Nostalgia Holiday Train WILL be running..

RTOMan

There's nothing inherently wrong with going OOS at 47-50; the only thing is that if it takes longer than expected, it could wreak havoc on the 6th Ave locals as well as the Culver.

I see where you're getting at. The holiday train did (and still does) attract more people whereas for the Rockettes special that ran last year only a few people came.

i'll be there just look for me with my R38's for life shirt lol ,I'll most likely be talking to A Red;)Head O its True:tup:

Last year was A blast ,I only got 1 pic but that was good enough for me and yes it was of 1571 21 ??which one guys was it??

Hope to see my peeps there and yo everybody Behave :tup:KR see ya'll Queens side

Going to make another purchase this year? lol

I'll be there. Last year was my first time and I'll love to do it again and meet more people.

I'll be there. Last year was my first time and I'll love to do it again and meet more people.

Man oh man, I wish I was able to stay on the train longer than just doing one round trip, that's what happens when you picked classes on a Sunday!

There's nothing inherently wrong with going OOS at 47-50; the only thing is that if it takes longer than expected, it could wreak havoc on the 6th Ave locals as well as the Culver.

I take it you never rode the Lo-Vs for the Yankees, that train get emptied out fast. There will be alot of people on the Arnines to make sure people get off right away.

I take it you never rode the Lo-Vs for the Yankees, that train get emptied out fast. There will be alot of people on the Arnines to make sure people get off right away.

I was on the Lo-V Yankee trip...the whole thing too. While covered in foam (much to the dismay of one motorman...), it wasn't as bad as the Arnine trips.

sure

haha, I still remember when u bought the R38 numberplate :cool:

I'll be there :cool:

Not really interested in riding the train. But I will with some select peeps.

Looks like we are linking up once again this year. Should be fun.:tup::cool:

*Sigh* I can never get enough of good ol KR comedy....

O It's True ...It's Damn True ....lol Thanx D711

That was funny .

If you're taking a sabbatical from your bathtub or shower, please be kind enough to spray yourself with Febreze or wear a car Air Freshener (or a lit incense stick) around your neck. Your fellow railfans and customers will appreciate it. That is all.

Some guy in front of me smelled like dog.

I've always said that would be an interesting railien trip someday. [insert Train yard here].

Smelly Railens: "Oooh I want to go!"

Fine, put them on a flat car and run them through the train wash!

One can hope...

I see where you're getting at. The holiday train did (and still does) attract more people whereas for the Rockettes special that ran last year only a few people came.

That's because the Rockettes special was much less publicized and only announced shortly before, so fewer people knew about it. The holiday train is a much more publicized event.

And yes, as others have mentioned they will get that train fumigated quickly when the time comes.

Take a photo of the train at a local station like 14th or 23rd Street and you should be fine.

As for foamers I could care less about them. I just hope no one does anything stupid on the train like some moron (who will remain nameless) did last year on the last day of the Arnines....

what did they do?

For those of you who want a 'sneak peak' of what Sunday will bring, then this is for you:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/12/17/nostalgia.train/index.html#cnnSTCVideo

Enjoy and Happy Holidays! I plan on being there this Sunday, the 5th and the 26th (not the 12 & 19 because of a blood donation and preparing for final exams).

Archived