Airport 'pat-downs' cause growing passenger backlash

2 comments:

2- "Those who sacrifice their freedom for security deserve neither" - Ben Franklin.

That is the most American statement ever. The whole thing with the TSA is overboard. Whats next, there gonna search up your ass and sodomize you for "security's sake" Im still mad about that TSA poster with the guy taking a pic of a plane and the caption says "Don't let our planes get in the wrong hands."

Risks her life? She's not a cop, she is no more at risk at her job at the airport then the guy delivering food to the planes or the guy who cleans the terminal. TSA agents are security guards, nothing more.

Dude, you need to stop. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and you are insulting the very people who keep our skies safe.

You make yourself look like a fool with all of these ignorant off handed rude comments. I spend a lot of time at newark international, i talk to TSA and INS and customs agents all the time. I see what goes on, i know what they are up against. You do not.

Sure, most of the people in line to get screened just want to get where they are going, but some of them pull guns, huge knives, syringes on the TSA officers, drunken male passengers grab various parts of female officers all the time. People walk in no ticket nothing and pull a gun or do some other crazy thing.

I'm not even going to get into the plethora of items they have found in bags & then the PAPD or FBI was called & find the person, and don't get me started either about the bags that are pulled after the passenger exits the airport with no intent on boarding the flight their luggage was to go on.

Do your job, don't tell others how to do theirs.

- A

That area is full of self entitled boneheads.

I'm done arguing about this topic. If any of you knew what they have stopped from happening AT THE AIRPORT you'd ***t your pants.

- A

If any of us knew?

Dude, I could care less about w/e side arguments that are going on in this thread, and whatever you're inferring about what goes on at airports.. I don't fly, so it's of no immediate interest to me...

I just wanted to know what was up w/ that city/town/whatever, since you made a reference to it....

That's all, and that's it...

Dude, you need to stop. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and you are insulting the very people who keep our skies safe.

You make yourself look like a fool with all of these ignorant off handed rude comments. I spend a lot of time at newark international, i talk to TSA and INS and customs agents all the time. I see what goes on, i know what they are up against. You do not.

Sure, most of the people in line to get screened just want to get where they are going, but some of them pull guns, huge knives, syringes on the TSA officers, drunken male passengers grab various parts of female officers all the time. People walk in no ticket nothing and pull a gun or do some other crazy thing.

I'm not even going to get into the plethora of items they have found in bags & then the PAPD or FBI was called & find the person, and don't get me started either about the bags that are pulled after the passenger exits the airport with no intent on boarding the flight their luggage was to go on.

- A

You know I tend to agree with you a lot, and I'm not trying to diminish what your GF does, but my dad is a security guard in Harlem, and he's seen more crap than that! These are the same security guards (in theory) that have been "protecting our skies" for decades! They just aren't separate private companies anymore. But yeah, I know some of the things that go on. I just feel my father is in more danger in Harlem, than a TSA agent is. Just my opinion.

- A

1. What are you doing spending "Alot of time" at the airport?

2. Why do have to be involved with everything. Man I can't F'n stand people like you.

You know I tend to agree with you a lot, and I'm not trying to diminish what your GF does, but my dad is a security guard in Harlem, and he's seen more crap than that! These are the same security guards (in theory) that have been "protecting our skies" for decades! They just aren't separate private companies anymore. But yeah, I know some of the things that go on. I just feel my father is in more danger in Harlem, than a TSA agent is. Just my opinion.

Harlem is much more of a risk than Newark International airport. And your pops probably dosen't carry wich he should be doing for these knuckleheads out there.

I would rather die from an actual terrorist attack than live under this insane country's security procedures. First there was Real ID… There's a trade-off for security and freedom. If you want a government to exercise more scrutiny of its citizens, go to another country.

Funny how when bush was in office they say he ran the country like a dictatorship. Well looks like Obama is doing just that by letting an idiot like Napolitano stay in office of Homeland 'in'security.

You do realize that everything going on within the TSA now was proposed or set in motion by the Bush Administration right?? When they proposed full body scanning and aggressive pat downs, nobody said anything then.....

Set in motion doesn't mean they have to put it in motion. Napolitano stated she wouldn't go thru those options if given the choice. What kind of example is that if the HS chief won't subject herself to the same crap we have to go thru?

I agree with you 100% there. Can't argue that one!:P

Funny how when bush was in office they say he ran the country like a dictatorship. Well looks like Obama is doing just that by letting an idiot like Napolitano stay in office of Homeland 'in'security.

It doesn't matter who the president is or what he or she does. A bad president can do more harm than 10 good ones could ever reverse.

It's the nameless "rank and file" bureaucrats in Congress, and who are appointed, who allow this stuff to first occur, and then continue. Doesn't matter who the president is. In the words of Carlin, the political system in this country is "garbage in, garbage out"

The president is just a media figure. He doesnt really make many decisions on his own. The people who have the real power in the white house is Hillary and her crew.

ANd another thing.. Obamas WE NEED CHANGE slogan should have been OBAMA..Business As Usual!

BTW, on the same subject of security theater and its costs and benefits, here's some light reading:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101121/ts_afp/usattacksyemenqaedaclaim

"On the other hand this... will without a doubt cost America and other Western countries billions of dollars in new security measures. This is what we call leverage.

"From the start our objective was economic... It was determined that the success of the operation was to be based on two factors: The first is that the packages pass through the latest security equipment.

"The second, the spread of fear that would cause the West to invest billions of dollars in new security procedures.

"We will continue with similar operations and we do not mind at all in this stage if they are intercepted. It is such a good bargain for us to spread fear amongst the enemy and keep him on his toes in exchange of a few months of work and a few thousand bucks."

How about you back the hell off about my girlfriend, who risks her life to keep people like you able to fly at all.

Grow up and get a clue.

- A

As others have stated, she doesn't risk her life. On top of that, I don't fly, so not only has she done nothing for "people like me", she will never do anything for "people like me" (we'll assume for the sake of argument that she's capable of doing something).

Your second comment is pretty run of the course for you though. Those who don't agree with you are just dumb, immature and unintelligent. While we get it, the real question is: when will you?

(since I don't feel like double-posting, i'll take care of this here:)

"Do your job, don't tell others how to do theirs."

More of the same TSA-is-holier-than-thou attitude. You see, I don't know about what your perception of this is, but here in the United States of America, discourse is allowed among the people. As a government agency, the TSA should ultimately be answering to the people...the very people that they serve. The people have every right to tell them how to do their jobs.

If any of us knew?

Dude, I could care less about w/e side arguments that are going on in this thread, and whatever you're inferring about what goes on at airports.. I don't fly, so it's of no immediate interest to me...

I just wanted to know what was up w/ that city/town/whatever, since you made a reference to it....

That's all, and that's it...

Let's see bro. If for reason you had to fly to say London or LA for whatever the reason. The question is how you feel about TSA agents using body scans that sees your body naked? Or pat downs that is in your groin areas.

I am very uncomfortable about these security methods.

I honestly don't care about full body scans. But I draw the line at pat downs. I don't want some dude touching my junk to look for, pun definitely intended, "suspicious packages".

LOL I'm sorry. That was hilarious.

I honestly don't know which to lean toward more. The body scan is weird. The pat down is..uncomfortable...I think I'll just not fly for a while.

Archived