NovaBus LFS Rumor

m106crosstown

There is a NovaBus LFS bus being tested at Flatbush. It was on the B41. Is MTA thinking about getting these buses as well? This bus is ugly!

I havent seen the NOVA LFS but I heard it was down somewhere in brooklyn. I Hope not cause those buses are..............>_>. I been on the NYU Nova LFS cause my cousin goes to NYU and those buses are just like the Orion VI interior wise, just wider.

There is a NovaBus LFS bus being tested at Flatbush. It was on the B41. Is MTA thinking about getting these buses as well? This bus is ugly!

Have you seen this bus personally? Because Brooklyn is my neck of the woods, and I have not seen one on any FB lines.

If only there was a LFS CNG...

What powertrain does this bus have?

The LFS diesel has a Cummins ISL 250 HP: standard, and Cummins ISL 280 HP: available. The trans is an option of either Allison or Ecomat.

The Hybrid has the Cummins ISL 280 HP with the Allison EP 40 system.

The Artic has the Cummins ISL 330 HP with either trans combo, but it does not come in a hybrid, and this is something they will need if MTA is to order any IMO.

Sorry, no CNG's

Ahh I see, soon CNG won't exist anymore... All of our buses will end up sounding like airplanes or trains, all about the environment instead of the enjoyment, it's both a good and bad thing. I would rather drive a Orion V over any Hybrid any day. I want a bus that sounds like a bus, acts like a bus, and performs like a bus. I want gears, high floor interiors, and a smile on my face when I'm riding this bus. An electric brick on wheels won't cut it for me.

Ahh I see, soon CNG won't exist anymore... All of our buses will end up sounding like airplanes or trains, all about the environment instead of the enjoyment, it's both a good and bad thing. I would rather drive a Orion V over any Hybrid any day. I want a bus that sounds like a bus, acts like a bus, and performs like a bus. I want gears, high floor interiors, and a smile on my face when I'm riding this bus. An electric brick on wheels won't cut it for me.

LOL... You can still keep hope alive for the CNG. MTA will most likely order the Orion VII CNG to replace Gleason and West Farms buses. As far as your precious Orion V, her legacy will end in 2010. There there now..... It will be okay.....:) You should order your very own O5 CNG model. It might take some of the pain away pobrecito.....:(

Why do they even have high floors anyways?

- Andy

LOL... You can still keep hope alive for the CNG. MTA will most likely order the Orion VII CNG to replace Gleason and West Farms buses. As far as your precious Orion V, her legacy will end in 2010. There there now..... It will be okay.....:) You should order your very own O5 CNG model. It might take some of the pain away pobrecito.....:(

thats good, O7 CNGs will still be around :(

on another note : Long live the Orion V CNG !!!!

Why do they even have high floors anyways?

- Andy

Because once upon a time bus manufacters didn't consider old people, so there was no need or thought of a low floor. They also did not think about ADA acessability. Other than that, from someone who has driven both, I love High floors because they handle the road much better, ride smoother, carry more people, and handle bad road conditions better. (Except for the D60HF. Horrible on heavy snow and ice.) And low floors are just.............. good for not having steps I guess. Oh and they are lighter, so it makes them more fuel efficient.

LOL... You can still keep hope alive for the CNG. MTA will most likely order the Orion VII CNG to replace Gleason and West Farms buses. As far as your precious Orion V, her legacy will end in 2010. There there now..... It will be okay..... You should order your very own O5 CNG model. It might take some of the pain away pobrecito.....
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! It can't replace the V at all, all it has is looks and sounds. As for speed, transmissions, and reliability, it REALLY sucks.

Orion V CNG is probably the fastest bus in MTA in terms of MPH (or VII HEV since theres only wind resistance keeping the speed down, no gears), I love the sounds, speed, acceleration, seating arrangement, looks, it's like the Ferrari of buses IMO!

Because once upon a time bus manufacters didn't consider old people, so there was no need or thought of a low floor. They also did not think about ADA acessability. Other than that, from someone who has driven both, I love High floors because they handle the road much better, ride smoother, carry more people, and handle bad road conditions better. (Except for the D60HF. Horrible on heavy snow and ice.) And low floors are just.............. good for not having steps I guess. Oh and they are lighter, so it makes them more fuel efficient.
Also people actually move more to the rear with a High Floor bus. Most people are too lazy to walk 2 damn steps! :)

pobrecito
I may be Dominican, but I don't know a lick of spanish...

At least they are not shoving these onto everyone:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Niskopodni_1.jpg

I've seen bus versions of these in mini at the local model railroad clubhouse.

- Andy

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! It can't replace the V at all, all it has is looks and sounds. As for speed, transmissions, and reliability, it REALLY sucks.

Orion V CNG is probably the fastest bus in MTA in terms of MPH (or VII HEV since theres only wind resistance keeping the speed down, no gears), I love the sounds, speed, acceleration, seating arrangement, looks, it's like the Ferrari of buses IMO!Also people actually move more to the rear with a High Floor bus. Most people are too lazy to walk 2 damn steps! :(

I may be Dominican, but I don't know a lick of spanish...

Ay dios mio domminicano!!! :) I guess you missed the Orion V Discontinuation thread. As far as that bus goes, along with the RTS and Classic, those are my favorite sounding buses. Good old discontinued Detroit Diesel, with the Allison. I Also like the Ecomats on some of the Nova RTS's

I like the L10 on the RTS cng.
The closest we are currently to that bus is the L10G on the Orion V CNG from LIB with a ZF HP592. I miss those buses too. MTA retired them way too quickly. :mad:

The closest we are currently to that bus is the L10G on the Orion V CNG from LIB with a ZF HP592. I miss those buses too. MTA retired them way too quickly. :mad:

during the summer times thoses buses will be hot as hell and you could smell gas inside the bus that smell didn't brother me.sometime the Orion V cng smell like gas inside the bus.

during the summer times thoses buses will be hot as hell and you could smell gas inside the bus that smell didn't brother me.sometime the Orion V cng smell like gas inside the bus.

Look Copper ran those. Tri-Boro, and Command. How good of shape do you expected them to be. I still think MTA prematurely retired those though. MTA could have refurbished those. I think MTA just didn't want anymore CNG buses, that's why they trashed those. I mean older RTSs are still roaming. They could have went to WF, or Jackie Gleason for local use.

They had a nasty lean too, with that heavy top tank. RTS's lean as is. That lean is always sweeeet. Doubt it would roll over though. They did use them on express routes.

Archived