Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
xRatedR4Renex

Which line do you think is the longest?

The longest line in the nyc subway is the far rockaway (A) line....

True, but I believe he was referring to the Longest 'IRT' route; hence, this thread was started in the IRT forum:rolleyes:

Yeah, I believe the (2) is the longest running route; Some 28+ miles from Wakefield to Flatbush.

no it doesnt really matter.

sorry that i didnt mention that earlier.

but i mean in the whole nyc transit system or IRT line u refer to.

but i just want opinions, like i mention earlier doesnt matter weather its the whole nyc transit system or IRT lines.

Yeah I was about to post the (A) also until I just saw the thread breakdown. But for the IRT I would agree with everyone else and say the (2). But the (A) is the longest subway line in NY (from Far Rock to 207th).

If you're trying to get to a mets game quickly the (7) seems to drag on forever even though it's relatively short. Also the (D) from coney island seems long too, but not really in distance.

- Andy

no it doesnt really matter.

sorry that i didnt mention that earlier.

but i mean in the whole nyc transit system or IRT line u refer to.

but i just want opinions, like i mention earlier doesnt matter weather its the whole nyc transit system or IRT lines.

Then its the (A) for sure.

The (A) is most certainly the longest line in the system... trust me, I rode it all the way to Far Rock. and back pressing a camcorder against the front of an R38... my hand was messed up for weeks, but it was worth it.

why does everyone agree with the (A)?...lol.

well if thats so, how long does it run?

Its about 32 miles from 207th Street to Far Rockaway.

The (A) is most certainly the longest line in the system... trust me, I rode it all the way to Far Rock. and back pressing a camcorder against the front of an R38... my hand was messed up for weeks, but it was worth it.

Was a really a camcorder pressed up against the front of the R38, or is that what you call your little comrade?

Was a really a camcorder pressed up against the front of the R38, or is that what you call your little comrade?

I'm fairly certain it was my camcorder B)

The (A) has the longest track length, and the (2) has the longest trip length.

That's right. For time, it's the (2); for distance, it's the (A).

Even though the (A) is longer, it takes less time to complete its route because a large portion of it runs express in Manhattan, and there's a long distance between the stops out in Queens like Broad Channel and Howard Beach. The (2) easily gets held up when running local in the Bronx and Brooklyn.