NBA, NHL and other sports thread Fall 2010

Shortline Bus

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
James should have stayed wit the Cavs. it would have been better for him to win the Championship on his own. I just hate all this talk that James is the best player in the world. How can they classify this guy as the best player and couldnt even lead the Cavs. He went to the Heat because he knew he couldnt lead his team. James will never be as good as Bryant for Jordan. Besides they only good players they have around James, Bosh, Wade is Eddie House and Udonis Haslem and they just signed Jerry Stackhouse. I say maybe the Heat wins it in the next years.

Clippers to New Jersey would be a good fit also since NJ is getting robbed also.

The Heat: NBA's equivalent to an MLB team getting Lee, CC, Oswalt [not sure how good Bosh is, so won't add in Halladay].

Given how bad the Nets played these past years, I don't think Jersey will miss them much.

Plus the Meadowlands was terrible for them. 41 home games is not good for those coming in from work on a daily basis.

NFL: driving isn't a problem as it's mostly weekends and once a week. NBA, mass transit is probably a better option.

Predictions for 2010-11 season:

East

1. Miami (64-18, Southeast winner)

2. Orlando (62-20)

3. Boston (58-24, Atlantic winner)

4. Chicago (50-32, Central winner)

5. Atlanta (53-29)

6. Milwaukee (48-34)

7. Charlotte (44-38)

8. New York (41-41)

West

1. LA Lakers (59-23, Pacific Winner)

2. Oklahoma City (57-25, Northwest winner)

3. Utah (54-28)

4. Dallas (52-30, Southwest winner)

5. Portland (52-30)

6. San Antonio (50-32)

7. Denver (49-33)

8. Houston (48-34)

If the rumors about Stern wanting to contract 2 teams from existence, just look to Minnesota and Sacramento.

As for the Clippers moving, they wouldn't do that. Owner Donald Sterling has a sweet deal being in Staples Center and in Los Angeles. They wouldn't even move to Anaheim if anything.

Predictions for 2010-11 season:

East

1. Miami (64-18, Southeast winner)

2. Orlando (62-20)

3. Boston (58-24, Atlantic winner)

4. Chicago (50-32, Central winner)

5. Atlanta (53-29)

6. Milwaukee (48-34)

7. Charlotte (44-38)

8. New York (41-41)

West

1. LA Lakers (59-23, Pacific Winner)

2. Oklahoma City (57-25, Northwest winner)

3. Utah (54-28)

4. Dallas (52-30, Southwest winner)

5. Portland (52-30)

6. San Antonio (50-32)

7. Denver (49-33)

8. Houston (48-34)

If the rumors about Stern wanting to contract 2 teams from existence, just look to Minnesota and Sacramento.

As for the Clippers moving, they wouldn't do that. Owner Donald Sterling has a sweet deal being in Staples Center and in Los Angeles. They wouldn't even move to Anaheim if anything.

OKC 57 wins l0l. I see them with the same record as last year. Lakers will go 61-21. There bench is going to win alot of games this year. There bench won that game last night. Shannon Brown came of the bench with 4 3s in the 4th qtr and Steve Blake had 3 3s of his own in that 4th qtr. And Matt Barns didnt do much but his pesky defense is going to cause alot of problems for them wing men.

Its said Yao is only limited to 24mins a game. I really like Yao. Last night Gasol looked like a point guard compared to Yao.

OKC 57 wins l0l. I see them with the same record as last year. Lakers will go 61-21. There bench is going to win alot of games this year. There bench won that game last night. Shannon Brown came of the bench with 4 3s in the 4th qtr and Steve Blake had 3 3s of his own in that 4th qtr. And Matt Barns didnt do much but his pesky defense is going to cause alot of problems for them wing men.

Its said Yao is only limited to 24mins a game. I really like Yao. Last night Gasol looked like a point guard compared to Yao.

Yao before the injury was on his way to becoming the best center on the planet. Not sure he be the same player again though. On the Thunder winning 55 or wins I don't think it happen either. However OKC plays in the league's weakest division right now and could win it with just 50 wins.

Gasol is probably the most underrated star in the NBA right now. He reminds me (not as good as them)little bit of a David Robinson, a great smaller(under 7 feet)Center/power foward who is a excellent short-range shooter and rebounder.

Gasol being traded from Memphis ranks with the one worst trades in NBA History.

Yao before the injury was on his way to becoming the best center on the planet. Not sure he be the same player again though. On the Thunder winning 55 or wins I don't think it happen either. However OKC plays in the league's weakest division right now and could win it with just 50 wins.

Gasol is probably the most underrated star in the NBA right now. He reminds me (not as good as them)little bit of a David Robinson, a great smaller(under 7 feet)Center/power foward who is a excellent short-range shooter and rebounder.

