Re-scheduling your Training

straker211

Hey Guys I have a question for you, If your scheduled to start training and you cannot start training that day can you re-schedule your training for a later time or for a future date ? and if so will the mta give up your spot ?

Yes they will give up your spot, and you will lose seniority. They will ask you if you can start on whatever date. I do believe you can request to be put in the following class though.

If you can not start a class by the sate that they give you, then they take your name OFF of the list. To get your name put back ON the list, you have to physically go to 1 center street and put your name back on. Once they put your name back on, then the whole medical and drug test process starts all over again.

• 3 years later...

Hey guys I have some questions for you, I'm scheduled to start training may 9, 2011 I applied for this bus operator position 4 years ago with the hiring freeze I decided to get my CDL with passenger endorsement, I'm curious to know with me having my CDL I understand I have to still do training but will I have to still do a road test, how hard is training and when will I qualify for the position ???????????????Please help

Hey guys I have some questions for you, I'm scheduled to start training may 9, 2011 I applied for this bus operator position 4 years ago with the hiring freeze I decided to get my CDL with passenger endorsement, I'm curious to know with me having my CDL I understand I have to still do training but will I have to still do a road test, how hard is training and when will I qualify for the position ???????????????Please help

What list are you from? 5025 or one from Mabstoa?

Your first post on this thread was on 4/09/08....

the link below will explain to you what is involved during the training.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10443

If you already have your CDL then you only have to pass

the MTA's road test and not the DMV road test. Good luck!

My list # is 921 and my exam number is 2801 from OA, I'm assuming that the MTA road test is with the instructor that they assign you to in the Begining, should I be worried about the MTA road test

Yes that is correct, it will be the same instructor(Superintendent) up until

day 10 where there will be 2 instructors, most people who take it that far

don't pass. The earliest training day that you can pass is on day 7.

Most things that we worry about never come to pass, just stay calm and

relaxed when you are behind the wheel. You can do this.

If you can not start a class by the sate that they give you, then they take your name OFF of the list. To get your name put back ON the list, you have to physically go to 1 center street and put your name back on. Once they put your name back on, then the whole medical and drug test process starts all over again.

Not really, you can change the date of the class, but you will lose seniority, and for years to come you will bite your nails when the run you want will be picked by some one who was suppose to be under you, but because you have changed the class got 2 people above you :)

You will not be taken off the list ( unless you want to move your class couple of month into the future B) )

Archived