Most Subway routes/Railroads lines suspended during Dec 27

mark1447

As of 11:20am 12/28/2010

For the Seventh Avenue Line

Due to inclement weather (1), (2), and (3) train service is running with delays in both directions at this time.

For the Lexington Avenue Line

Due to inclement weather (4), (5), and (6) train service is running with delays in both directions at this time.

For the Flushing Line

Due to inclement weather, (7) train service is running local in both directions from the 42nd Street-Times Square Station to the Main Street-Flushing Station.

For the Eighth Avenue Line

Due to inclement weather (A), (C), and (E) train service is running with residual delays at this time.

For the Sixth Avenue Line

Due to a (D) train with mechanical problems at the Bay 50th Street Station, there is no (D) trains between the Bay Parkway Station and the Coney island-Stillwell Avenue Station in both directions.

In addition, due to inclement weather (D), (F), and (M) train service is running with delays in both directions.

Also, due to inclement weather, (B) train service is still suspended in both directions from the Bedford Park Boulevard Station and the Brighton Beach Station.

For the Crosstown Line

Due to inclement weather, (G) train service has resumed with residual delays.

For the Nassau Street Line

Due to inclement weather, please expect delays in (J) train service in both directions at this time.

For the Canarsie Line

Due to inclement weather, (L) train service is suspended in both directions between the Myrtle-Wyckoff Avenues Station and the Canarsie-Rockaway Parkway Station.

For the Broadway Line

Due to inclement weather:

There is no (Q) train service between the Astoria-Ditmars Boulevard Station and the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station in both directions.

There is no (N) train service between the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station and the Whitehall Street Station in both directions.

For the (H), and the (S)

Due to inclement weather, there is no Franklin (S) in both directions between the Franklin Avenue Station and the Prospect Park Station.

Also, due to inclement weather, there is no service on the (H) between the Euclid Avenue Station and the Rockaway Park-Beach 116th Street Station.

For the SIR

Due to inclement weather, Staten Island Railway service is running with delays at this time.

Almost all LIRR service are still suspended except for the Babylon, Port Jefferson, Port Washington, and Ronkonkoma Branches where trains are running every 90 minutes or so.

All MNRR services are running with delays due to inclement weather.

All buses are running with delays due to inclement weather including the Long Island, Upstate, and NJ buses.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Basically the (Q) is gone all together, and the (N) is using the same route as the (W) used to use from Astoria-Ditmars Boulevard to Whitehall Street all local. That would mean two services are operating on Broadway it would be the (N), and the (R).

Kinda reminds me of the 1990's and 2000, when the (N) and (R) were the only services along Broadway.

I sure hope the (MTA) is running some (N) trains today as express services so it could take the load off the (R). With no (Q) train, among others it's going to be a second day of hell to get to work, and to travel.

I really doubt there will be express service consider they are storing trains inside instead of being outdoors.

I sure hope the (MTA) is running some (N) trains today as express services so it could take the load off the (R). With no (Q) train, among others it's going to be a second day of hell to get to work, and to travel.

Running both lines local means a shorter waiting time for the masses of people at every station.

I just heard on my scanner radio that they are resuming the (L) shuttle from Canarsie-Broadway Junction.And they hope to get the whole line back later.It sounds like there is a lite train testing the part from Myrtle-BJ.

Edit:They are telling a train from Jefferson to go all the way to the Junction.Not sure though what that means.

I just heard on my scanner radio that they are resuming the (L) shuttle from Canarsie-Broadway Junction.And they hope to get the whole line back later.It sounds like there is a lite train testing the part from Myrtle-BJ.

Edit:They are telling a train from Jefferson to go all the way to the Junction.Not sure though what that means.

Posted: 12/28/2010 1:59PM

MTA Service Notice

Due to ongoing snow related conditions, (L) train service is running in both directions between the 8th Avenue Station and the Broadway Junction Station.

There is an (L) shuttle train between the Broadway Junction Station and the Canarsie-Rockaway Parkway Station.

Please expect delays on the trains at this time.

