R68A (Q) train?

Calvin

If every single train looks like the R160's, and R142's in the future you might see me choke in front of a subway platform. The fleet would lose all variety, and I would consider it the most ugliest subway fleet in history.

The R142/A are ok imo. I just dont like how they are going off the R142/A design for all upcoming trains.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHY does everyone hate the new and modern trains?!? They tell you what time it is and it has an automated voice so you can actually hear what the next stop is instead of some conductor mumbling garbage out.

You prefer those pieces of crap that smell like a hobo's ass that are running on the (C) train? I had to ride the (C) train with those disgusting cars every day last year to school. They feel like they're about to fall apart, sound like it as well, and it doesn't have the noise when the doors are about to close.

I joined this forum not because I'm a transit nerd, but because I was interested about people's views on the subway and how lines run. This constant argument over wanting the old trains back in regular service just makes me want to puke sometimes.

Technology moves on, you guys need to get out of the past.

Nope just because a train tells you the time doesn't mean it's cool. You could put a regular clock in an R32, and it would still be a clock telling you the time, and there is no need for automated voices, because it's better to listen to someone say something once in a while then something mechanical. Also they can just put air freshners in a subway car, and it would smell as good as new. Besides those NTT's would fall apart someday anyway then we will see what car is cool.

It might be off topic, but if someone builds on something from the past like a new Titanic do you think they would put a digital clock on the Grand Staircase. I don't think so I would put regular Crown, and Glory.

I have to disagree. I could not stand those Slants.

I'll just pretend i didn't hear that....

WHY does everyone hate the new and modern trains?!? They tell you what time it is and it has an automated voice so you can actually hear what the next stop is instead of some conductor mumbling garbage out.

You prefer those pieces of crap that smell like a hobo's ass that are running on the (C) train? I had to ride the (C) train with those disgusting cars every day last year to school. They feel like they're about to fall apart, sound like it as well, and it doesn't have the noise when the doors are about to close.

I joined this forum not because I'm a transit nerd, but because I was interested about people's views on the subway and how lines run. This constant argument over wanting the old trains back in regular service just makes me want to puke sometimes.

LMAO, like, LMFAO!!!! So what if a train doesn't have a clock? Carry a watch!! And so what if the train doesn't have door chimes? It's called "stand clear of the closing doors", regardless!!! And so what if a train lacks a FIND display? it's called knowing where you're going and being patient! Read a book to kill time instead of watching the FIND or the clock because that's not gonna speed up your trip any faster.

If I like the older trains then guess what? I like the older equipment and that's not gonna change.

If you have a watch and a phone, ipod ect, who needs a train to tell you the time?

And who needs a train to tell you the next stop. 98% of people that ride doesnt listen to them. The 2% that does listen to them are the tourist.

If you have a watch and a phone, ipod ect, who needs a train to tell you the time?

And who needs a train to tell you the next stop. 98% of people that ride doesnt listen to them. The 2% that does listen to them are the tourist.

When I ride the (C) train I don't feel safe taking out my smart phone to check the time. And in the mornings now when I take the (4) or (5) it's literally impossible to take out your phone to check the time without bumping into 10 other people, assuming you're not on top of them already.

And you're saying that it would be just as good for the train to be completely silent of any announcements than to hear an automated one? How about when you're going on a long ride on a train and you don't feel like counting the amount of stops that passed or don't feel like looking at the signs outside every station?

Fail.

When I ride the (C) train I don't feel safe taking out my smart phone to check the time.

Are you saying that the (C) is unsafe because it passes through "certain" neighborhoods?

One word: racist.

Fail.

IAWTP!

When I ride the (C) train I don't feel safe taking out my smart phone to check the time.

And you're saying that it would be just as good for the train to be completely silent of any announcements than to hear an automated one? How about when you're going on a long ride on a train and you don't feel like counting the amount of stops that passed or don't feel like looking at the signs outside every station?

face_palm.jpg

My apologies, could you please name a subway line that I could've said where you WOULDN'T call me a racist?

Too late. What you said was completely out of line. Getting robbed could happen to anyone on any line at any time.

Think before you say something stupid like that. I could deal with your comments about the old equipment on the (C) (which I disagree with) but saying that the (C) is unsafe is a bunch of garbage.

Archived