Eastchester scrap bus photos.

INDman

Lmao! What else do you do with all that space? May as well make used of it all.

It's not the scrap buses that would get him, it's the mounds of parts all over the yard, the oil slicks everywhere, phone lines being strung up (he had things like that put in underground conduits), and general disorganization. He ran a tight operation back in the day, though he makes more money off the property now (he still owns the land) then he did running NYBS.

It's not the scrap buses that would get him, it's the mounds of parts all over the yard, the oil slicks everywhere, phone lines being strung up (he had things like that put in underground conduits), and general disorganization. He ran a tight operation back in the day, though he makes more money off the property now (he still owns the land) then he did running NYBS.

I guess that is what I was talking about. Besides, befoe taking over that lot, what did they do with the junked buses? They had other places to take those ready for last rites.

Yeah, Arrogoni was a tough sonovagun but those of us that worked for him appreciated how clean the place always was.

How it is being taken care of (actually NOT beingtaken care of) is disgraceful.

I guess that is what I was talking about. Besides, befoe taking over that lot, what did they do with the junked buses? They had other places to take those ready for last rites.

Yeah, Arrogoni was a tough sonovagun but those of us that worked for him appreciated how clean the place always was.

How it is being taken care of (actually NOT beingtaken care of) is disgraceful.

Buses were stored at various lots, such as Arch Street (now used for midday storage), Carlton (when the Pechter's bread factory moved to New Jersey), and a lot in Hunts Point on Tiffany Street in the Bronx.

Long Island Bus scrap buses were towed to a scrap lot in Amityville before being sold to a scrapper, instead of being towed to the Bronx.

But many times, scrap buses were towed away directly from the garages. Now, there is one centralized place where all useful parts are removed (many times, scrap buses when being towed away have nothing useful left on them).

As for that 7672, it had a severe fire in the engine compartment and burned down...and could not be fixed. Currently, it's one of only three (possibly four) O7s from 2002-2005 that never saw the paint shop (the other two are 6490 and 7596, not sure about 7718).

• 2 months later...
Nice collection of photos of a little bit of New York being scrapped away...

The NYBS Fishbowl looks great, glad they decided to keep at least one of those in good shape.

I can't imagine ALL of those RTSes are scrapped, no? 8987 etc. look like they're reserve buses, as I don't think they've had their springs cut out yet.

what springs? all transit buses use airbags

i keep wanting to go over to Eastchester and just look around. i hesitate thinking that being an MTA Bus facility, they won't take kindly to me (NYCTA employee) just wondering around for no real reason other than sheer curiosity =(

Archived