R160s arent going to last

trainmaster101

The r160s are going down as the worst efficent trains in nyc ever! These "new technology" trains arent going to last as long as any previous trains. The braking system is horrible and sounds like they are 45+ years old. The horns are junk and the FIND systems are either on the wrong line or just dont work. I have a feelking these busses are going to be like the grumman flxibles..Not made to handle NYC traffic. Tell me what you think!

Guest lance25

@trainmaster101: If the FINDs/LED displays are the biggest problems of the fleet, it's really not that big of a deal. Plus, like Orion said, the R160s have the highest MDBF in the system, which, if I'm not mistaken, is a record for the (MTA). Also, the (MTA) invested way too much money in these new cars to have them crap out before they're intended to.

Thats true but lets wait until the warranty runs out and car equipment gets a hold of them.

Isn't that the same with anything you buy, as soon as the warranty expires, it stops working the way it's supposed to.

@trainmaster101: If the FINDs/LED displays are the biggest problems of the fleet, it's really not that big of a deal. Plus, like Orion said, the R160s have the highest MDBF in the system, which, if I'm not mistaken, is a record for the (MTA). Also, the (MTA) invested way too much money in these new cars to have them crap out before they're intended to.

Isn't that the same with anything you buy, as soon as the warranty expires, it stops working the way it's supposed to.

Im still waiting for my VCR to mess up i had for ten years...

Guest lance25
You know , these R160s aren't going to last threads" are a waste of time. Especially now since it's way too early to tell. I'm not forcing opinions here but I think most of you WANT the R160 to epicly fail

Holy shit, a post that didn't bring out the torches and pitchforks, amazing. And one that I agree with, it's a sign of the apocalypse.

Archived