Mercades-Benz Citaro G Arrived In NYC

Cait Sith

Alot of drivers say the same thing. My response to them as to everyone else is, our job is for timely and efficient service. No worrying about back door hoppers. Two doors slow down a 60ft bus too much. When they put those things on the M100 you won't be on time. I had one last week. It don't work. If the TA was smart, these buses would come with cameras already installed. Bee-Line has them on their Neoplan artics, and their 600-700series Orion Vs.
For the most part I agree, but many cases have people waiting for the bus to stop to finally get ready to leave, slowing everyone down, wonder if they should go through the back/front door. A middle door might cut some time down from doing this a little, but any other time, yes it will slow it down usually.

Hmm maybe Orion V CNG like doors? They're easy for anyone to push open since they're very light, and they open and close quicker than NYCT Buses (pushing the yellow tape will make it stay open for a shorter time than an average NYCT Bus). Also I like how the front doors on the Orion V CNG usually open while it's still slowing down, I jumped in a moving bus because of this a few times. :(

To me it seems to be a lot smaller in the sense of width and height but that might just be me:o:confused::(
Yeah it's you. :P

Notice on the second picture East New York posted, theres a D60HF right next to it, basically the same height as the Citaro. The width is just about the same too. ;) I guess the bigger windows make it appear to have less height.

EDIT: You're right about the width still.

Also I like how the front doors on the Orion V CNG usually open while it's still slowing down, I jumped in a moving bus because of this a few times. :(

We try that here, you will get a loud continuous beep, then the door opens after you stop.

If I weren't so lazy, I would go to 100st depot to actually see if there are/were two of them. Instead I called my buddy who is a B/O out of there and I'll find out if he knows anything about two of them. Only if both could be caught together. Only if I weren't so lazy to go find out myself, since I got access. I would take interior shots too.

But then again, I don't like any of you that much to do such a thing for you....:(:P:P:p:p

That is really different looks! :eek: It is neat to see that the Europeans are putting more style into their bus design. I would love to see this in person and ride one. The driver sits low to the ground which looks neat.

Is this suppose to be a LFS, any interior shots?

What engine and tranny is it running on?

That is really different looks! :eek: It is neat to see that the Europeans are putting more style into their bus design. I would love to see this in person and ride one. The driver sits low to the ground which looks neat.

I believe this is a LF. I haven't seen any interior shots or know anything about the engine/tranny combo. But for some reason something tells me that Orion will change the design of the bus itself by replacing the front and rear to resemble the Orion VII NG.

If I weren't so lazy, I would go to 100st depot to actually see if there are/were two of them. Instead I called my buddy who is a B/O out of there and I'll find out if he knows anything about two of them. Only if both could be caught together. Only if I weren't so lazy to go find out myself, since I got access. I would take interior shots too.

But then again, I don't like any of you that much to do such a thing for you....:P:P:p:p:p

Well aint that a BLIP!!!

Yes it is a LF(Low-Floor). Remember that LFS is a model/brand name by NovaBus. The engine tran combo is a Mercedes Benz (Euro IV compliant) OM 457 hLA, BlueTec 4. And yes if need be, Daimler Commercial Buses North America (formerly known as Orion Bus Industries) will be obtaining a licence to modify and manufacture the Citaro in the US.

LFS is NovaBus, not Mercedes. The engine would be some kind of Mercedes diesel engine, the tranny would be Ru-Paul.

anybody knows what time that bus leaves?

It's running out of 100st, so most likely you will just have to try and catch it on 3rd and Lexington Avs. I just got off the phone with my guy at Orion, and he said that the bus will be in the city for a month. If MTA decides they like the buses and want to order some, the will not be getting any of these before 2010/2011. With that said, Orion is definitely getting into the artic market, but the bus will be different from the one we see now. Just as DOB2RTO stated, the front and rear of the bus will be designed slightly different, will most likely have a different engine/trans combo, and will most likely be hybrid, and not standard diesel like the current demo bus. It will retain 3 doors though. As of right now MTA does like the bus, but it really doesn't matter at this point because it will not be available untill late 2010 at the absolute earliest.

Archived