Civil, Commercial, and Military Aviation Trivia

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a feeling its a 767... Too lazy to go search on a.net.

Think smaller.

This other jet was Boeing's most succesful aircraft until the 737 showed up on the scene.

IIRC,just about every major US airline operated this aircraft.

Think smaller.

This other jet was Boeing's most succesful aircraft until the 737 showed up on the scene.

IIRC,just about every major US airline operated this aircraft.

7-11, the MD series was McDonnell Douglas, with the exception of the 717 (which Southwest will soon operate now that they've swallowed up AirTran).

7-11, the MD series was McDonnell Douglas, with the exception of the 717 (which Southwest will soon operate now that they've swallowed up AirTran).

Ahh, this is what happens when you don't do your homework. I had that thought in mind but I figured that it would have been the MDs since Boeing owns them now.

Ahh, this is what happens when you don't do your homework. I had that thought in mind but I figured that it would have been the MDs since Boeing owns them now.

On a side note, SWA did operate DC-9's and MD-80's for a very brief moment when they took over some airline back in the day. I can't remember the name.

I'll pass.

I'll take you up on that then. Three part question:

Define the term "legacy carrier";

Name all legacy carriers in existence; and

Name one airline frequently mistaken for a legacy carrier.

You have to get all three right, and if you get even one part out of the three wrong I'm not telling you which one it is... this is easy if you know your stuff.

1. An airline that had established interstate routes by the time of the route liberalization which was permitted by the Airline Deregulation Act of 1978 and was thus directly affected by that act.

2. Delta, American, United, Continental, US, Alaska, Hawaiiin.

3. Southwest.

1. An airline that had established interstate routes by the time of the route liberalization which was permitted by the Airline Deregulation Act of 1978 and was thus directly affected by that act.

2. Delta, American, United, Continental, US, Alaska, Hawaiiin.

3. Southwest.

You got it.