Comments on NYCT/MTAB/LIB Merger

East New York

Shoulda kept it blue and orange... makes LIB separate and unique compared to NYCT and (MTA) Bus. Hell, why not color (MTA) Bus differently as well? Like someone said before, paint them in the PBL colors. Wherever the bus originally came from. Just wherever the PBL logo would be, stick the (MTA) logo.

Shoulda kept it blue and orange... makes LIB separate and unique compared to NYCT and (MTA) Bus. Hell, why not color (MTA) Bus differently as well? Like someone said before, paint them in the PBL colors. Wherever the bus originally came from. Just wherever the PBL logo would be, stick the (MTA) logo.

Yeah thats what I said. I only like the blue and white on NYCT.

Regional Bus is coming like a tsunami.This is the calm before the storm.Find something to grab a hold of,because blue and white buses are coming to every corner of New York State. Soon.

Well, (MTA) is a state-run agency, not city-run... it could happen.

Well, (MTA) is a state-run agency, not city-run... it could happen.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

I really don't want New York state to suddenly be monotonous, it's not like MTA is better than these other agencies, the other agencies manages thier money better and takes care of buses more (and all thier paint schemes are much better), I have not seen rust on one Bee Line or Centro bus, or even paint chips. Same can't be said for MTA at all. I seen a D60HF running without a muffler! (5306, but they fixed it about 2 months later).

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

I really don't want New York state to suddenly be monotonous, it's not like MTA is better than these other agencies, the other agencies manages thier money better and takes care of buses more (and all thier paint schemes are much better), I have not seen rust on one Bee Line or Centro bus, or even paint chips. Same can't be said for MTA at all. I seen a D60HF running without a muffler! (5306, but they fixed it about 2 months later).

How true. (MTA) belongs in NYC and suburbs, not in Buffalo or taking over Bee Line or whatever. But it could happen, since it's state run... just like how they took over the PBL's.

So the orange stripe on the LI Buses will soon be a thing of the past. MTA has begun painting The Orion fleet in the typical MTA blue and white. I wanted to see the O7 NG's in original LIB colors, but that won't happen now...

Saw the infamous LI Bus blue stripe in a pic today. At least there are small differences between the stripes of all three divisions... to show this, here are some pics from BusTalk.net, all Orion V CNGs. Look right behind the driver's window, where the stripe widens.

NYCT

MTAB

LIB

Although I still think the liveries of all three should be different.

Saw the infamous LI Bus blue stripe in a pic today. At least there are small differences between the stripes of all three divisions... to show this, here are some pics from BusTalk.net, all Orion V CNGs. Look right behind the driver's window, where the stripe widens.

NYCT

MTAB

LIB

Although I still think the liveries of all three should be different.

Except, the NYCT pic is not an Orion 5 CNG, and the LIB bus isn't even LIB yet, and its a fishbowl.

The differences won't be major in the end anyway, its going to be same ol' blue and white.

Except, the NYCT pic is not an Orion 5 CNG, and the LIB bus isn't even LIB yet, and its a fishbowl.

The differences won't be major in the end anyway, its going to be same ol' blue and white.

MTA's paint scheme would be so much better if they put the black trim on like the BeeLine buses. I would never complain again about it.

What? Sarcasm not really appreciated here...

MTA's paint scheme would be so much better if they put the black trim on like the BeeLine buses. I would never complain again about it.

Agreed, totally. I remember several PBL Orion V CNGs had the black trim, and also some of the NYCT Orion VI's when they were first delivered. Those buses looked good.

My theory on it: I don't like it whatsoever. I think the name and the paint scheme should've been left alone on the LI buses to distinguish it from NYCT/MTAB. Unless if their plan is to make LIB a part of MTA Bus? There's no word on it on the website that LIB will be now a part of NYCT/MTAB.

I just hope 1 LIB is saved for Museum Purposes if they are to be combined with either NYCT/MTAB.

How true. (MTA) belongs in NYC and suburbs, not in Buffalo or taking over Bee Line or whatever. But it could happen, since it's state run... just like how they took over the PBL's.

Well Bee-Line is next on the MTA takeover list. It's just a matter of time.

My theory on it: I don't like it whatsoever. I think the name and the paint scheme should've been left alone on the LI buses to distinguish it from NYCT/MTAB. Unless if their plan is to make LIB a part of MTA Bus? There's no word on it on the website that LIB will be now a part of NYCT/MTAB.

I just hope 1 LIB is saved for Museum Purposes if they are to be combined with either NYCT/MTAB.

They are all merging, so anything is bound to happen. Yet, I agree the LIB colors should stay the way they are.... or used to be! lol.

Archived