The Best And Worst Subway Transfers

EE Broadway Local

I'll take a shot at this... because the (F) train stops at Lexington Avenue/63rd Street instead of the 53rd Street connector?

In my opinion, the (F) via 63rd was the best thing the MTA has ever done as well as the transfer between 63rd and 59th. I wish they made more put of system transfers like that! :(:P:P

Guest lance25
I wish they made more put of system transfers like that! :(:P:P

A few that come to mind:

-Broadway (G)/Hewes St (J)(M),

-Junius St (3)/Livonia Av (L)

-Fulton St (G)/Lafayette Av ©/Atlantic Av-Pacific St complex

• 3 weeks later...

Best:

Queensboro Plaza N, Q and 7. The only cross platform BMT-IRT transfer in the system. I suppose you can lump all cross platform transfers of different lines here as well.

Stillwell Av: Nice, modern terminal and you have a choice of 4 lines taking you to different parts of Brooklyn before hitting Manhattan.

West 4 St: A very convenient and clean transfer for the IND.

Worst:

4 Av/9 St: The marathon stairs going up to the F is one thing but a elevator and improved lighting will come a long way.

Times Square/Port Authority: Going to the 8 Av line is really a pain in the ass, especially from the Broadway line. I read a few responses about transferring from the 7 to the other lines besides 8 Av and using this transfer many times, they aren't so bad if you take the right staircase.

Fulton St/Broadway-Nassau: Anyone who transfers from the 2 and 3 to/from the 4 and 5 or the J/Z to/from the 4 and 5 deserve to end up taking the long way. Also, being forced to use the A and C platform for any transfer stinks.

Why would you say Lxington Avenue-51st Street is a bad transfer? :confused:

How about Lexington Avenue-59th Street?

Between the excessive crowding on the (E)(M) platform, and the hell trying to get to the downtown (6), i think it's self explanatory. Lucky for me, I'm always heading toward the uptown (6) when I'm transferring there.

Broadway Junction transfering between the (A)(C) & the (J)(Z)(L), sometimes the escalators going up stops working, sometimes one or both doesn't work. Another thing is that sometimes, I usually miss the trains, whether I'm going up or down the stairs, or escalators.

Archived