Two questions: One about metrocard and the other about the 6 train

Tinamarie

First question

Is the unlimited card really going up to $104? If so, currently I have an unlimited metrocard and it expires on Dec 19th. Can I still buy an $89 metrocard on that date? When is the fare going up?

Second question

I heard yesterday on the news that the 6 train will be going uptown from Bleecker St/Bway Lafayette. When is this happening? My dad would love to know. :D

Thanks.

Guest lance25

@Melvin: I think she meant the transfer currently under construction.

The fare changes at the end of the year, but you can buy an unlimited card at the current price and fall under the grace period if it is activated before January 10.

Concerning the Bleecker St/Broadway-Lafayette St, the transfer to northbound (6) trains will not be completed until next fall.

First question

Is the unlimited card really going up to $104? If so, currently I have an unlimited metrocard and it expires on Dec 19th. Can I still buy an $89 metrocard on that date? When is the fare going up?

Unlimited Metrocards can be purchased at the $89 amount, and activated by January 10th. They will not work if activated after January 10th. If you activate your $89 card on December 20, it will be good until January 19, 2011.

However, if you buy a second $89 card when you go to activate it on January 20, 2011 after the other one expires, you won't have any luck.

Second question

I heard yesterday on the news that the 6 train will be going uptown from Bleecker St/Bway Lafayette. When is this happening? My dad would love to know. ;)

Thanks.

The 6 train already goes uptown at Bleecker St. What I think you're referring to is the transfer passageway that allows someone to access the IND station at Broadway Lafayette from the uptown platform of the 6 at Bleecker Street. That will be possible in the future, but the best answer for now as to when is "when they finish construction"

@Melvin: I think she meant the transfer currently under construction.

The fare changes at the end of the year, but you can buy an unlimited card at the current price and fall under the grace period if it is activated before January 10.

Concerning the Bleecker St/Broadway-Lafayette St, the transfer to northbound (6) trains will not be completed until next fall.

So I correct in assuming 30 day $89 Metrocards will not be sold after Dec 31 2010 although there is a 10 day grace period to activate cards bought by year end?

So I correct in assuming 30 day $89 Metrocards will not be sold after Dec 31 2010 although there is a 10 day grace period to activate cards bought by year end?

December 29th, is the last day to buy the card, You won't be able to purchase a $89 card on December 30th or the 31st, you have up to January 10th to activate your card, if you can't activate it theres always the option to apply for a refund,

Archived