Civil, Commercial, and Military Aviation Trivia

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. An airline that had established interstate routes by the time of the route liberalization which was permitted by the Airline Deregulation Act of 1978 and was thus directly affected by that act.

2. Delta, American, United, Continental, US, Alaska, Hawaiiin.

3. Southwest.

On another side note: As of October 1, 2010, Continental ceased operations as an independant airline. It is now a sudsidiary of United Airlines. On that same day, parent company UAL Corp. changed it's name to United Continental Holdings, Inc.:P

• 2 weeks later...

The largest airline in the US is united continental inc. The largest airline by fleet would be delta but they are retiring a large number of 717's and selling off some other fleet, in comparison united continental is about to take delivery in a few months of the 787 and is only retiring the very oldest most cycled aircraft.

Lufthansa is the 2nd biggest after united continental in the world based on fleet size.

- A

United Continental Holdings? since I forgot about the merger

That is correct! You are up!

The largest airline in the US is united continental inc. The largest airline by fleet would be delta but they are retiring a large number of 717's and selling off some other fleet, in comparison united continental is about to take delivery in a few months of the 787 and is only retiring the very oldest most cycled aircraft.

Lufthansa is the 2nd biggest after united continental in the world based on fleet size.

- A

You mean their cousin the MD-90. The 717 was the MD-95. And in terms of branding, united is number one. But Lufthansa operates BMI, Austrian, and Swiss Int'l airlines under their old branding. So technically LH is number one.

Delta is not selling off the MD-90s, they have actually been buying up second hand models lately. They are VERY happy with that aircraft.

Well I don't know what he's talking about then... Maybe the Northwest MD-80's? I like the 90's as well though. They remind me of their 717 sisters. I still haven had a chance to get on one yet. Maybe for my first trip on Southwest somewhere?

Yeah they got rid of the DC-9-30/40 fleet. The DC-9-50 fleet will still be around for a couple more years. The second hand MD-90s were to partially replace the older 9s and the CRJ-200s.

Now back to our regularly scheduled game!

Ok come 2011 beside Porter Airlines, what other 2 other carriers in 2011 will be serving Toronto's Billy Bishop Airport (Toronto City Centre/Island Airport)

The answer is Air Canada and United Continental Holdings, Air Canada will provide service with its partner Sky Regional ---the newly created regional airline that will be operating on behalf of Air Canada out of YTZ and United Continental Holdings will be providing service as Continental Connection operated by Colgan Air

The answer is Air Canada and United Continental Holdings, Air Canada will provide service with its partner Sky Regional ---the newly created regional airline that will be operating on behalf of Air Canada out of YTZ and United Continental Holdings will be providing service as Continental Connection operated by Colgan Air

Thanks for that post! I didn't know that. If you have another one, go ahead!