Mercades-Benz Citaro G Arrived In NYC

Cait Sith

I saw in some other forums that the Citaro G has made its way into the NYC streets. There were pics posted for proof (as seen on buschat and transitstuff) Any idea what depot its in at the moment and what line might get it first as a test unit? (If it undergoes testing on a route)

Are these actual diamler bodies/engines or is it re-branded mitsu-fuso?

- Andy

It's an actual European Citaro G Demonstrator that was brought over by Daimler Buses North America. From what I have been told the VIN indicates it was built in Germany and has German labels all throughout the interior of the bus.

I wonder how long it will stay there?

Wonder if it will swing by KB depot. I would like to see it, and get a few pics of it myself.

Ha!!!! Good luck with that one!

Man... u see everything... how did u see it.....

Lol!!! it was going up 3rd av yesterday. Here's some pics courtesy of Cleanairbus

Citaro_demo2.jpg

Citaro_demo3.jpg

yea i saw on sSubchat to be honest the thing just looks ugly

but then again that adds to the variety of our buses which is a good thing ...

574317_1017492_381_600_Orion_Main_Page_Graphic.gif

wall3_1024.d3d3Lm1lcmNlZGVzLWJlbnouY28udWs~-VGhlIENpdGFybyBHLiBCaWcgZmlndXJlIGluIHJlZ3VsYXIgc2VydmljZQ~~-object-Single-WALLP.jpg

They are sister buses

Luxury Coach version:

titelbild_s417.jpg

They are all under Daimler buses, and that Citaro G would be modified for the American market. It would get the same bumper as it's American sister bus Orion VII NG, and possibly a double winshield.

I think this bus is beautiful, and would last just like the Hybrids already running the streets of NYC. All MTA has to do, is better maintenance with the shocks and air bellows. Bad shocks and air air bellows are what causes the buses to sound like they are falling apart (which they are).

hey.. if they are running it out of 100st i may get lucky and see it if they run it on the 101

According to an (MTA) press release, this artic is in service. It's being tested either on the M101, M102, or M103. I will definitely be on the lookout for it today and tomorrow, and board it as soon as I see it!

Two are in service now. 0050, and 0051. 0051 is in service today on the M101, and M102. They will be heading to the BX next.

Two are in service now. 0050, and 0051. 0051 is in service today on the M101, and M102. They will be heading to the BX next.

OMG, they have 2 in service? I've seen the two numbers while trolling that other board. All I can say is this. MTA tested the Van-Hool AG300. Never in customer service. They tested the LFS artic (confirmed by others). Never in customer service. Now they have 2 (unless they renumbered 0050), and are doing it in customer service. The bus is under Daimler Buses, which is the parent company of Orion Bus industries. This Citaro G is being presented from orion on behalf of Mercedes. I highly think this bus will be the next artic. Why? Just two words. Orion bus. We know the relationship between orion and the MTA. Upstate workers with jobs = votes. I hope for the Bx it comes to Kingsbridge. I want it to run on Webster Ave. That will be the ultimate shock test. That road is horrendous south of Tremont, to 167st.

Again, that bus is hot. They better keep the 3 door configuration to, if they order this bus. If it comes to KB, I will be snapping pics of it. Inside and out.

Unfortunately, I never saw either of the Citaro Gs on the 3 routes between 2:45pm-5:18pm while standing at 23rd & 3rd. My feet were killing me and I eventually gave up for today. I hope they will show up tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I never saw either of the Citaro Gs on the 3 routes between 2:45pm-5:18pm while standing at 23rd & 3rd. My feet were killing me and I eventually gave up for today. I hope they will show up tomorrow.

Actually some are saying it was just renumbered. Their is only one. For some reason they changed the number.

What sucks for me is I would love to for MTA to get these, so I could drive one, before making the switch to RTO. But I don't want to wait that long, as it would be a while (possibly 1 year), before these things would even start rolling in here. I want to be out of here in the next couple of months.

Again, that bus is hot. They better keep the 3 door configuration to, if they order this bus. If it comes to KB, I will be snapping pics of it. Inside and out.
Could make it easy for the backdoor hoppers... Maybe they should make the doors open only by passenger on the inside (pushing a button) and when the passengers stop holding the door, it closes and locks until another passenger presses the button at a stop. Might make it slightly tougher for backdoor hoppers. (Either that or Driver Operated middle+rear doors).

Well it looks like the Citaro may be coming to NYC if everything goes right. But I agree with DOB, they most likely will change the design. I think they may change the front and rear to make it look like a Orion VII NG as well as other cosmetic aspects, it seems like an interesting idea. Either way, this bus better have 3 doors.

Could make it easy for the backdoor hoppers... Maybe they should make the doors open only by passenger on the inside (pushing a button) and when the passengers stop holding the door, it closes and locks until another passenger presses the button at a stop. Might make it slightly tougher for backdoor hoppers. (Either that or Driver Operated middle+rear doors).

Alot of drivers say the same thing. My response to them as to everyone else is, our job is for timely and efficient service. No worrying about back door hoppers. Two doors slow down a 60ft bus too much. When they put those things on the M100 you won't be on time. I had one last week. It don't work. If the TA was smart, these buses would come with cameras already installed. Bee-Line has them on their Neoplan artics, and their 600-700series Orion Vs.

Archived