. Racism? Please. Edwin Thomas was black also.

He wasn't some poor guy stealing to feed his family because he couldn't afford food. Society did not give him no other choice but to kill Mr. Thomas.

He had an option. Get on the bus for free (which Mr. Thomas allowed him to do), sit his stupid ass down, and get off where he needed to. Then get on free on the second bus route too since sooner or later someone would have just let him on. Then Mr. Thomas goes on living his life.

Instead this jerk chose to stab him for no reason and for that he deserves the worst. The gang didn't put him up to it. It wasn't his "initiation". He did it on his OWN.

And statistics can say what they want, but they don't tell the whole story. This wasn't a case of finger pointing and he said/she said. This was as open and shut a case as possible since it was KNOWN this was the guy who did it from Day One. This is Exhibit A in the argument FOR the death penalty. There was no uncertainty involved whatsoever in this case. He should have fried.

Firstly, huh?

- A

Question for you metsfan. What would you have done if he killed your father? If it were me, I would have destroyed him. Physically beaten him down until the only way to identify him was the blood soaked puddle on the floor after what's left of him. I wouldn't even need a weapon to do it. If I couldn't do it personally because he had government protection, I would find out what prison he is in, find an inmate, make a deal with that inmate to kill this trash if I didn't get the opportunity to rip him apart myself. If you didn't desire to kill him as well, I would be ashamed to be your father. And I'm not even a violent person.

Archived