The Multi Levels Of HO Scale

Those are nice! :tup: Nice details on the shell. I would get some but I wouldn't be able to paint them. I going to post two of my newest locomotives later on. Maybe Gerry from Piscataway could paint them up.

I can paint them myself. It's a easy job and I'm not expensive.

I'm thinking my childhood hobby's gonna make a comeback now that I'm retired. One quick question for everybody. Does anyone remember a hobby shop south of 23rd St on the West Side ? I can't remember the name or location exactly. Must be the steel dust clogging the cranium. While I'm at it where else in mid or lower Manhattan can I window shop for ideas. Catalogs are a help too. Thanks.

I'm thinking my childhood hobby's gonna make a comeback now that I'm retired. One quick question for everybody. Does anyone remember a hobby shop south of 23rd St on the West Side ? I can't remember the name or location exactly. Must be the steel dust clogging the cranium. While I'm at it where else in mid or lower Manhattan can I window shop for ideas. Catalogs are a help too. Thanks.

If this is the same guy you're talking about I think he's long been closed. The last time I spoke with the gentlemen in 1995/96 he told me he basically had almost nothing left and was just about to shut down for good. He was in the West 23rd Street area but I don't remember exactly where. I used to work on W25th at the time and I was looking for hobby shops in the area.

• 2 weeks later...
ooh hmm. Very good looking.Im going to get one of these and pain it up AMT style when i've got the time

Make sure to shave off the trap doors on the end doors because AMT only used the end doors for low level platform stations.

Looking sharp, nice paint work there. :tup:

Thank you!

Nice job! One day soon I plan on investing in some models myself.

Thank You!

I know who ur talking about. He tried to make another store on 45th Street but that lost to the Red Caboose also on 45th btwn 5th and 6th. That store carries alot of NY Area trains (R17 Kit, R29 Kit, M1 Kits) but the guy is very expensive. Trainworld on McDonald and Ditmas in Brooklyn carries more commerical stuff but their prices are about 20%-65% lower then the Red Caboose.

I get my stuff online from Island Modelworks which is ran by Joe. Very nice guy his kit are reasonably priced, and almost every kit comes with it's own decal for an extra five bucks. And then I also have Mike at Imperial Hobby Production, big maker of Commuter Rail equipment in the NY,NJ,PA,CT area. Also reasonably priced, the kits come half assembled. (Just requires, paint, engine, and working headlights.)

• 2 months later...

Archived