NBA, NHL and other sports thread-Winter/Spring 2011

Shortline Bus

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EVERY time I channel surf, and I turn it to versus, it's ALWAYS bull riding on....

that's why I can't stand that channel....

Yeah, now that's something that I actually can't watch for long... I'll watch golf or bowling on TV before that. Far more entertaining. And I don't know how those guys take that abuse. I've saw a few of them get clocked pretty good in the head by those bulls. :eek:

Remember Versus has been on a shoe string budget by their owners Comcast. Now Comcast is about to merge with NBC, things will improve.

Remember how ESPN2 used to do double headers? That's a rarity on Versus, but they are offering more games this year. Friggin' NHL Network they show practically every Habs game, which means that the game is blacked out on my laptop with the NHL package I have... Rather annoying... :mad:

Remember how ESPN2 used to do double headers? That's a rarity on Versus, but they are offering more games this year. Friggin' NHL Network they show practically every Habs game, which means that the game is blacked out on my laptop with the NHL package I have... Rather annoying... :mad:

Remember when ESPN2 did most of the reg ular season NHL games, this was before the "Center Ice' package.

I could be wrong but maybe another reason why there only 1-2 games a week on Versus is that Bettman and the others want us the public to spend $200 or w/e for the Center Ice pay per view package.

Remember when ESPN2 did most of the reg ular season NHL games, this was before the "Center Ice' package.

I could be wrong but maybe another reason why there only 1-2 games a week on Versus is that Bettman and the others want us the public to spend $200 or w/e for the Center Ice pay per view package.

I actually got the NHL package after picking up FiOS and aside from the few blackouts it's been great. It's just like watching TV, and what's really cool is that as long as I have internet and my laptop w/me I can watch just about anywhere. Sometimes I'll watch the games on the express bus if it's a game I really want to see, though I find that w/my data card if I go through Brooklyn, once we come out of the Battery Tunnel all of the games suddenly become "blacked out". :P

I usually buy the NHL Center Ice package during the break in February,$80.00. That is when the games start to mean more and you have the push for playoff positioning and whatnot. They also offer most games from the 1st two rounds of the playoffs. Playoff hockey is much more exciting

to watch then a regular season game.

I usually buy the NHL Center Ice package during the break in February,$80.00. That is when the games start to mean more and you have the push for playoff positioning and whatnot. They also offer most games from the 1st two rounds of the playoffs. Playoff hockey is much more exciting

to watch then a regular season game.

It's like $19.99 a month for the season and with the amount of games I watch a week, it's a pretty good deal. With the new rules and some of the new talent coming out, the games are really great during the regular season as well. Really good games last night, even the Bruins vs Penguins game last night... :cool:

It was a 1000 fans that showed up.

Anyways, anyone hear about that 55-Point smackdown the Lakers gave the Cavs?

At one point it was 74-27 in the 3rd. Final score 112-57.

I heard and saw it on this morning sportscenter. Lefrarud should have kept his mouth shut but instead showing he still in feud with the Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert basically stated in a tweet that 'what goes around comes around' meaning the harsh words Gilbert stated when James left for Fla.

And why does Micheal Jordan even allowed to own the Bobcats when he lives in the Chicago? He has his eyes set on buying the Bulls if and when the team is ever put for sale. When BET (Black Entertainment Television)Founder Robert Johnson wanted to sell the club he could have sold it to someone else who will try to make the Bobcats a winner.

Plus i wonder if North Carolina should even have a NBA team in middle of college basketball country.

If anything David Stern should have allowed Jordan to be part owner and 1st crack to buy the Bulls instead of this crap of being an absent owner of the team in Carolina.

Michael Jordan needs to just leave the NBA period. I just dont like him anymore. He already showed he cant run a team when he was in the Wizards Front Office. He picked the worse player in NBA History to ever play the game. Now owner of the Bobcats, he cant even get that team right. Larry Brown was fired ect ect.

He needs to stick to his T-Shirts with hanes and do the NBA a favor and leave it alone. Buying the Bulls, he will run that team straight to hell. There doing good now and if it aint broke dont fix it. He even gave Kwame Brown a 2nd chance for what reason I will never understand. I watched a few Bobcats game this season, and according to Jordon, Kwame deserved a 2nd chance. You gotta be kidding me.

Michael Jordan = Fail and get away from the NBA. His glory days are long gone and im glad the NBA set the record straight that the Jerry West logo would never be chanaged to Jordan

Michael Jordan needs to just leave the NBA period. I just dont like him anymore. He already showed he cant run a team when he was in the Wizards Front Office. He picked the worse player in NBA History to ever play the game. Now owner of the Bobcats, he cant even get that team right. Larry Brown was fired ect ect.

