6791-95 on the (4)

2 Train Master

And the R62s are better than the NTT trains.

Except the R142A's! R142A>R62>R142>R62A.R62's still haul ass for their age compared to the 62A's which struggle to hit 40mph.Don't get me wrong I miss the 62's on the (4) but if the (4) had Kawasaki stuff if would be so overrated I would like lose it everyday.R62's storming and R142A's just kicking ass.

FtrainFoamer will you stop foaming and posting stupid comments every second on this forumm. Do all of humanity a favor and just shut the hell up.

A better way to explain this is this poster here:

stfu-amp-gtfo-demotivational-poster-1208138364.jpg

FtrainFoamer you have never learned your lesson even when for a million times we told you to stop foaming. You keep saying that people would hate the R62's if you take away the R142/A's. That is not true I and everyone else don't care what train shows up as long as it can take me from point A to point B. So no one cares really what car it is so well you please shut up. Also stop it 2 Train Master you are just encouraging him. The only reason why the R142 kicks as* is because it has a better acceleration rate. Though just wait till the steel dust kicks in. Then we will see which car actually kicks as*.

No way! the (2)/(5) can't run R62As! It's not meant to be! the (2)/(5) would suck with those cars! I can't Imagine what kind of horrible image would be a foot of they ran R62s! You know the (2)'s the only 7th Ave train with R142s. No way the 2's losing it's unique fleet. Not that special from the (4)(5)(6) but looks awesome compared to the (1) and (3). Plus the consistency would be ruined! the (2)/(5) NEED R142s! For those rush hour runs which has riders craving new technology!

ahh.. music to my ears! Thanks for the wonderful tune T to Dyre Ave!

Do us a favor and take your Talents to South Fail Beach.

Doubt it b\c the (4) is roughly 70-75% R142's and the rest being R142A's(7671-7810).If you think why trade an R142 for an R142.I think the (2) will get the 62A's b\c politics Lex to have ALL New TRAINS!!!(NTT)

ButTTT....if the (2) doesn't get the 62A's I expect to see R142A's on the (2) from the (6) is the (6) will get the (7)'s R62A's.It doesn't make sense to send something and change the maps just to get it back and change the maps.So those sets from the 2/5 on the 4 are staying for a reason! I will keep my word I think the (2) will get the 62A's if not some 142A's from the (6) will go to the (2).

I think everyone that says R62As won't return to the east side due to politics are totally wrong. A train is a train: take it or nothing. As for R142s: I meant what I said, "maybe send the 'newer' R142s to the (2) for the older R142s for milage reasons - based on what I've seen done with the MTA Bus hybrids".

It makes more sense to give the (6) the R62As because of the LED signs for local or epress and that more or less it has the same set terminals. It makes no sense to put R62As on the (2) since it shares so much with the (5). It would take the crews too long to change all the signs on the trains at Flatbush, if they were to suddenly put an R62A on the (5). This means running an R62A up the east side anyway. So that kinda makes the politics stuff moot.

The (4) could be running these R142s for extra service and/or possiable downtime on one of Jeromes R142, so i don't think this is related to the (7) line swap. Besides idk why people are flipping/foaming over this(Those who are) as this R142 / R62A swap isn't happening right now and we don't have enough information about when it ill happen.

No way! the (2)/(5) can't run R62As! It's not meant to be! the (2)/(5) would suck with those cars! I can't Imagine what kind of horrible image would be a foot of they ran R62s! You know the (2)'s the only 7th Ave train with R142s. No way the 2's losing it's unique fleet. Not that special from the (4)(5)(6) but looks awesome compared to the (1) and (3). Plus the consistency would be ruined! the (2)/(5) NEED R142s! For those rush hour runs which has riders craving new technology!

What do you know about the (2)(5)? I and others live around it.. Not like your an everyday rider whos knows everything. Just shut up and quit foaming..

You don't own the (MTA) to decide what happens to the car.. What your gonna kill yourself if the R160s were kicked out of the (MTA) too? Which won't happen no time soon.

Its about demand and what the (MTA) wants for the people, not for the railbuffs.

BTW Your post makes all Middle School Students look like elementary school writing!:tdown:

--------------

The R62As CAN run on the (2)(5), its just that swapping will be a problem when needed. Flatbush and 239th.. Unless the roll signs were electrically upgraded. Which won't happen..

And besides when cars are swapped you can see some line getting a different fleet.. (2)(5) may see an R62A temporally if needed when ever swaps happen. Even tho idk the future..

Nothing about R62As where they can't run on those 2 lines, but it's just a pita to change those signs back for each line compared to the digital signs. So I have my doubts about the (2)(5) getting the R62As.

To bad its not like the Redbirds which has the (2) / (5) swap signs, then it could do. Don't even think putting a (2) and (5) in one roll sign would help.

