MBTA cars on the NEC?

metsfan

Coming home wednesday (at least i think it was going home, coulda been going to nyp), april 2 i saw something really unusual between newark and ewr on the (NJT):nec:. it was i believe 3 or 4 (cant remember was awake 36 hours at the time) very obviously not NJT cars sitting on that lay up yard there. Had the red stripe on the sides and all. Anyone else see them, or know what they are doing there? Also sitting nearby was a small diesel in njt colors the model of which i dont know by memory. Could these be cars bought from MBTA?

- Andy

They were actually by the Harrison PATH Yard. Those cars were down in Delaware for some kind of maintance. Those cars were involved in trainwrecks. They should be on their way back to MA soon.

YES! that's where i saw them. Interesting. Are they going to catch a freight north, i guess?

- Andy

I saw those cars today while railfanning path there trucks were new and shiny LOL.

Yea, i was like "wow" when i saw them, wasn't sure if they belonged to a museum or what. i'll get some photos tuesday if they are still there!!!

- Andy

YES! that's where i saw them. Interesting. Are they going to catch a freight north, i guess?

- Andy

They should be going soon. Definately gonna join a freight train on a trip back to MA. Probably waiting for one to come down first.

Archived