Tribute to RMS Titanic; 98 Years Later (2010)

Brighton Local

No offense but i think we should wait 3 more years until 2012 to celebrate the infamous 100th anniversity of the Tiantic.

We're not celebrating the 100th anniversary right now. I just brought it up, about what people think is going to happen.

Exactly 97 years ago right now, Titanic was sitting dead in the water, having hit the iceberg about 7 minutes earlier.

The Carpathia, taking it easy after having over stressed its boilers and engines racing to the rescue, took 4 days to get back to NY with the survivors and lifeboats. That means no one knew exactly what happened till sunday afternoon.

- A

The Carpathia, taking it easy after having over stressed its boilers and engines racing to the rescue, took 4 days to get back to NY with the survivors and lifeboats. That means no one knew exactly what happened till sunday afternoon.

- A

Really? I thought they had wireless morse radios. Isn't that how they communicated with the Carpathia?

Really? I thought they had wireless morse radios. Isn't that how they communicated with the Carpathia?

They had morse code. Morse code radio transmissions can't compare with in person interviews which were then printed in newspapers.

- A

• 11 months later...

Its ironic because everyday during lunch, I get "the fun fact of the day" sent to me as a text message (I like fun facts). Just today my fun fact was....

"Did you know, that when the Titanic sunk, out of the survivers, 2 were dogs"

I found that pretty interesting.

Its ironic because everyday during lunch, I get "the fun fact of the day" sent to me as a text message (I like fun facts). Just today my fun fact was....

"Did you know, that when the Titanic sunk, out of the survivers, 2 were dogs"

I found that pretty interesting.

Did you now that the only victim of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge (the one you see in old videos, swinging) accident was a dog?

Yeah, its hard to watch the ending of the 1997 version of Titanic. Cameron goes into explicit detail on the passengers freezing to death. It brings a tear or more to one's eyes - (Even the dudes).

Really Adam? Nice man, Yeah Titanic was and still is a tremendous hobby of mine.

Yeah, I admit it was very sad seeing the deaths in the film. It was a very good movie.

-Rumor has it, Titanic never went out for a Test run before she set sail.

There are all kinds of rumours, supposition and so on with regard to the Titanic. There is also a conspiracy theory that the vessel which sunk was actually the Olympic. The theory goes that the Olympic had been damaged beyond repair in a colision with a navy ship. It was 'bodged' and quietly renamed the Titanic, which was under construction at the time. What was formerly the Olympic and now the Titanic was dispatched to America. The intention, according to those who have come up with this conspiracy, was to sink it somewhere along the way and pick up the insurance money. Things went pear-shaped and it sunk without the stationed 'rescue boats' (!) being able to reach the passengers.

It's all here:

http://www.titanic-titanic.com/titanic_conspiracy_theory.shtml

I watched a programme about this once. As with most conspiracy theories they present some evidence which is hard to argue with, but it still sounds a really far-fetched plot to me.

The captain of the Titanic came from a town near me, and thanks to the brewery in the ship's name I commemorate the sinking quite regularly:

bottlepic2.gif

There are all kinds of rumours, supposition and so on with regard to the Titanic. There is also a conspiracy theory that the vessel which sunk was actually the Olympic. The theory goes that the Olympic had been damaged beyond repair in a colision with a navy ship. It was 'bodged' and quietly renamed the Titanic, which was under construction at the time. What was formerly the Olympic and now the Titanic was dispatched to America. The intention, according to those who have come up with this conspiracy, was to sink it somewhere along the way and pick up the insurance money. Things went pear-shaped and it sunk without the stationed 'rescue boats' (!) being able to reach the passengers.

It's all here:

http://www.titanic-titanic.com/titanic_conspiracy_theory.shtml

I watched a programme about this once. As with most conspiracy theories they present some evidence which is hard to argue with, but it still sounds a really far-fetched plot to me.

The captain of the Titanic came from a town near me, and thanks to the brewery in the ship's name I commemorate the sinking quite regularly:

bottlepic2.gif

That's interesting...but too much of a far-fetched idea.

I've been interested in the Titanic since the second grade:

Length:882.5ft

Decks:8

Lifeboats:20 (16 regular, 4 collapsables)

Passengers:2,200

Builder: Harland & Wolff Belfast,Ireland

Captain: Edward John Smith

Among many other things. I even proved the Titanic Historical Society wrong when I was 8.

I've been interested in the Titanic since the second grade:

Length:882.5ft

Decks:8

Lifeboats:20 (16 regular, 4 collapsables)

Passengers:2,200

Builder: Harland & Wolff Belfast,Ireland

Captain: Edward John Smith

Among many other things. I even proved the Titanic Historical Society wrong when I was 8.

:eek::eek::eek:How?

Archived