Changing the numbers isn't the only thing, they also have to change the north terminal because the (5) doesn't go all the way to 241st or it goes to Dyre Av. This is not a 'simple task'. At the height of the rush hours, they don't have like 5min to change all the signs. A train can enter and leave the station as soon as 1min or less.

So you want R62As on the (2), fine. I just don't see it happening. imo.

Changing the numbers isn't the only thing, they also have to change the north terminal because the (5) doesn't go all the way to 241st or it goes to Dyre Av. This is not a 'simple task'. At the height of the rush hours, they don't have like 5min to change all the signs. A train can enter and leave the station as soon as 1min or less.

So you want R62As on the (2), fine. I just don't see it happening. imo.

I never said i want R62As on this line, of course i know the downside of it.

The (6) might be the line used for the swap do the LED lights included.

I think everyone that says R62As won't return to the east side due to politics are totally wrong. A train is a train: take it or nothing.

It makes more sense to give the (6) the R62As because of the LED signs for local or epress and that more or less it has the same set terminals.

Yes it does make more sense to give the 62A's to the (6) b\c the LED for the LCL and exp but Bloombitch wants Lex all NTT's.But I understand you but check this out.The (4) will have to give up 7731-7810 so this is why the (2)/(5) cars are ending up on the (4) and if the (6) gets the (7)'s cars expect to see R142A's on the (2) or and (5) since there will be extras.The (6) uses more sets than the (7) I believe so the whole fleet is not going to the (7) since the (4)'s 7731-7810 will go,so the extras will go to the (2)/(5).

The (4) could be running these R142s for extra service and/or possiable downtime on one of Jeromes R142,

No,if this is the reason why change the strip map? (2),(4),(5) and (6) riders know where to go and what to do they had NTT's for nearly 10 years and why waste time by changing a map thats will only be temporary.Think about it the set on the (1) from the (7) why aren't those maps changed?That set been there for a few months.

No,if this is the reason why change the strip map? (2),(4),(5) and (6) riders know where to go and what to do they had NTT's for nearly 10 years and why waste time by changing a map thats will only be temporary.Think about it the set on the (1) from the (7) why aren't those maps changed?That set been there for a few months.

hmm didnt notice the strips got changed. However somethings bound to replace what the (2)(5) had. R142/As would be nice.

I wonder if this is similar to 2006/7 when the (2)(5) ran like 1-2 sets of R142As and 1 R142 from the (4). Which idk what was the meaning of that.

When it happens, then the foaming can start l0l.

lol yup, its gonna be crazy, but im just gonna back off.. Ftrainfoamer might piss on himself or cry about the swaps :P

the R62A's on the (7)<7> should go to the (6)<6> b/c the (6)<6> / (7)<7> have an additional express route all other lines (1)(2)(3)(4)(5) don't. it would be useful to have the LEDs on the (6)<6>.

The R62A (1) train using cars from the (7) is permanetly staying there, as I was told by a T/O. they may take the LEDs off, I heard.

Interesting.Whats crazy about this is they have (4) strip maps.So this have me thinking the R142A's numbered from 7731-7810 will go to the (7) 1st since they are CBTC equipped already and the 62A's will go to the (2)/(5) which will bump the R142's to the (4).That sucks.

7731-7810 are not CBTC equipped. They are identical to every other R142A car.

Doubt it b\c the (4) is roughly 70-75% R142's and the rest being R142A's(7671-7810).If you think why trade an R142 for an R142.I think the (2) will get the 62A's b\c politics Lex to have ALL New TRAINS!!!(NTT)

ButTTT....if the (2) doesn't get the 62A's I expect to see R142A's on the (2) from the (6) is the (6) will get the (7)'s R62A's.It doesn't make sense to send something and change the maps just to get it back and change the maps.So those sets from the 2/5 on the 4 are staying for a reason! I will keep my word I think the (2) will get the 62A's if not some 142A's from the (6) will go to the (2).

These car swaps do not necessarily imply some larger car swap AT ALL. It can simply be done for mileage reasons. 80% of bus swaps are done for this reason. Besides, R142s at other yards that also house R142s in no way implies an R62/A transfer.

D

You just failed posting a comment.

Contrary to popular belief, a D is a passing grade. Good try tho

Except the R142A's! R142A>R62>R142>R62A.R62's still haul ass for their age compared to the 62A's which struggle to hit 40mph.Don't get me wrong I miss the 62's on the (4) but if the (4) had Kawasaki stuff if would be so overrated I would like lose it everyday.R62's storming and R142A's just kicking ass.

