R42MK trains signed on the (A)

m106crosstown

Not as bad as I'd imagine it must have been moving those R62A's from the (6) to the (7)... Now THAT was a move and a half...

Tell me if this is right: They went from the IRT Lex to IRT Livonia to BMT Canarsie (via Linden shops yard lead in ENY) to BMT Broadway el at Broadway Junction to BMT 4th Avenue Brooklyn to BMT Broadway subway to IRT Flushing at Queensboro Plaza.

Or: (6) => (3) => (L) => (M) => (N) => (7)

Tell me if this is right: They went from the IRT Lex to IRT Livonia to BMT Canarsie (via Linden shops yard lead in ENY) to BMT Broadway el at Broadway Junction to BMT 4th Avenue Brooklyn to BMT Broadway subway to IRT Flushing at Queensboro Plaza.

Or: (6) => (3) => (L) => (M) => (N) => (7)

Sounds good to me...of course no 3rd rail on Junius St. center tk so theyd have to been Pulled...

Only other connection b/w A and B Divs (other than the ones named) is through 207 St. yd...

Sounds good to me...of course no 3rd rail on Junius St. center tk so theyd have to been Pulled...

Only other connection b/w A and B Divs (other than the ones named) is through 207 St. yd...

Alright, so perhaps (6) => (S) => (1) => (A) (thru 207 yard) => (D) => (N) => (7) or (6) => (5) => (2) => (1) => (A) => (D) => (N) => (7) or (6) => (4) => (D) (via Jerome-Concourse yard connection) => (N) => (7)

I love the way they gotta weave through the intricacies of the system to move trains to certain places...

Alright, so perhaps (6) => (S) => (1) => (A) (thru 207 yard) => (D) => (N) => (7) or (6) => (5) => (2) => (1) => (A) => (D) => (N) => (7) or (6) => (4) => (D) (via Jerome-Concourse yard connection) => (N) => (7)

I love the way they gotta weave through the intricacies of the system to move trains to certain places...

I'd love to ride on the trains when they move them like that!!!!

- Andy

i know they came from east new york. how did they come from east new york to the pitkin yards?

Go across the Willy B, use the Chrystie Street cut, change ends on 6th Ave (north of West 4th Street perhaps)..

Go South on B1 Track trough West 4th Street, then go upstiars on A1 track(where the old (JFK) Express used to go) and then stay on 8th Ave...

Right to Pitkin Yd in Crooklyn..:cool: :cool:

There aren't any tracks to connnect the (6)/(6x) with the (1). via the (S)

when are these trains suppose to be on the (A) Line and if so, will it just be r40m, r42 and r44 trains on the (A)?

The R42s are soppsed to be on the (A) any day now. To replace the R32s that will go to jamaica yard. And the R40Ms will be over there once more of those japanese R160s come into service. And more R42s will jump ship as more french R160s come into service...

So if the R42 replaces the R38 and R32 on the (A), where do those go? I know the (C) is like R32 heaven, but the excess are either getting scrapped or moved I suppose.

Not sure about the R38's, but the Phase I R32's that are displaced will be headed to Jamaica and replacing some of the Phase II R32's that will heading to the Ocean..at least from what I heard

They could have also done this:

J=>E=>A

There's a reverse siding at Jamaica Center that Leads up to the E line

I hate to see the R32s get reefed. But we can't holdon to them forever.....

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?80242

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?80769

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?80770

You can also see a few R38s in those pics.

Archived