What kind of music do you enjoy?

Joel Up Front

After enjoying nothing but stuff from before 2005, I started getting into music from the 1990s and before. I like 1990s rap the most, especially from New York rappers, but I enjoy the occasional rock song from the 1980s and before.

Electronic, dance, techno, and house are all a huge 2nd...

1. Opera

2. Soundtrack music

3. Spanish music

4. People like Rod Steward, Bee Gees, Beatles, ABBA, and others from the '60s, '70s, '80s.

5. Modern bands like U2 and such.

6. Rock

I'm pretty sure there are others. I just can't remember.

I enjoy good music.

Mainly Hip-Hop, R&B, Pop, Rock (mostly Soft), Alternative, & Country (In no order).

B.o.B., Nicki Minaj, Kid Cudi, J. Cole, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Daughtry, Keyshia Cole, Usher, just to name a few off the top of my head.

In other words, is that what you call good music?

As for me, if it sounds good I'll listen to it.

I had a longer list but I cut it down to artists people actually know. And yes they do have "good music" as well as the pop-ish stuff (which is also good imo).

(Bolded) Me too.

I had a longer list but I cut it down to artists people actually know. And yes they do have "good music" as well as the pop-ish stuff (which is also good imo).

(Bolded) Me too.

Not exactly my question/opinion, just stating what I thought he might of ment. I do find "Teenage Dream" and "California Girls" pretty good. :tup:

far as heavy metal goes, I only fucc with anthrax & metallica... that's it...

Although a lot of the songs I hear are ill w/ the instrumentals...

For the life of me, I cannot take the unintelligble screaming (what sounds like they're throwing up, in a deep voice) of lyrics....

Iono, can someone please distinguish the difference b/w latin hip hop & reggaeton....

or, can someone post up a youtube clip of an example of a song of both genres?

I ask b/c sometimes I come across latin music that catches my ear that I like, but I don't know what it classifies as..... so I don't want to make an incorrect distinction....

Iono, can someone please distinguish the difference b/w latin hip hop & reggaeton....

or, can someone post up a youtube clip of an example of a song of both genres?

I ask b/c sometimes I come across latin music that catches my ear that I like, but I don't know what it classifies as..... so I don't want to make an incorrect distinction....

Reggaeton is pretty much a fusion of dancehall, hip hop, and reggae. The lines of distinction are kind of blured. Latin Hip Hop is nothing more than rap in Spanish. Pitbull, Sensato del Patio, Daddy Yankee (sometimes), Ivy Queen, and a few others make hip hop/rap songs. Lots of them are also Spanglish.

Here's an example. Listen to the style. Reggaeton sounds more Tropical

One of my favorite spanglish Hip Hop joints.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PVv79_5D-g

One of my favorite spanglish Reggaeton joints.

I like a lot of 80s and 90s music (pop, R&B, soft rock, rap), as well as a couple of top 40 hits from the last ten years. I also like Latin pop and tropical music. Can't stand country or heavy metal at all. I cringe every time I drive down Interstate 75 between Central and Southern Georgia and all I hear are like six country stations, in which case I play my Ipod instead of suffering through singers talking about their lawnmowers looking as fine as Megan Fox and drinking beer while surfing on the Chattahoochee River. :confused:

Archived