There is practically no difference between an R62 and an R62A. Yes yes their propulsions are different and the steel lining the outer windows are different colors but practically there is no significant difference. You're only saying the R62As can't go as fast (which is false, all subway cars are capable of reaching the same speeds) because you don't get the opportunity to ride them on the West Side Express. Even then, the (1) easily hits 40 between 116th St. and 125th St. going N/B, and the (7) express puts that argument to shame as well.

___

BTW, can people quit bashing on Ftrainfan? Seriously I understand that his posts can get irritating for some but his lone post is not far off from anything else posted in this thread so far. I don't understand why 8 people need to bash one poster for making one post as if he wouldn't get the same message the 8th time.

These car swaps do not There is practically no difference between an R62 and an R62A. Yes yes their propulsions are different and the steel lining the outer windows are different colors but practically there is no significant difference. You're only saying the R62As can't go as fast (which is false, all subway cars are capable of reaching the same speeds) because you don't get the opportunity to ride them on the West Side Express. Even then, the (1) easily hits 40 between 116th St. and 125th St. going N/B,

Yea umm..the R62's are faster that the R62A's.I ride the (1) twice sometimes 3x a week and I make sure I don't get a train with a dead motor and btwn 116 and 125th n/b the 62A's struggle to hit 40mph some do and some don't but when there were 2 62 sets on the (1) both sets hit 43mph.And the 7thAv Exp I rode 62A's b\c they had the (1) go express from 96-14th and they don't go as fast as the 62's but they try2 get up there.But the R-62's are better and faster than the 62A's.GE ftw those trains are rockets and I can't believe they're getting old they look fairly new.

LOL Man, you're funny. You sure do know how to get these guys all worked up.

Guest lance25

As I've been reading this thread, the strip-map change seems to be most indicative of a permanent car swap. I was always under the impression that it was a relatively process to switch the cardboard strips in the cars. I mean it can't be any harder than replacing the ads; it's not like they have to change any hardware on the trains or anything. If someone in the know can confirm (or deny) this, it would be appreciated.

Make that a giant F since a D is a passing grade. Who cares I will do it myself.

f%20grade.gif

For your foaming and the constant talks about the NTT's and your horrendous ways of ruining the (F) trains and the (F) on the NYC Transit Forums we hearby present you with an F. Use it wisely FtrainFoamer.

Yea umm..the R62's are faster that the R62A's.I ride the (1) twice sometimes 3x a week and I make sure I don't get a train with a dead motor and btwn 116 and 125th n/b the 62A's struggle to hit 40mph some do and some don't but when there were 2 62 sets on the (1) both sets hit 43mph.And the 7thAv Exp I rode 62A's b\c they had the (1) go express from 96-14th and they don't go as fast as the 62's but they try2 get up there.But the R-62's are better and faster than the 62A's.GE ftw those trains are rockets and I can't believe they're getting old they look fairly new.

How fast the train was going depends on the T/O moreso than the actual train. Yes some trains might be slightly faster than others depending on dead motors and such but that's only a slight difference. Also whenever the (1) runs express between 14th and 96th there's almost always some sort of construction project causing the change so the train can't go past a certain posted speed. The (3) used to run 1-2 R62As a few years ago and they went just as fast as the R62s.

The speed of a subway car when practically applied to our system is determined by the section of track, timers and all, the train runs on. I can say that R160s constantly hit 45 but the R46s struggle to hit 40 because I've been on R160s on the (E) in Queens and on the R46s on the (R) local, but again that's an unfair comparison because there's more than one variable you're comparing.

Make that a giant F since a D is a passing grade. Who cares I will do it myself.

f%20grade.gif

For your foaming and the constant talks about the NTT's and your horrendous ways of ruining the (F) trains and the (F) on the NYC Transit Forums we hearby present you with an F. Use it wisely FtrainFoamer.

Seems like you didn't finish reading my post:

BTW, can people quit bashing on Ftrainfan? Seriously I understand that his posts can get irritating for some but his lone post is not far off from anything else posted in this thread so far. I don't understand why 8 people need to bash one poster for making one post as if he wouldn't get the same message the 8th time.

I have never rode on a slow R62A, they move pretty fast on the (1) & (7)...however I have rode on a few horrid R62s on the (3) which was worse than a R32 on the (C). Motors were just dead.

the R62A's on the (7)<7> should go to the (6)<6> b/c the (6)<6> / (7)<7> have an additional express route all other lines (1)(2)(3)(4)(5) don't. it would be useful to have the LEDs on the (6)<6>.

The R62A (1) train using cars from the (7) is permanetly staying there, as I was told by a T/O. they may take the LEDs off, I heard.

I'm not sure what sense that would make since I think some of the (1)'s R62As are getting 'shopped'/SMS. If anything the (7) would probably need those singles back unless they need those single cars for the (S)?

Archived