'Spider-Man' Bway. show trapped in web of investigators after latest accident leaves stuntman hurt

Shortline Bus

'Spider-Man' show trapped in web of investigators after latest accident leaves stuntman hurt

By Joe Dziemianowicz and Corky Siemaszko

NY DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Tuesday, December 21st 2010

"The star-crossed "Spider-Man" show will go on Wednesday - despite an accident that sent their top stuntman to the hospital.

The producers of the seemingly cursed Broadway spectacle agreed on Tuesday to "additional safety protocols" a day after a cable holding actor Christopher Tierney snapped and sent him plunging 30 feet from a platform into a pit below the stage.

The Wednesday matinee performance was postponed but the evening show will "proceed as scheduled," said Rick Miramontez, spokesman for "Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark."

The decision was reached after a lunchtime meeting of the producer, investigators for the state Labor Department and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration and a union rep from the Actors' Equity Association.

Tierney, a 30-year-old New York-based actor and dancer who hails from Portsmouth, N.H., was in serious condition with cracked ribs and other injuries at Bellevue Hospital.

Meanwhile, state labor investigators were spotted at the Foxwoods Theater on W. 42nd St., where the accident happened about seven minutes before the close of the Tuesday night show."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/2010/12/21/2010-12-21_spiderman_show_trapped_in_web_of_investigators_after_latest_accident_leaves_stun.html#ixzz18mM2TN8O

With all the media attention it's gotten fresh pond, if and when it opens i am sure it be the most sought tickets on Broadway.:eek:

Natalie Mendoza quit the show:

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/12/28/2010-12-28_spiderman_star_natalie_mendoza_quits_illfated_musical_days_after_christopher_tie.html

Ironically, I think she's hot. If she was a redhead she could be Mary Jane.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

With all the media attention it's gotten fresh pond, if and when it opens i am sure it be the most sought tickets on Broadway.:eek:

Yes it will. I bet you people will forget about all that stuff that happened

Archived