Hot Stove MLB News Off season 2010-11

Shortline Bus

Just been reading Sports online sites like AOL Sports and they have just listed the best minor league prospects for each MLB in 2011. The KC Royals have been ranked #1 and 'have the best core of propsects in years' states AOL sports. Baseball America and USA Today also place the Royals at or near the top of the listings and could be the sleeper as MLB 'suprise' club that could contend at least for a wild card. The Yankees were in the 'top 10' while the Mets finished near dead last. Here article.

Are the Royals the 'new' Rays as a club that went from last place-playoff contender?

reactions?

http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2011/02/10/2011-farm-system-rankings/?icid=maing%7Cmain5%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk2%7C43649

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the Royals will be more of a force in maybe 2 or 3 years. They might suffer a few more 4th or 5th place finishes, but soon they'll be a force to be reckoned with.

Got to disagree. I am not saying this seaon the Royals will win the world series. However if their so called 'great' propsects develop in the majors quickly like the Rays did in 2007,(they made the 2008 World Series) then by 2012, the Royals could win the AL Central or go dare we say further.

Remember just like the NFL we are in an era of parity in pro baseball.

I think the Royals will be more of a force in maybe 2 or 3 years. They might suffer a few more 4th or 5th place finishes, but soon they'll be a force to be reckoned with.

For all these years of 4th/5th place finishes, they better have some pretty good draft picks to show for it like the Rays have. At least it seems [dunno a thing about the Royals], their owner isn't an idiot like the Pirates owner are in giving up good players for nothing.

"The Yankees were in the 'top 10' while the Mets finished near dead last."

I believe that, thanks to Omar Minaya and his assistants

for destroying the organization. Hard to believe that the

Diamondbacks offered him a job as a special assistant.

He still has 2 years left on his contract with the Mets so

most likely he won't take another job in baseball, he isn't

going to walk away from 2 million which the Mets owe him.

This ESPN Update is brought to you by Cap'n Crunch:

Yankees ace CC Sabathia arrived at spring training 25 pounds lighter. There are rumors that he'll exercise an opt-out clause in his contract at the end of the season, meaning he could potentially make even more money than the 23 million dollars he currently makes. It would be the epitome of greed.

This ESPN Update is brought to you by Cap'n Crunch:

Yankees ace CC Sabathia arrived at spring training 25 pounds lighter. There are rumors that he'll exercise an opt-out clause in his contract at the end of the season, meaning he could potentially make even more money than the 23 million dollars he currently makes. It would be the epitome of greed.

News Flash FG. "CC" is not the first and not the last sports star to always sell himself to the highest bidder. It goes on all the time in Hollywood as well.

Surprised no one brought it up. The Cards and All World 1B Albert Pujols, just announced a couple of days ago, a mutual agreement in which he will not dicuss a contract extension and become a free agent after this '11 season.

If Pujols becomes a free agent does he approach or break A-ROD's contract as highest paid MLB contract and perhaps the richest player in history of team sports?:confused::eek:

Surprised no one brought it up. The Cards and All World 1B Albert Puliois just announced a couple of days ago, a mutual agreement in which he will not dicuss a contract extension and become a free agent after this '11 season.

If Pujlios becomes a free agent does he approach or break A-ROD's contract as highest paid MLB contract and perhaps the richest player in history of team sports?:confused::eek:

Let the "Pujols to the Yankees" foam begin...

Let the "Pujols to the Yankees" foam begin...

Can we say 6 years $180 Million(about $30 Million a season) to start?:eek:

Shifting gears on a more serious matter, Tigers all star outfielder Miguel Cabrera is in legal trouble after being arrestred of DUI charges a few days ago. Man this is a talented young player that has serious issues and hopefully 'wakes up' and realizes he probably has a drinking problem.

More bad news for the Cardinals. After their failure to re-sign possible future HOF 1B Albert Pujolis, now one of their ace Starters Adam Wainwright could be questionable for the season w/ an elbow injury?

Some are saying it's similar injury that the Nationals Stephen Strasburg is recovering from.

Here link.

http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2011/02/23/adam-wainwright-may-have-significant-elbow-injury-returns-to/?icid=maing%7Cmain5%7Cdl3%7Csec3_lnk1%7C45855

Plus isn't Chris Carpenter the other ace that is always injured? I have doubts about the Cards chances this year unless the other Central teams do worse than them.

Yup. The NL Central looks at it's best for first time in years with '3' clubs, the defending division winner Reds and vastly improved Cubs and Brewers battling it out.

This year's wild card could even come out of the NL Central. IMO if the Cards have a terrible year, this could be the last season for both LaRussa and Pujolis in St. Louis.

As the Yanks, Mets and the other 28 MLB clubs start 'warm-up' games in both Fla. and Arizona, it nice to know the regular season is about a month away.

First big news of trainning camp of the NY teams is this. Former All Star CF Carlos Beltran in a suprise has agreed with Mets request to shift to RF full time to make room for rising star Pagan. So Met fan what you think of this? Or Ollie Perez in first grapefruit league start becoming 'batting pratice' against basically at best high minor league propspects?

The best thing the Mets can do is put Perez on waivers and eat the contract. He's a cancer and I'm not even a Mets fan. Beltran is smart to move since it maybe his last shot to get a new contract elsewhere.

Now the Mets definitely should've signed Derek Lowe instead of Perez that off season

Now the Mets definitely should've signed Derek Lowe instead of Perez that off season

Yup, totally should.

Hypothetically: would the Mets agree to trade Perez for Igawa of the Yankees? I mean Igawa is like the highest paid minor leaguer and perez just refuses to be demoted to the pen or minors. I think this could be at least a small upside for the Mets since maybe Igawa can do some major league work and Perez at worst can be put on waivers if he refuses to be demoted.

Thoughts?

Yup, totally should.

Hypothetically: would the Mets agree to trade Perez for Igawa of the Yankees? I mean Igawa is like the highest paid minor leaguer and perez just refuses to be demoted to the pen or minors. I think this could be at least a small upside for the Mets since maybe Igawa can do some major league work and Perez at worst can be put on waivers if he refuses to be demoted.

Thoughts?

Sorry to sound. I did not even know Igawa was still in the Majors(aka minors).

Thought he was back in Japan.

Archived