He needs to stick to his T-Shirts with hanes and do the NBA a favor and leave it alone. Buying the Bulls, he will run that team straight to hell. There doing good now and if it aint broke dont fix it. He even gave Kwame Brown a 2nd chance for what reason I will never understand. I watched a few Bobcats game this season, and according to Jordon, Kwame deserved a 2nd chance. You gotta be kidding me.

Michael Jordan = Fail and get away from the NBA. His glory days are long gone and im glad the NBA set the record straight that the Jerry West logo would never be chanaged to Jordan

Being 'fair' Jordan was only the Wizards part owner/bench player lol and that late Owner Abe Pollin was still calling the shots between 2000-04 when Jordan was part of the Washington DC team.

I do see your point 553. Stern is just trying to get more Black Ownership in the NBA. However there are many other Afro-Americans who are also rich in this country who will do a better job as an Owner than Micheal Jordan.

Jordan is probably the best player in NBA History. However without founding great players like Wilt Chamberlain, Bob Cousy, Elign Baylor, Jerry West, and others, people like Jordan and more recent Kobe and Lebraon would never be multi-millionaries.

At one point it was 74-27 in the 3rd. Final score 112-57.
We now finally realize Lebron left. Lebron was the Cavs and he had no legitimate supporting cast. The Cavs' incompetent management decided not to dedicate themselves to winning a ring by not giving Lebron a supporting cast that can make them a championship and just used Lebron as a smoke screen to cover an otherwise awful team. Dan Gilbert is eating his words. He said that the Cavs will win before "the King". The Heat are 30-9. The Cavaliers are 8-30. I think, based on that info, we know who is more likely championship first.

Michael Jordan is alot like Isiah Thomas. Great player, shithead of an executive.

We now finally realize Lebron left. Lebron was the Cavs and he had no legitimate supporting cast. The Cavs' incompetent management decided not to dedicate themselves to winning a ring by not giving Lebron a supporting cast that can make them a championship and just used Lebron as a smoke screen to cover an otherwise awful team. Dan Gilbert is eating his words. He said that the Cavs will win before "the King". The Heat are 30-9. The Cavaliers are 8-30. I think, based on that info, we know who is more likely championship first.

Andrew you make a great point. Both Lebaron and Gilbert look like a@@ during the summer. James IMO right before he told the world of his decision to leave the Cavs for Miami on ESPN, could have called Gilbert IMO to give the heads up in a short phone chat. A class guy would have done that.

Also the tweeting comments the day after the Lakers slaughter of the Cavs was also classless.

And Gilbert riding on the cocktails of Lebaron did not do enough to help James in Cleveland. So to me I am not a fan of Mr. James or Mr. Gilbert either.

Yeah, Dan Gilbert lost his meal ticket by watching Lebron James take his talents to Miami. I'm sure this is not what Byron Scott had in mind when he took the job in the summer and he certainly didn't expect to be 8-30 as they are now. On a side note they lost their energy player Anderson Varejao for the season with a torn tendon in his ankle.

I'm a Canuck fan. Rangers beat the Canucks. This makes me mad!

A Canuck fan living in the Northeast USA? Not to mention in the middle of 'Flyers Country.':eek:

I know of Habs, Maple Leafs and even Oilers fans as they have followers in the US, Canada and Internationally. But a fan of the Canucks? That news to me.B)

A Canuck fan living in the Northeast USA? Not to mention in the middle of 'Flyers Country.':eek:

I know of Habs, Maple Leafs and even Oilers fans as they have followers in the US, Canada and Internationally. But a fan of the Canucks? That news to me.B)

Grew up in Vancouver, so I have my roots to thank for that. I was at the Islanders game this week. Totally amazing Hockey!

Grew up in Vancouver, so I have my roots to thank for that. I was at the Islanders game this week. Totally amazing Hockey!

Cool. So i guess w/ you being 20 years old do you remember at all the Canucks in the '94 Stanley Cup Finals vs. the Rangers? I give them props for taking the Rangers to 7 games despite fact, most so called NHL 'experts' at start of that series picked the blue shirts to win in about 5 games.

Other than the 2009 Wings/Pens 7-game classic this was the best Cup Final in last 25 years.

Cool. So i guess w/ you being 20 years old do you remember at all the Canucks in the '94 Stanley Cup Finals vs. the Rangers? I give them props for taking the Rangers to 7 games despite fact, most so called NHL 'experts' at start of that series picked the blue shirts to win in about 5 games.

Other than the 2009 Wings/Pens 7-game classic this was the best Cup Final in last 25 years.

Nope, I was but a young 4-year-old at that time. But I've heard about it. And I've been waiting for the Canucks to avenge that cup for 16 years. Lol.

Archived