NovaBus LFS Rumor

m106crosstown

Look Copper ran those. Tri-Boro, and Command. How good of shape do you expected them to be. I still think MTA prematurely retired those though. MTA could have refurbished those. I think MTA just didn't want anymore CNG buses, that's why they trashed those. I mean older RTSs are still roaming. They could have went to WF, or Jackie Gleason for local use.

They had a nasty lean too, with that heavy top tank. RTS's lean as is. That lean is always sweeeet. Doubt it would roll over though. They did use them on express routes.

I remeber rideing them on the BM2...I found out which time the RTS cng run,and I all raise ride them at 8:12 from 105 and j....thoses buses were fun to ride....one thing I noice about the RTS cng was the Command one lean more then the triboro kind.

during the summer times thoses buses will be hot as hell and you could smell gas inside the bus that smell didn't brother me.sometime the Orion V cng smell like gas inside the bus.
Odd, the only time I smelled the engine was when the window was open at the back and it braked hard from 70MPH+.
Look Copper ran those. Tri-Boro, and Command. How good of shape do you expected them to be. I still think MTA prematurely retired those though. MTA could have refurbished those. I think MTA just didn't want anymore CNG buses, that's why they trashed those. I mean older RTSs are still roaming. They could have went to WF, or Jackie Gleason for local use.
That's odd, IMO retiring buses that quick is unnecessary.

Archived