6791-95 on the (4)

2 Train Master

Today I saw a set that should be on the (5) I believe on the (4).And it had a (4) strip map already installed/placed!!I was ******* surprised I was like wtf the (4) doesn't have 67xx series.I'll upload the vid and pic asap.Does anyone know whats going on? R142's from the (2)/(5) going to the (4) for 62A's?

I noticed the same thing with 6511-6515 on the (4).

Interesting.Whats crazy about this is they have (4) strip maps.So this have me thinking the R142A's numbered from 7731-7810 will go to the (7) 1st since they are CBTC equipped already and the 62A's will go to the (2)/(5) which will bump the R142's to the (4).That sucks.But anyways:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToHyan69hN4

enjoy!

Interesting.Whats crazy about this is they have (4) strip maps.So this have me thinking the R142A's numbered from 7731-7810 will go to the (7) 1st since they are CBTC equipped already and the 62A's will go to the (2)/(5) which will bump the R142's to the (4).That sucks.

R62A's aren't going to the (2) and (5) lines. There aren't enough R62As currently based at Corona to fulfill the rush hour needs of both the (2) and (5). It's not going to happen.

Not saying they are, but just based on speculation from the above pics/vids with the (4) line strip maps in them.

I would've assumed maybe the (4) has these [67xx] cars while their cars [70xx, 11xx] are getting shopped, but generally that would not require a need to change the strip maps as they are temporary loans. So this really has me stumped. I have no idea what is going on.

*warning* Further speculation on my part:

It could be possible the (4) is trading its fleet with the (2)/(5) as the (4) doesn't have as long a length compared to the (2). So maybe it's a milage thing? Sorta like Spring Creek sending their hybrids to Far Rockaway a few years ago due to milage reason.

*Don't take my words for a fact, I'm just guessing here.

It could be possible the (4) is trading its fleet with the (2)/(5) as the (4) doesn't have as long a length compared to the (2). So maybe it's a milage thing?

Doubt it b\c the (4) is roughly 70-75% R142's and the rest being R142A's(7671-7810).If you think why trade an R142 for an R142.I think the (2) will get the 62A's b\c politics Lex to have ALL New TRAINS!!!(NTT)

ButTTT....if the (2) doesn't get the 62A's I expect to see R142A's on the (2) from the (6) is the (6) will get the (7)'s R62A's.It doesn't make sense to send something and change the maps just to get it back and change the maps.So those sets from the 2/5 on the 4 are staying for a reason! I will keep my word I think the (2) will get the 62A's if not some 142A's from the (6) will go to the (2).

And before anyone says this: the (4) receiving the R62s are very slim, so don't dream about it because it won't happen. The (6), however, could receive them in the near future.

Slim but possible,but you're saying "it won't happen" but yet you said "slim" I think the (4) should get the 62A's or 62's b\c it won't be an issue with rollsigns but if they go to the (2) and (5) it will be b\c of sign changing.

The (2) getting R62As = No, because of one thing. The (2)/(5) often swap cars at Flatbush to meet service levels.

So then 1 thing the (2) will get the 6's R142A's if not then the (5) vice-versa.I mean come on the (2) and (5) are losing R142's for service on the (4) and it can't be temporary if they put (4) line strip maps.So I think when 7731-7810 leave more sets from the (2)/(5) will appear on the (4) and that will result in 62A's going to the (6)<6> bumping the remainder R142A's from the (6) to the (2)/(5).

Interesting.Whats crazy about this is they have (4) strip maps.So this have me thinking the R142A's numbered from 7731-7810 will go to the (7) 1st since they are CBTC equipped already and the 62A's will go to the (2)/(5) which will bump the R142's to the (4).That sucks.But anyways:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToHyan69hN4

enjoy!

No way! the (2)/(5) can't run R62As! It's not meant to be! the (2)/(5) would suck with those cars! I can't Imagine what kind of horrible image would be a foot of they ran R62s! You know the (2)'s the only 7th Ave train with R142s. No way the 2's losing it's unique fleet. Not that special from the (4)(5)(6) but looks awesome compared to the (1) and (3). Plus the consistency would be ruined! the (2)/(5) NEED R142s! For those rush hour runs which has riders craving new technology!

R62A's aren't going to the (2) and (5) lines. There aren't enough R62As currently based at Corona to fulfill the rush hour needs of both the (2) and (5). It's not going to happen.

ahh.. music to my ears! Thanks for the wonderful tune T to Dyre Ave!

No way! the (2)/(5) can't run R62As! It's not meant to be! the (2)/(5) would suck with those cars! I can't Imagine what kind of horrible image would be a foot of they ran R62s! You know the (2)'s the only 7th Ave train with R142s. No way the 2's losing it's unique fleet. Not that special from the (4)(5)(6) but looks awesome compared to the (1) and (3). Plus the consistency would be ruined! the (2)/(5) NEED R142s! For those rush hour runs which has riders craving new technology!

I finally get to do this.

double-facepalm.jpg

D

You just failed posting a comment.

Archived