Most annoying subway beggars

lilbluefoxie

Discuss the most annoying people begging for money in the subway.

Here's my top 3

3) the random guy shoving styrafoam cup in your face

2) the kids selling overpriced candy

1) the United Homeless guy with the sandwiches, (however he got really happy when i gave him a dollar coin once)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst:

The candy ones because they all say the same thing "I am here selling candy not for no basketball team but for myself so that I can by more candy and stay out of trouble and off the streets"

There is one woman that gets belligerent when no one in a car gives her anything. I've seen her a few times. She starts telling everyone how spoiled they are because no one gives. She's obnoxious.

But the worst is the one that starts with... "IT'S SHOWTIME" facepalm.gif

The worst:

The candy ones because they all say the same thing "I am here selling candy not for no basketball team but for myself so that I can by more candy and stay out of trouble and off the streets"

Exactly. I mean, how many of these people really are doing it for themselves? It's all some form of cult they're apart of, they conjugate somewhere and devise what they're gonna do next. At least that's the way I see it lol

The best subway beggars have to be on the (A) train, I clearly remember that day it occurred. So I was on the (A) & no one gives this homeless guy any money so goes:

"These selfish a** rich f*****, not giving the poor black man any money"

"B******!"

"At least you get to be in a heated place without being kicked off the train every f****** day."

"ALLL YOU RICH A** WHITE B****** WILL BURN IN HELL, GOD WILL PUNISH YOUUUU!!"

& He quietly leaves to the next car...

The worst:

There is one woman that gets belligerent when no one in a car gives her anything. I've seen her a few times. She starts telling everyone how spoiled they are because no one gives. She's obnoxious.

I agree with the Kids selling candy.Its all scripted and how in world are the fat kids selling candy ever going to make it on the team if every now and then they are sneaking candy in their mouths.

I saw her on the (N) some time back. She was almost slapped by some lady.

And the religious zealots are the most annoying.

The worst:

I definetly agree with you on the candy people. Although they happen to appear on the (4) and (5).

Exactly. I mean, how many of these people really are doing it for themselves? It's all some form of cult they're apart of, they conjugate somewhere and devise what they're gonna do next. At least that's the way I see it lol

I look at it this way, at least their being honest about the money going to them and not their high school _____ team. I mean I still wouldn't give them a damn thing.

-shrug- the candy guys dont bother me. They always seem to get on around the time I'm getting extremely hungry and need somethin to tide me over till i get home or destination B. I'll gladly buy from them.

The ones that annoy me are the ones that get on thinking they can sing and they really cant. Can't turn my ipod music up loud enough to drown them out.

You can't really classify the kids selling candy as beggars. They're street merchants offering something in return for the cash you give them. Its no different than buying candy from a newsstand (in most cases the kids' candy is cheaper). They make their announcement walk through the car and you have the option of buying or ignoring them. Then, they're on their way. They're definitely not the worst of the people on the subway as far as I can tell.

1) The singers

2) The ones who play loud music and start dancing

3) The ones who think they're entitled to money - had one of those the other day, nobody gave him money, so he starts mouthing off - someone screamed back at him.

4) The ones who get close up to you and ask you - I don't care if you're 6 inches away from my face, get your own cash.

Well the beggers aren't really annoying the kids just want money for themselves maybe b\c their parents don't give them much like a salary.

The performances on the train I enjoy b\c I read a book on my commute or listen to music and I look around everyonce in a while and someone is alway staring.So its free entertainment that people may or may not enjoy instead of staring at the samething a couple of hundred times.The homeless people aren't that bad b\c they usually don't stink if I have something I give it to them whether its a candy bar or some change b\c they are grateful.

The ones who sing I listen I may laugh but its enjoyable to sasitify my ride.

I saw her on the (N) some time back. She was almost slapped by some lady.

And the religious zealots are the most annoying.

Her worst was on the (1) a few years back. She told another woman (mother of three small kids, all 3 in tow) that "You all don't care bout dis...ain't like y'all gotta buy groceries and tampons!"

On a side note my FAVORITE would be the two African American guys selling their CD on the subway. $1 for one song, $5 for the whole CD. They give this whole shpeel about how they do "positive music" with "no drugs, no cussin, no sex, and no violence" and he asks anyone if they want to buy.

No takers. Except for one.

If you guessed the 75 year old Polish lady, you win. "Yiss...this disc of eh songs! Can I buy one?"

The two guys didn't know what to do. "You really want to buy it?" was basically their reaction, "OK one song or a whole CD?"

Even the interracial couple across the car thought it was hilarious. You know you've done something when stereotype breakers laugh at a broken stereotype.

N/B (4) train at Brooklyn Bridge.

This might not be annoying but i think it goes well here. My favorite beggar was this homeless guy that would ride on the A train who would do standup comedy. he was pretty hilarious. Didn't even ask for money but was open to donations if people gave it to him. I haven't seen him in ages.

Archived