IRT SMEE museum will be in service on mets home opener

trainfan22

The IRT train of many colors will be in service on the (7) line. For the mets home opener it will do only do one trip then it will go back to the yard. But this kinda sucks because its on a school day:( But it will greatbirds running in sevice again!!!! But i cant be there damn.....

On the mets home opener on tuesday. but the game starts at 1PM so the train would run during the midday hours.....

What line is it running on? I may be able to catch it if i make the 8:49 (NJT):nec: train. I am going to the stadium to get tickets for thursday, would be a cool way to get there!

- Andy

What line is it running on? I may be able to catch it if i make the 8:49 (NJT):nec: train. I am going to the stadium to get tickets for thursday, would be a cool way to get there!

- Andy

Its running on the (7) line from times square to shea studium...

Yes, i realized that as soon as i hit submit, oh well better to ask then be lost. If i can make that early (NJT) train i'll be onboard for that. With my luck though i'll get the 9:38 and be just in time for the pre-game rush, and all i wanna do is get tickets for the 10th (they finally completely sold out the home opener late thursday)!

- Andy

Could someone please re-fresh my memory on SMEE's definition.

Thanks

Paul (:D

As others have said SMEE is the braking system on the R10's through R42's and the R62/A's and R68/A's

The big thing about SMEE when it was first introduced with the R10's was that it self laps, so in short form it works a lot like a car brake, the more brake you give it the faster the train stops, the less you give the slower it stops.

Arnines and other earlier cars didn't work as "easily" - that AMUE system was an entirely different animal.

Archived