Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
LBoperator

Attending School while @ transit

I have two more semesters of school left b4 I graduate i was wondering if attending school @ night, maybe between 6 and 9, would interfere with the hours for bus operator...Thank you!

When you get out of training, your schedule is different everyday. SO it would interfere. Eventually, you will get a schedule where you can work your schoold schedule around your bus schedule.

Distance learning courses would work if those kinds of classes work for you personally. I know a guy who became a continental airlines pilot while getting a degree in aerospace engineering, he now works for boeing...

- Andy

I know this is an old post but.....Seniority prevails. If rookie then you will be left with crumbs. Meaning you will get only nights, and for a really long time also working weekends. I too was in school when i started mta but had to quit school because all i could get were late evening hours. School was from 6-9 and weekends all day. I would transfer to day school if i were you or see your union rep and ask for change of assignments for those days you are in school, if school is 2 days a week this might be doable. Remember as a rookie union might not look to favorably on you for asking this so soon on the job, but remind them it is just for 2 semesters....