Were you stuck on that (A) train in the flats?

Kriston Lewis

Good thing I did not take (7) after taking Vintage (M) to (F) to Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Av.

Due to heavey wind, I might blown out from elevated (7) platform, so I decided to take safe way via Q33 to Central Terminal for Q72 bus home on Sunday late afternoon.

The (7) was a problem. Ice kept getting stuck in the door mechanism at every stop. Must have been hell for the crew.

Legal law firm. They want clients. i know the legal issue behind it. You are able to get them for not allowing to walk to the nearest station. but if it was a long walk, the heat of the train was a small benefit, but i think it would be easier to disregard it.

Oh really? Try 4 miles in that snow.

The (7) was a problem. Ice kept getting stuck in the door mechanism at every stop. Must have been hell for the crew.

You should have been there in the wee hours of the morning when the trains started running again at 6:30 AM after the frozen door problems arose three hours earlier, a train was stuck at 40th St.

Once we had a Flushing-bound (7) come to Roosevelt the many folks below the platform all squeezed in then we crawled our way across the last six stops, we got stuck at Junction when one of the doors wouldn't close right because of the ice, and then we got held up again at Mets-Willets Point because of another train (this one was totally caked in ice) right across from us that also got frozen doors and couldn't move, and there were three other (7) trains in Flushing already, so we had to wait some more.

All in all, that trip took about an hour, the train came around 8:17 and I didn't reach my doopstep till around 9:15 AM or so. Heh.

Not for nothing, the city does face a huge liability issue with the terrible response. Especially as stories come to surface of people having heart attacks and the ambulances not coming for 10 hours, or in similar situations where death/serious injury were the outcome (not counting businesses who lost money because streets haven't been plowed for days). It's going to be a task for city lawyers to prove that the outcome wouldn't have been any different had the snow been plowed earlier.

I'm not agreeing with the piranha law firm that created that website, but Bloomberg did put the city in a very vulnerable position.

Archived