5025 new hire..

nyjdmevo

• 1 month later...

ok guys i passed day 7 drove the hybrid for 2 days, had the twu 100 meeting today,benefits and all im here just wanna thank you guys for your help. tommorrow i think is depot pick and uniform sizing...

well when u pick a depot don`t forget we have now 4 depots on staten island all together yukon,castleton,meridith and charleston depots

ok guys i passed day 7 drove the hybrid for 2 days, had the twu 100 meeting today,benefits and all im here just wanna thank you guys for your help. tommorrow i think is depot pick and uniform sizing...

Congrats! :tup: Are the hybrids easier to drive then the RTS?

You had a TWU 100 meeting, but if you get into a S.I.

depot you will be at an ATU 726 meeting. Hope you get into

where you want to go.

ok guys got fitted for uniform today tommorrow depot pick..praying i can get on si..most of the class wanna go to q.v fresh pond and bx depots so im looking good i heard only castle and yukon will be a pick tho if there on there ..i guess they dont hire for the other 2 its just transfers only.. :P and wats this with this if u go to si you get cheaper pay 2 bucks cheaper the union guy said ??? weird.. still saving on that vz tho :) so i dont care lol

ok guys got fitted for uniform today tommorrow depot pick..praying i can get on si..most of the class wanna go to q.v fresh pond and bx depots so im looking good i heard only castle and yukon will be a pick tho if there on there ..i guess they dont hire for the other 2 its just transfers only.. :P and wats this with this if u go to si you get cheaper pay 2 bucks cheaper the union guy said ??? weird.. still saving on that vz tho :) so i dont care lol

Goodluck , let us know what depot your going to be in .

ok guys i picked si castleton depot i start fri :P was the only kid in the class that wanted si.. heard i might run out of yukon to tho sometimes... so whatever im happy im in si tho

Yay ! , good luck , it would be good if you run out of yukon maybe you can do an express run , let us know how your first day goes , cant wait for my turn ! .

first day went great did the early s66 route not bad at all..had to skip a run cause i was running slow on the first and second but i caught up..had a cool instructor thought me a few tricks..

That is the norm for new B/O's. In due time you won't

be as late as you used to. If you are late you are late,

if you are early "running hot" you will get written up.

Did you take your meal on your first day? It isn't required

that you have to take it right?

That is the norm for new B/O's. In due time you won't

be as late as you used to. If you are late you are late,

if you are early "running hot" you will get written up.

Did you take your meal on your first day? It isn't required

that you have to take it right?

if you are running late due to traffic your good if your hot they wont write you up because you are new you will get a warning but if you keep on doing it you will get written up.as for meal time if you are late for your lunch you take whats ever left on your time.take your time no need to rush relax .:cool:

What about taking 10 minute personals during probation? try to avoid taking them so they don't send you down for a medical I figure. Sometimes B/O's have some recovery time

at the end of the line which gives them a chance to get up and stretch,use the bathroom, etc.

sealteam: What was the longest time that you spent before

getting out of the seat? One B/O who worked the Q44 like you did told me 4 hours.

I guess 1 trip on the beast during the pm hours takes 3-4 hrs.

• 2 weeks later...
What about taking 10 minute personals during probation? try to avoid taking them so they don't send you down for a medical I figure. Sometimes B/O's have some recovery time

at the end of the line which gives them a chance to get up and stretch,use the bathroom, etc.

sealteam: What was the longest time that you spent before

getting out of the seat? One B/O who worked the Q44 like you did told me 4 hours.

I guess 1 trip on the beast during the pm hours takes 3-4 hrs.

hell i went on the q44 to bronx zoo last stop always have a big cup haha not kidding.no bathroom there.i always had a few minutes sometimes seconds but always went no matter what.put some hand sanitizer on your hands and go to first stop around the corner.when you get to archer ave dispacter is there you go to the bathroom in the probation bldg right there i think i always did about 3 hrs then break for lunch but that depends on you paddle

hell i went on the q44 to bronx zoo last stop always have a big cup haha not kidding.no bathroom there.i always had a few minutes sometimes seconds but always went no matter what.put some hand sanitizer on your hands and go to first stop around the corner.when you get to archer ave dispacter is there you go to the bathroom in the probation bldg right there i think i always did about 3 hrs then break for lunch but that depends on you paddle

no the longest i think was about 1hour 20-30 mins during the rush hour if i remember the whole run is 1 hour normal times no traffic.i never heard of somebody doing 3-4 hrs on one trip from archer to bronx zoo no way.if you go to casey stengal thats all you will be doing q44 and q20 might get lucky on the extra board get a short run like the q13 but you only get like 5 min break in bayside in the big parking lot by the throgs neck bridge then you go again till your swing hopefully they have the classes every 2 weeks from what i see if it stays at this pace could be in traing in 3-4 months i hope but when it comes it comes.

Archived