"What the hell is going on with the (C)?"

Harry

I was talking with a friend of mine last night and he asked me, "what the hell is going on with the (C) line?". He tells me that line has been screwed up on the weekends for months. I told him that I didn't know but maybe someone here would.

So if anyone knows anything please post. :)

Looks like just a ton of track/signal work going on. I completely forget (fatigue) which station, but it looks like they recently replaced track and 3rd rail, ties and all along the (A)(C)(E) for most of the station length on one side of the platform i was on, and part fo the length on the other side, it says to take the (A) train instead. I usually take the (E), but even that one has been skipping 1 or 2 stops randomly during the day on the way to WTC.

- Andy

Lets see the Signal from Canal st to Boardway are all being replaced as part of the repairs that was needed after the fire at WTC station a few years back. This section will be tiesed in the Jay St master tower once it is competed. The TA don't want to run so many trains down 6th Ave from W4 and Jay St. while he work is being done, so the C crews get the short end of the sticks. I have have to work a Station Switching job on Saturday at 168st this week.

Yeah most likely I'll be doing the same on Sun. Anyway the (C) is a Low PRI line so any time construction project are set up along the (A)(C)(D)(E)(F) Routes that make add service together along 8 AV or rerouted via 6 AV (C) service is always suspended for the most part. If you are a T/O and C/R who pick the (C) on Wkends you fall to the Extra list when service doesn't run. So you picked but treated like you just started with transit.

Why need the (C) when you got (A)s making local stops?

the A local is a total pain in the ass, even if your lucky enough to get a seat. the A is already crowded express, local only brings more people, and also local means slower and more stops

the worse part is that once in a while they like to pull this thing when E's don't go to chambers and your forced to take the A (like today, but at least the A Downtown was Express today)

Archived