B/O Advancement Opportunity's

Nogimmicks

Can anyone tell me the positions above a bus operator, their salary range, pension info, etc? Thank you.

Dispatcher starts at 59,000, goes up to about 70,00 after three years.

Superintendent starts at 72,000. Goes up to 85,000 after three years.

Assistant General super starts at 86,000. goes up to about 95.

General Superintendent starts at over 100k.

I have tried to confirm these numbers but no one knows for sure.

NOTE: These numbers are without overtime. Dispatchers make over 100k with overtime.

Dispatcher starts at 59,000, goes up to about 70,00 after three years.

Superintendent starts at 72,000. Goes up to 85,000 after three years.

Assistant General super starts at 86,000. goes up to about 95.

General Superintendent starts at over 100k.

I have tried to confirm these numbers but no one knows for sure.

NOTE: These numbers are without overtime. Dispatchers make over 100k with overtime.

Ok, so these positions are hourly, not salary

Ok, so these positions are hourly, not salary

Dispatcher is hourly, and they are the only ones to get overtime. Superintendent is a salaried position, and there is no overtime. Superintendents can work overtime, but that is part of their salary. They get paid no extra, and they are at the mercy of the Chief Transportation officer of the DOB. They send them where they want to. Dispatchers pick where they want to work. But if a dispatcher picks to work the street, they are there for 1 year. They pick every 6 months, but they stay on the road for 1 year. If they pick inside the depot, same thing. They are in for 1 year, but do pick every 6 months also. There are also 19-A dispatchers, which is a picked job also. They work in the depots, and give probie rides. They also work out of Zerega and do the same, but in plain cloths, for probie rides, and in unifrom for non-probie rides.

I know Mr.Frusci did or will take the dispatcher exam. You need 3 years as a B/O to advance to dispatcher. No short cuts. To become a superintendent, I don't know how many years you need as a dispatcher, but it is a resume job then. No competitive tests.

Dispatcher is hourly, and they are the only ones to get overtime. Superintendent is a salaried position, and there is no overtime. Superintendents can work overtime, but that is part of their salary. They get paid no extra, and they are at the mercy of the Chief Transportation officer of the DOB. They send them where they want to. Dispatchers pick where they want to work. But if a dispatcher picks to work the street, they are there for 1 year. They pick every 6 months, but they stay on the road for 1 year. If they pick inside the depot, same thing. They are in for 1 year, but do pick every 6 months also. There are also 19-A dispatchers, which is a picked job also. They work in the depots, and give probie rides. They also work out of Zerega and do the same, but in plain cloths, for probie rides, and in unifrom for non-probie rides.

I know Mr.Frusci did or will take the dispatcher exam. You need 3 years as a B/O to advance to dispatcher. No short cuts. To become a superintendent, I don't know how many years you need as a dispatcher, but it is a resume job then. No competitive tests.

100% correct

Archived