Gasol being traded from Memphis ranks with the one worst trades in NBA History.

Underrated and I dont understand why he is. Gasol is the most skilled out of all big men in the league today. He really is a 4. I just dont like him playing the 5. He is a match up nightmare for any 4 in the league because of his size and ability to shoot 20ft jumpers. When Bynum gets back the Lakers will coast to the finals.

After seeing last nights Heat/Celtics game, they have a lot of problems that needs to be looked at. Like like Sir Charles said they are a jump shooting team and they dont have a big man to get easy baskets. With all due respect to Z he doesnt have it anymore. You cannot win a championship shooting jumpers all day long. And the Lakers tore the Magic up 4-1 in the 2009 Finals because all the Magic do is shoot 3s. You live and die by the 3. Someone had the nerve to think the Heat was going to go 82-0 this season smfh. Tonight the Heat is in Philadelphia and I have a feeling there going to go 0-2. There is a problem and Bosh, Wade, James need to the ball to be effective and they are not used to it.

Hapless Raptors l0l, its rebuliding time for them. Hedo Turkgulo was a bust for them and he will be a bust with the Suns. Golden State put up 132 points last night and Monte Ellis had 46 points and this game didnt even go to OT.

As for Amare I hope he does well, but without Nash no one knows if he can actually lead a team. His stats are there. Amare is most effective with the Pick-n-Roll.

Hapless Raptors l0l, its rebuliding time for them. Hedo Turkgulo was a bust for them and he will be a bust with the Suns. Golden State put up 132 points last night and Monte Ellis had 46 points and this game didnt even go to OT.

As for Amare I hope he does well, but without Nash no one knows if he can actually lead a team. His stats are there. Amare is most effective with the Pick-n-Roll.

Looks like the Raptors will be a lottery team again. Not to get off topic but Toronto sports teams have sucked for a while now. The Maple Leafs are off to a good start and the Blue Jays finished with nearly 85 wins in a cut-throat AL East in MLB. Toronto is one of the most beautiful cities in North America.

However the Raptors who in the Carter days almost made the East Finals in 2001, just a couple of years after being granted a NBA expansion team has not been the same since.

Raptors havent had it too well since those days. I remember that war between them and Philadelphia which was just an amazing series.

Sixers are to talking with the Bulls right now looking to trade Andre Iguadola for Leoul Deng, Deng would give Philly someone who can find his own side. Philly needs to build arond Evan Turner. I really like that kid. i just dont like what Doug Collins dig by starting Jure Holliday. Turner came of the Bench with 17 points 6 rebounds. They need to start that kid. He is face of that team.

Just was watching the massacre woops i mean Heat/Nets game in Newark today on Halloween 2010. Miami blew out NJ, as a sell out crowd was at the 'Rock.'

I don't understand why this game was not scheduled for 5pm this evening as Jets/Giants were not playing in the 415pm games this week. I am sure the Jets/Packers on same time at 1pm will kill it in the TV ratings.

I know the NBA likes to play a few afternoon games a season to try to get kids/families who normally can't attend a weeknight game especially during the school year. However in this case, it a bad choice for tv ratings reasons.

This should intrest EE Local as I mention NHL for second. sidney crobsy and the Pen moved into a new arena this season as the bulding Mario and Sid helped create.

and the Canucks now play in a renamed GM(General Motors)Arena now called Rogers Arena named after Canada's largest Cable TV Provider and Communcations company in British Columbia.

Rogers Arena the GM is the 2nd major sports complex in Canada renamed in last few years, joining the former Skydome home of MLB's Blue Jays.

On the NBA, the Lakers are off to their usual great start as the last remaining unbeaten team as the league enters it's 3rd week of the 2010/11 regular season.

Don't forget the unexpected Hornets, who are 4-0 and the Hawks, who are 5-0. The Lakers look to go 6-0 tonight as they face the Raptors. The Lakers are averaging 114.ppg. When they played Memphis they put up 73 points at the half. They are just simply out scoring everyone. The Lakers are a scary team and I don't think anyone can matchup with them.

Don't forget the unexpected Hornets, who are 4-0 and the Hawks, who are 5-0. The Lakers look to go 6-0 tonight as they face the Raptors. The Lakers are averaging 114.ppg. When they played Memphis they put up 73 points at the half. They are just simply out scoring everyone. The Lakers are a scary team and I don't think anyone can matchup with them.

Besides Gasol, Chris Paul is another star player in NBA that ESPN never promotes.

Remember it was only couple of season ago that the New Orleans Hornets was this close to making the Western Division Finals.

Archived