Most annoying subway beggars

lilbluefoxie

I remember last year I was with my mom and her fiancée at Nevins Street...we were at the vending machine to purchase a MetroCard with $6.75 for the three of us when some skell comes up to us and says I'll give all three of you a swipe each for $3 total...I told my mom about this countless times but she didn't listen to me and she gave the guy three bucks and she swiped us on. After we went through the turnstile, I reminder her that where we were going was not easily accessible by the subway and we needed a bus, which meant we needed transfers...turns out that the trip that was supposed to cost us $6.75 ended up costing us almost $10 becausewe had to buy a $6.75 MetroCard to get all three of us on the bus...three dollars right down the train...three dollars that could have went to use on something meaningful, like...three McDoubles!!!

Those people who try to sell swipes really piss me off. Cops should seriously fine people who insist on buying swipes for less than the actual fare because that's how the MTA is losing money.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those people who try to sell swipes really piss me off. Cops should seriously fine people who insist on buying swipes for less than the actual fare because that's how the MTA is losing money.

The police have been cracking down on illegal swipe men over the last few years, it's now illegal to sell swipes, but not the fare cards themselves. Personally, I have never come across these "swipers" myself but if I did, I just wouldn't bother with them.

The police have been cracking down on illegal swipe men over the last few years, it's now illegal to sell swipes, but not the fare cards themselves. Personally, I have never come across these "swipers" myself but if I did, I just wouldn't bother with them.

What I'm saying is, those who buy off these swipers should be fined because they're contributing to the problem as why these degenerates are lurking around the stations in the first place.

What I'm saying is, those who buy off these swipers should be fined because they're contributing to the problem as why these degenerates are lurking around the stations in the first place.

Oh okay, sorry if I mis-understood. I agree with your point though.

• 2 weeks later...

Some guys with bongos were playing on the (4) between Grand Central and Union Square. Not only did they place folding chairs next to the central pair of doors on the RIGHT side of the car, they began to yell that if we didn't clap for them we had bad manners. Surely there's something we could get them and the rest of those buskers fined for…creating a hazard?

Archived