Some Crazy Trip today

KTrainExp

Alright. The day ended as I was taking the bus back home. I go back home from my program by taking the M11 Bus. It was one of those Orion VII Hybrid Buses (Green LCD screens) with bus number 8606 (or I think that was the bus number). As I was riding back home at around 106 street (near the DELTA school program going downtown) some taxi cut us out and the driver's immediate reaction was to put the break pedal full blast and beep his horn out a few times. I was dead scared and you get one of those feelings to open the bus window and shout as many curses as you can in all the languages you speak (which is precisely what I did). The bus remained back in regular service, but that was TERRIFYING because that taxi could have gotten everybody on the bus killed.

The reason why I am threading this is because I am opening the fact that taxis aren't such great drivers. ESPECIALLY on (MTA) buses. They stop in bus lanes, disturb traffic ect. What are your opinions on Taxis and Buses? If this should go in Off-Topic, please remove it and put it there in an orderly manner.

Dude if the crapbrid bus hit the taxi nobody would have died. It would just have been minor injeries nothing to major. And dont know why you was dead scared because people get cut off in traffic all the time in nyc. Btw how long have you been living in new york? As for if cabbies driving bad those yellow ones dont come down my way. but the ones that use lincon town cars sometimes can drive kinda crazy. Same goes for those dollar vans that go down flatbush and utica ave they can drive like they have no sence LOL.

Dude if the crapbrid bus hit the taxi nobody would have died. It would just have been minor injeries nothing to major. And dont know why you was dead scared because people get cut off in traffic all the time in nyc. Btw how long have you been living in new york? As for if cabbies driving bad those yellow ones dont come down my way. but the ones that use lincon town cars sometimes can drive kinda crazy. Same goes for those dollar vans that go down flatbush and utica ave they can drive like they have no sence LOL.

I've been living in New York all the time, but you don't understand how he cut us off. Look I'll give you a diagram to look at:

Amsterdam Ave:

P=Parked Cars

A=Active Cars

B=My Bus

T=Taxi

PA P

P A BP

P

PA T P

P A P

P P

That taxi started right there rushed foward and then moved a few lanes to switch to the street crossover. How ****in stupid is that guy. He saw my bus. I also thought he was some sort of suicide bomber, but whatever.

Dammit the pictures came out distorted...I'll draw one out in paint later.

We deal with that crap everyday. They don't have any respect for buses, and the size of the vehicle. I have ranted about those "roaches" numerous times on this board. One did that to me in my SUV on the B'way bridge on my way home. Soon as I got the chance, I cut him back off, and slammed on my brakes. He came next to me, and we just started at each other. We both got on the Deegan and the Mosholu N/B. He didn't try anything stupid then. As a matter of fact, I slowed up on the Mosholu in the left lane. He was coming on the right. He slowed down about two car lengths behind me. He got to scared to pass me. Possibly though I was going to cut him off one more time.

In the bus it's one thing. When I am off the job, letting them "roaches" do that ain't flying. That is one reason why the buses straddle lanes. To have a safe way out.

No respect for busses? How about ambulances & fire/emergency vehicles and even police cars, i've seen many a taxi dart across an intersection maybe 20 feet in front of a speeding fire truck. Stupidity. I never use a taxi unless my metrocard isn't working and lines at station office are long.

- Andy

No respect for busses? How about ambulances & fire/emergency vehicles and even police cars, i've seen many a taxi dart across an intersection maybe 20 feet in front of a speeding fire truck. Stupidity. I never use a taxi unless my metrocard isn't working and lines at station office are long.

- Andy

That is DMV and TLCs fault. They don't really monitor them, and make sure they abide by the NYS DMV rules of the road. Lack of signaling, excessive speed, jumping red lights, driving in oncoming lanes to unnecessarily go around others, cause they can't wait, are some of the common things they do. Then when they do get get a ticket, they are busy yelling at the cop who is writing it.

As one fellow B/O told me, they do that stuff, because they think they are doing nothing wrong......

As I came from DCAS after having my name restored to the T/O list, I took the 3 train up. Train got packed at 59st (I was in first car), so a 1 came in and I got on that. Car was nearly empty, until 96st. The crazy part was some old lady (aka fart) who sat next to me, kept releasing her rotten tuna and egg smelling gas. Now I how the Kuwaiti people felt, when Saddam gassed them.

That is DMV and TLCs fault. They don't really monitor them, and make sure they abide by the NYS DMV rules of the road. Lack of signaling, excessive speed, jumping red lights, driving in oncoming lanes to unnecessarily go around others, cause they can't wait, are some of the common things they do. Then when they do get get a ticket, they are busy yelling at the cop who is writing it.

As one fellow B/O told me, they do that stuff, because they think they are doing nothing wrong......

Yea, i stopped using taxis because some of them do drive pretty unsafe. Whenever i do take a cab which is once in a blue moon, i tell the driver "i'd like a safe trip to ____ and a fat tip if you don't cut anyone off", which is usually greeted by a cheerful reply.

- Andy

We don't need congestion pricing, we need more cabs off the roads.

Less options then, bus or subway. And the buses (hopefully) would run better as there would be less taxis in the way.

I agree, they choke the roads, and often have one passenger.

- Andy

Archived