Finally, a Passing Grade for the (F) Train, All Thanks To (M)/(V) Combo

Sea Beach

Yeah I miss em' a bit too , but R160s are just as awesome! Sure you can't see that nice big orange (F) as the train pulls in but you can still see it inside the train on the F.I.N.D screen.

Besides , I'm just glad the (F)'s finally getting a good grade! But in my book it was always a A+:P R46 or not , the (F) train rules!

Bellevue.....

FtrainFoamer all you do is say stupid stuff and act stupid you never change. We know you from the way you post and talk on the forums. You are a stalker, creep, potential rapist, foamer, and stupid. I agree with Urbanfortitude if my daughter was existent and bumped into someone like you I did fly her to Canada or some other nation. You are one of the most creepiest people I have ever met. Not just that I have another poster for you.

stfu-soldier-300x290.jpg

There is a 100% chance that FtrainFoamer is going to order and buy an R160 from Kawasaki. He is going to label it his girlfriend and he is going to marry and perform intercourse with it.

LOL!!!! This has gotta be one of the funniest posts I've come across all day! :tup: :P

Is everyone done yet? Although this is fun to read on the bus after a long day at work :P

Getting back to the (M), just curious if there are any runs that start/end at 2nd Ave or Chambers St during the rush or is it all 71-Myrtle?

All day from 71 Av to Metropolitan, no short turns. Nights & weekends its from Myrtle Av to Metropoliant

You summed it up perfectly.

Though the (Mx) did operate temporarily once after the service cuts, and instead of heading to 6th Avenue, all (M)'s went to the Nassau Street line. I forgot the reason behind it, but I have an email from them that says why.

Something about a flood, I actually forgot as well...they had the (M)'s comming from Metropolitan go to Chambers and back and the ones from 71 Av went to 2 Av and back.

The reason why the (M) seems more used than the (V) is because it picks up people far away from the (F) line and brings it to Sixth Avenue whereas the (V) was a backup line to the (F) so basically the (V) while not always packed did give (F) riders an alternative as far south as Second Avenue and Just take into account why the (V) never got its own schedule; in a nutshell, the (F) and (V) were like the (J)/(Z), minus the skip-stop.

I agree with that last part. (F)/(V) - the skip/stop

Yeah I miss em' a bit too , but R160s are just as awesome! Sure you can't see that nice big orange (F) as the train pulls in but you can still see it inside the train on the F.I.N.D screen.

Besides , I'm just glad the (F)'s finally getting a good grade! But in my book it was always a A+:P R46 or not , the (F) train rules!

LOL

Another reason why the (F) improved with the new (M) is that at Bway-Lafayette, the most the (M) has to wait for is a lineup, and it is on its way, out of the (F)'s way. When the (V) was at Bway-Lafayette, sometimes it would have to wait for a pocket at 2 Av to clear up, delaying whatever was behind it.

Guest lance25
Though the (Mx) did operate temporarily once after the service cuts, and instead of heading to 6th Avenue, all (M)'s went to the Nassau Street line. I forgot the reason behind it, but I have an email from them that says why.

Something about a flood, I actually forgot as well...they had the (M)'s comming from Metropolitan go to Chambers and back and the ones from 71 Av went to 2 Av and back.

It was actually a track fire in the vicinity of Broadway-Lafayette St, ironically within the first week of the service cuts. (M) trains ran split service between Forest Hills and the LES & Mid. Village and lower Manhattan. (F) trains were diverted via Cranberry for most of the morning.

I really don't understand how the elimination of the (V) has anything to do with the (F)'s increase in reliability as the (F) still has the (M) crossing in front of it anyway before entering Broadway - Lafayette, same like the (V). The only difference is that passengers are stuck in a tunnel if the (M) train decides to cross in front of it; with the (V) passengers could scurry across the platform (if a train is on the northbound track) onto the (V) should they give it the lineup first. Yes the (F) is a higher priority line over the (M) as well as the (V) when it ran but it doesn't mean the (F) will always be put through first.

I'm still hoping Culver Express service makes a comeback to set certain things straight once and for all.

To say that all of the (F)'s problems have been solved thanks to the (M) is misleading. A small part of it can be attributed to the fewer delays the (M) causes the (F), but it's not necessarily the main reason the (F) performed better this year. Delays were the #1 reason, which covers a wide variety of causes.

The R46's had more seats than the R160's and I think the R160's are a bit dull and generic looking.

The R46's had more seats but also keep in mind that a train of R46s has two less cars than a train of R160s due to the different lengths. More cars = more seats which partially makes up for the offset number of seats. The rest of it is made up by additional standing space in cars with longitudinal seating, since the seating arrangement in the 75-foot cars takes up standing space. Also, the only reason the 75-footers have so many seats anyway is because they have 4 doors per car. If they had 5 doors per car (these doors would also line up with the doors on a train of 60-footers) there would be less room for seats so they would essentially have the same amount of seats as a 60-footer in that case.

Even if a '75 did go through the cut its not like they can't wrongrail it back to Broadway-Lafayette St.But the genius who pulled em off is full of it if you ask me b\c if I'm not mistaken weren't there G.O's when the (D) went to 2nd Avenue this summer and the (C).The personel weren't concerned its just a simple thing punch and get the lineup.And it shouldn't had been a problem if everyday T/O's on the (F) know what2 do.

Accidents happen, and when they do, you want to solve the problem in the least disruptive way possible. Besides, making the (F) one fleet also provides fleet uniformity.

Make sure you know me well enough before you start backlashing! Remember you can't judge a guy by the posts he makes! You have to get to know me a little better first buddy boy!

You realize that it is only through ANYONE's posts that we get to know them. There's no other way in which we communicate with others here.

Grow up, kid. You love anything that is NTT-related, so don't even say you "miss the R46" when in fact you actually don't. Most members here know you well enough based on your ignorant posts, and you know very well what I mean by that. Get a life and for once, think about something else that isn't NTT and you won't receive the backlash.

This is actually not true. IDK if you guys remember but before his R160 obsession he was beyond obsessed with the R46s on the (F) line and he even hated the fact that R160s were on the (F).

First off, you said: "and the R160s are just as awesome! That means you like R160s more than the awesome R46s.

Actually, when someone uses the phrase "just as ____ as", they are equating two different things. So that means he likes the R46s equally as much as he likes the R160s. Good try tho

Also, to everyone here, STOP THE BITCHING ABOUT FTRAINFAN ALREADY!!! I don't think any of you have noticed it yet but if you look back at this thread about 2 of the posts were made by Ftrainfan while another 25 were responses to these posts. Seriously he is not the worst poster on this board. There are cases here that are just as bad as he may be. Seriously, I'm not saying this guy doesn't deserve any shit, but if you see one, two, or so much as TEN hate comments toward this guy do you really think chiming in by tooting your own little horn is gonna change things a bit? Really guys? If you’re really losing sleep over him then just IGNORE HIM. It’s ridiculously irritating trying to read a legit thread where half of the posts are unnecessary flaming.

• 4 years later...

Archived