Many pols who vowed to fight for more transit funding instead OK cuts

Trainspotter

Many pols who vowed to fight for more transit funding instead OK cuts

Scores of state legislators who vowed to fight for more mass transit funds stabbed straphangers in the back by voting to cut the MTA budget, voting records show.

The state Assembly and Senate on Friday overwhelmingly approved slashing tax-generated funds anticipated by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority by $52.6 million, according to state budget office figures.

Voting for the reduction - which was recommended by Gov. Paterson - were dozens of legislators who during the fare-hike fight late last year signed a pledge to seek more money for the MTA's operating budget, voting records show. That includes Assemblyman Richard Brodsky (D-Westchester), who led a failed charge to at least postpone the fare hikes implemented last month.

Full story: nydailynews_logo.gif icon_offsite.png - April 9, 2008

This is why politicians are not liked by the general public. They vowed to get more funding, to keep fares from being raised. Customers should now be glad they did get raised, because service would have to be cut instead, with the slashing of the state funding. Forget about all the new routes, and extra service. A few might come in. Just a few.

Politicians are manipulative rat-bastards and bit#hes. They do noting but give themselves raises, and say they will do good, but do the opposite instead. Remember not matter who you vote for, if you vote, just vote for the one who will use lube while anally raping you. Both will do it. One will just lube up first.

Typical talking out of the sides of their mouth by politicians. They're off with their "do gooder" causes that are really only about their own image, and not about improving things for the general public. The problem is they don't know chit about transit. They want the MTA to improve yet are unwilling to pony up the resources necessary to do so. "It's moving trains and buses, how hard could it be?" That attitude is why chit continues to not get done.

I guess no service improvements on the Subways but the (MTA) won't make an offical announcement on that until June if the changes go in effect or not. In any case the work programs are set up for the new service changes and preparing to keep the current service running until Dec.

I guess no service improvements on the Subways but the (MTA) won't make an offical announcement on that until June if the changes go in effect or not. In any case the work programs are set up for the new service changes and preparing to keep the current service running until Dec.

At least here in the DOB, the lines have more running time, and the Bx41 and M100 got extra runs added. I don't know if they will still activate all the new service they wanted to here, but they did and hopefully will continue to expand the service/lines already running.

They added jobs on the (:D(L)(M)(N)(W)(R) Lines which we are now picking but they may cancel our pick locking us into a 1 Year pick. If it happens I want to see the Unions reaction. We are also doing a special pick for Holidays using the old work programs for the extended pick.

Also pick gets extended it could slow down the new T/O and C/R classes since they won't have the added jobs they were planning.

They added jobs on the (:D(L)(M)(N)(W)(R) Lines which we are now picking but they may cancel our pick locking us into a 1 Year pick. If it happens I want to see the Unions reaction. We are also doing a special pick for Holidays using the old work programs for the extended pick.

Also pick gets extended it could slow down the new T/O and C/R classes since they won't have the added jobs they were planning.

I don't like how that sounds, myself wanting one of these positions. I'll be happy if there's a test in the next two years that I can take to become a CR... that's still probable, right? Transit cuts hurt everyone (pun intended).

They will still call from the Current T/O and C/R list and they will still have thier future exams since its not a service cut if they don't increase the service it will stay as is. Also its still a good time because we still have a turnover with those retiring. However if they don't do the service increase they could slow down the classes since they where hiring with the planned increase service. So now they should have a surplus of train crews. However no offical decision has been made we all find out the last minute.

They will still call from the Current T/O and C/R list and they will still have thier future exams since its not a service cut if they don't increase the service it will stay as is. Also its still a good time because we still have a turnover with those retiring. However if they don't do the service increase they could slow down the classes since they where hiring with the planned increase service. So now they should have a surplus of train crews. However no offical decision has been made we all find out the last minute.

They really don't know at employment when the next T/O class will be. The general area they know of is June or July, but that is not official, just their guess. At least I should be at the top of the list (had to get reinstated as they past my list #), and this time if a UA (aka AWOL) has to be done, so be it. I won't miss out this time, unless something serious keeps me from getting there.

Archived