It is official Q64 Baisley Park Depot

Q101viaSteinway

Had my second trip today on a BP hybrid. It was a 37hundred something--forgot rest of number.

My impressions of these lowfloor buses from a passenger perspective so far is not great. The feeling sitting down so low is slightly claustrophobic. And I find that the cantilevered supports for the seats impact too much on legroom, if you're sitting in window seat. I noticed that the first seats on upper (rear) level force you to keep your feet in due to recessed aisle (which is probably a good thing), though not too comfortable for those with long legs.

I didn't get a chance to ask driver's opinion. I did notice that there seems to be a closet of some kind behind driver above wheelwell. That would be a nice amenity for the driver....

So far, I think as a passenger, I find the older CP Orions more comfortable to ride in general, but I'll reserve final opinion until I've given the new buses a longer trial, and sit and stand in various locations....

Had my second trip today on a BP hybrid. It was a 37hundred something--forgot rest of number.

My impressions of these lowfloor buses from a passenger perspective so far is not great. The feeling sitting down so low is slightly claustrophobic. And I find that the cantilevered supports for the seats impact too much on legroom, if you're sitting in window seat. I noticed that the first seats on upper (rear) level force you to keep your feet in due to recessed aisle (which is probably a good thing), though not too comfortable for those with long legs.

I didn't get a chance to ask driver's opinion. I did notice that there seems to be a closet of some kind behind driver above wheelwell. That would be a nice amenity for the driver....

So far, I think as a passenger, I find the older CP Orions more comfortable to ride in general, but I'll reserve final opinion until I've given the new buses a longer trial, and sit and stand in various locations....

BP also Have High Floor Orion V's, I wonder why they don't run them on the 64?, But Im glad that something different is on the Q64.

BP also Have High Floor Orion V's, I wonder why they don't run them on the 64?, But Im glad that something different is on the Q64.

Different, Indeed!

Today we rode home on number 162, very different from the CP Orions. Besides being oil-fueled, the windows were very different, as was the seating.

In addition, the rear door was driver-operated. With no lift. Haven't seen that since the last old-look GMC's were retired decades ago.

The BP driver argued with a passenger about stopping to let her off eastbound on Jewel at the GCP service road stop. It was only after several of the other passengers intervened and told her it was a bus stop. Apparently, the sign had been knocked down some time ago, and was never replaced. She told the passenger that she would stop and let her off this time as a "courtesy", but would not do it again if there was no bus stop sign.

I have been riding the route since the mid 1950's, and it has always been a stop. Used to get a lot more usage, when Parkway Hospital was still open.

I hope that the matter gets straightened out, either by line supervisors or getting the sign restored.

Different, Indeed!

Today we rode home on number 162, very different from the CP Orions. Besides being oil-fueled, the windows were very different, as was the seating.

In addition, the rear door was driver-operated. With no lift. Haven't seen that since the last old-look GMC's were retired decades ago.

The BP driver argued with a passenger about stopping to let her off eastbound on Jewel at the GCP service road stop. It was only after several of the other passengers intervened and told her it was a bus stop. Apparently, the sign had been knocked down some time ago, and was never replaced. She told the passenger that she would stop and let her off this time as a "courtesy", but would not do it again if there was no bus stop sign.

I have been riding the route since the mid 1950's, and it has always been a stop. Used to get a lot more usage, when Parkway Hospital was still open.

I hope that the matter gets straightened out, either by line supervisors or getting the sign restored.

The wheelchair lift is in the Front, I saw that same bus coming from the Q64 last night.

Today, we had #164. Same model as yesterday. I will say, it had a good A/C!

Were these models originally from Jamaica Buses fleet?

I kind of like the window arrangement. They do not slide horizontally, so have a nice view, with no division. They do have upper windows that tilt in sort of like the ones on the subway, or more like the old Eagle buses from years ago.

Today, we had #164. Same model as yesterday. I will say, it had a good A/C!

Were these models originally from Jamaica Buses fleet?

I kind of like the window arrangement. They do not slide horizontally, so have a nice view, with no division. They do have upper windows that tilt in sort of like the ones on the subway, or more like the old Eagle buses from years ago.

101-184 are ex-Bee Line equipment.

Get used to that garbage i mean buses....you're gona love it even more when that line at Continental goes all the way back past the bank lol

Im hearing that LGA is getting the Q-38 back.

WTF NOOOO!!!

Archived