The May 11th ongoing track work thread.

metsfan

Will this affect you?  

1. 1. Will this affect you?

So, the time is upon is. They will start working on track 1 starting august 3rd 2008.

http://www.njtransit.com/sa/sa_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=CustomerNoticeTo&NoticeId=2091

I really, really, really hope that this does not screw me over as far as when i get a ride to the train the morning. I really don't feel like waiting an hour every week for 3-4 months.

- Andy

So, the time is upon is. They will start working on track 1 starting august 3rd 2008.

http://www.njtransit.com/sa/sa_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=CustomerNoticeTo&NoticeId=2091

I really, really, really hope that this does not screw me over as far as when i get a ride to the train the morning. I really don't feel like waiting an hour every week for 3-4 months.

- Andy

Man, you know thats going to be a mess come August 4th. August 3rd shouldn't be much of a problem since thats sunday, but come monday, expect not to be on time or I'll be surprised.

Man, you know thats going to be a mess come August 4th. August 3rd shouldn't be much of a problem since thats sunday, but come monday, expect not to be on time or I'll be surprised.

I might just ride that wild ride to get some photos and get used to it. My suspicions turned out to be correct about track 4 nearing completion. One of the BIG clues, was the fact that the ballast is in place in 90% of the replaced section, including under the bridges at princeton and hamilton.

I really am curious as to when they will complete this, because trenton has so many cracked ties along NEC track 1 and 4 (not station track 1 and 4) its not even funny. If anyone could figure out when they will be replacing ties AT trenton, please tell me, i'd love to get some photos!!!

- Andy

Archived