Shortest Distance You Have Ever Ridden A Bus

checkmatechamp13

Another time I did was when I was in high school, I used to go to the library at Cadman Plz to see my (then) girlfriend so I took the (A) to High St and take the B25 like 2 stops up the hill to get to Cadman Plz. I was a lazy bastard back then lol

Years ago, with an unlimited card I rode 1 stop from Ring Rd Sears to Ring Rd Macy's. Either 44, 59 or 79.

I did that a couple of months ago. I was on an S44 that went out of service at the Macy's stop, and I saw the S79 behind it, so I took it to Yukon Avenue/Richmond Avenue. (I couldn't believe he went out of service, since he had to be going to the Yukon Depot which is right at the last stop). I intended to use the transfer to use the S59 to take me home, but I figured I had a Student MetroCard, so I might as well use it.

Another time (actually, twice), I took an S62 from Victory Blvd/Morani Street to Victory Blvd/Neptune Place, to get to the library. I just looked it up on Google Maps, and that was a 1/2 mile walk that it saved me, so I didn't come out too bad.

And another one-I use my transfer to take the S46/S96 5 stops from Walker Street/Morningstar Road to Nicholas Avenue/Charles Avenue to get to school in the morning, unless I see the bus pulling out of the stop.

From terminal A to terminal B at Newark international

I took the 107L route from South Orange Station to a bus stop around the corner just to get a taste of the nabis B):P:P

Years ago, with an unlimited card I rode 1 stop from Ring Rd Sears to Ring Rd Macy's. Either 44, 59 or 79.

lol @ these.... especially transitkid's

• 3 months later...

Sorry to bring up old topic, I sometimes rode any Main St bus between Roosevelt-39th and Roosevelt-Northern Blvd.

I even ride M4 short trip bet. 190th St (A) and Cloisters.

I even rode Bx19 between Broadway and Riverbank State Park.

I even rode Bx12SBS bet. Jerome Av & Valentine-GC.

I even rode from St. George Bus Terminal entrance into Bus Terminal (way long ago)

I've seen a couple more on the S46:

Maple Parkway/Walloon Street-Brabant Street/Lockman Avenue (2 stops)

Brabant Street/Lockman Avenue-Brabant Street/Grandview Avenue (1 stop)

Grandview Avenue/Brabant Street-Brabant Street/Union Avenue (2 stops)

Grandview Avenue/Brabant Street-DeRuyter Place/Van Pelt Avenue (4 stops)

The first one was a little girl (maybe around 7 years old) traveling by herself (I've seen her do it 2 or 3 times). The other 3 were teenagers who didn't want to walk.

I've also seen Forest Avenue/Willowbrook Road-Forest Avenue/Richmond Avenue on the S48 (2 stops), and Richmond Avenue/Vedder Avenue-Morningstar Road/Forest Avenue on the S44 (1 stop).

When I railfan, I usually stop by a pizza place on 42 Street/9 Avenue, near PABT.

I have several times taken the M42 one stop up the block (that block is kind of long).

Also when coming back from school, I used to take the Q72 bus one stop from 37 Avenue to Roosevelt Avenue. Since I no longer walk that way, I just take the Q72 straight from Northern blvd :cry:.

Also I have taken the Q38 from 94 St/59 Avenue to 57 Av/Jct Bl, one stop. thats when I walk through Queens Center mall and when exiting I see the Q38 up the block.

Sorry to bring up old topic, I sometimes rode any Main St bus between Roosevelt-39th and Roosevelt-Northern Blvd.

I even ride M4 short trip bet. 190th St (A) and Cloisters.

I even rode Bx19 between Broadway and Riverbank State Park.

I even rode Bx12SBS bet. Jerome Av & Valentine-GC.

I even rode from St. George Bus Terminal entrance into Bus Terminal (way long ago)

that's not that short...

I remember walking from the cloisters, to cabrini blvd... walking up/down corbin drive is no picnic....

When I railfan, I usually stop by a pizza place on 42 Street/9 Avenue, near PABT.

I know what you're talkin about... it's the one on the corner of 41st/9th; that same block where all those homeless people hang out...

I don't trust NONE of those dollar pizza stores...

If I have some ttk (time to kill), I usually go to that chinese store on 40th/9th (it's on 40th)....

But since I have an Unlimited Express Bus Plus Card, I use the hell out of it. If I miss the last X14 or X30 at 45th and 5th, I'll wait around a bit to see if an X12 comes. If it doesn't come, then I'll walk over to the local bus stop across the street and take it one stop to 42nd so that I can have more express bus options and also because it's less likely for me to miss an express bus this way since it'll take me a few minutes walking to 41st from 45th as opposed to catching the bus.

Also, if I'm really not in the mood for walking say on 14th street or it's hot or whatever, I will hop on the (M14) and ride it a stop or so to give my feet a rest or to cool off, since I do walk quite a bit in the city.

As far as the other question, 15 minutes is tolerable to the express bus, which is about half a mile roughly, but after that it's rather annnoying, esp. if that 15 minutes is going uphill on Staten Island.

I don't trust NONE of those dollar pizza stores...

lol... I don't blame you... Whole Foods is my go-to "fast food" place and if I can't get to any of those, I will think of other places that have respectable food that is preferably at least natural if organic isn't possible.

• 7 years later...

Archived