X80/X81 question

NewFlyer 230

I could be wrong but I think the X80/81 are the Rikers Island Shuttle Buses that charge 'express bus fares.'

They usually run only during the summer/early fall for concerts and other special events at Rikers Stadium. Not sure what depot though.

You mean Randall's Island right. Rikers Island is the prison.

I know that X80/X81 lines exist but where do they run and what bus depots are they assigned to. How often do they run because I only saw them 1 time and I saw a pic of the X81 in one of the other post.

I've seen those buses once in my lifetime. :D

I could be wrong but I think the X80/81 are the Rikers Island Shuttle Buses that charge 'express bus fares.'

Who would want to pay express bus fares when the M35 is right there at 125th Street? (or take M60 to M35 if coming from Queens)

They should really be eliminated and extra M35 trips be added.

Who would want to pay express bus fares when the M35 is right there at 125th Street? (or take M60 to M35 if coming from Queens)

I agree w/ the overall point... I don't think either one should exist...

But that's not the reason the x80 exists; to provide express service to the island, much like the other express buses in the system, exist (if that's what you're trying to say)... both of those buses are for special events they have out there on randall's island...

I only been on each route once just for the experience, me being a busfanner & all... but I'll never take them again...

and yeah Yuki... you got some loons on that M35...

(1) The M35's stadium stop is suspended when the X80 operates.

(2) The purpose of making it an express route is to collect the fare going toward the event and quickly load-and-leave afterward.

The girl in the far left of Yuki's 1st pic is what's up :tup:

Anyway:

By the way, the X80 accepts transfers from local/express buses and subways, correct?

too far back for me to remember...

I wouldn't imagine it was any different from the normal fare collection/xfer acceptance scenario, though....

all I remember is taking the (5) to 125th to catch that thing....

worse, it was an RTS, and that thing was crushloaded.

Archived