As of 2PM

Every line is running with delays with these lines as exceptions

For the Flushing Line

Due to ongoing snow related conditions, (7) train service is running local in both directions from the 42nd Street-Times Square Station to the Main Street-Flushing Station.

For the Sixth Avenue Line

Due to a (D) train with mechanical problems at the Bay 50th Street Station, there is no (D) trains between the Bay Parkway Station and the Coney island-Stillwell Avenue Station in both directions.

Due to ongoing snow related conditions, (B) train service is still suspended in both directions from the Bedford Park Boulevard Station and the Brighton Beach Station.

For the Canarsie Line

Due to ongoing snow related conditions, (L) train service is running in both directions between the 8th Avenue Station and the Broadway Junction Station.

There is an (L) shuttle train between the Broadway Junction Station and the Canarsie-Rockaway Parkway Station.

For the Broadway Line

Due to ongoing snow related conditions:

There is no (Q) train service between the Astoria-Ditmars Boulevard Station and the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station in both directions.

There is no (N) train service between the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station and the Whitehall Street Station in both directions.

For the (H), and the (S)

Due to ongoing snow related conditions, there is no Franklin (S) in both directions between the Franklin Avenue Station and the Prospect Park Station.

Also, due to ongoing snow related conditions, there is no service on (H) between the Euclid Avenue Station and the Rockaway Park-Beach 116th Street Station.

All LIRR, and MNRR trains are operating with delays of up to 90 minutes except for Far Rockaway, Hempstead, Long Beach, and Montauk which are suspended.

All buses are either suspended, delayed, or had their routing changed due to snow related conditions including Long Island, NJ, and Upstate buses.

PATH trains are either delayed for 15 minutes, or suspended.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

That's interesting an (L) shuttle train. I guess it's to test the tracks to see if the (L) train could run on it by tonight. Most likely by tomorrow the Canarsie Line would be up and running again, but with delays.

They're single tracking it. They did it during a few G.Os

The open cut segments are absolutely buried in snow so I don't really expect much, if any service today. By the way, you can forget about N express service running at this time and people should be able to deal with a extra 2 minute ride on Broadway.

And with the question with the 2 trains colliding with each other, ABC-7 reported that a minor collision between 2 (A) trains between Howard Beach-Aqueduct. No injuries were reported and the 2 trains had minor scratches. That's all they mentioned so far. More information when it comes in.

Good to know, thanks for the update.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

The open cut segments are absolutely buried in snow so I don't really expect much, if any service today. By the way, you can forget about N express service running at this time and people should be able to deal with a extra 2 minute ride on Broadway.

You can forget about all express service at this time. Snowbirds own the express tracks right now

You can forget about all express service at this time. Snowbirds own the express tracks right now

Thats not true.I live on Eastern pkwy line.And (4),s were indeed going express.

Thats not true.I live on Eastern pkwy line.And (4),s were indeed going express.

Then you got got lucky. I can assure you that by tomorrow, something is gonna be on those tracks. Those trains from Livonia gotta go somewhere.

I'm pretty sure he meant all express lines that run outside. Key word: Snowbirds.

Not just that but also underground. They're laying up some (5) trains on the Lex around 33 St

''Service has been restored to near normal levels on most lines, including the Brighton B, Q lines which were restored to local service only this morning after round the clock snow removal activity by NYC Transit crews aided by snow removal equipment.''

from this quote from MTA, does it mean that (:) and (Q) are runnin like tday (12PM,1PM.4PM etc.)

''Service has been restored to near normal levels on most lines, including the Brighton B, Q lines which were restored to local service only this morning after round the clock snow removal activity by NYC Transit crews aided by snow removal equipment.''

from this quote from MTA, does it mean that (:) and (Q) are runnin like tday (12PM,1PM.4PM etc.)

Ah yes that means the (;) and (Q) are running with delays. The (N) is the only line that's suspended between Whitehall and Coney Island.

I like how they said local service only, it has to be local, there's a bunch of tool boxes blocking the tracks, duh!!

And they were running up until the afternoon where there was power outage or track condition on Manhattan (Uptown) Bound side

Archived