NBA, NHL and other sports thread-Winter/Spring 2011

Shortline Bus

Denver Nuggets front office have confirmed Melo will be traded to the Nets. And the rebuilding process will start. The Nets are getting Melo, Billups and Rip Hamilton. It was reported on TNT by David Aldrige last night.

If this does happen, the Nets will make the Playoffs.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, Rip Hamilton of the Pistons has been benched to avoid any injury that may stop the trade. That decision was made by Joe Dumars in the Pistons front office. Like it or not people, the trade is going down, because you just dont bench Rip who is the best player on the Pistons.

The Nets Owner Mikhail Prokhorov , is coming to New Jersey on Wed, however the deal is expected to be done before he gets in town.

*cracks knuckles*

It was a 1000 fans that showed up.

Anyways, anyone hear about that 55-Point smackdown the Lakers gave the Cavs?

At one point it was 74-27 in the 3rd. Final score 112-57.

lol... that was on some women's college basketball shit...

I had to do a double-take when I saw that highlight on ESPN that night when I dozed off....

I heard and saw it on this morning sportscenter. Lefrarud should have kept his mouth shut but instead showing he still in feud with the Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert basically stated in a tweet that 'what goes around comes around' meaning the harsh words Gilbert stated when James left for Fla.

And why does Micheal Jordan even allowed to own the Bobcats when he lives in the Chicago?

now you see why I call this guy LeBitch James...

- ok, first, his comments in that tweet were supposedly taken out of context....

- next he's claiming that it wasn't him that made the comment....

- then he later claimed that the comments weren't directed at the Cavs...

Michael Jordan needs to just leave the NBA period. I just dont like him anymore. He already showed he cant run a team when he was in the Wizards Front Office. He picked the worse player in NBA History to ever play the game. Now owner of the Bobcats, he cant even get that team right. Larry Brown was fired ect ect.

He needs to stick to his T-Shirts with hanes and do the NBA a favor and leave it alone. Buying the Bulls, he will run that team straight to hell. There doing good now and if it aint broke dont fix it. He even gave Kwame Brown a 2nd chance for what reason I will never understand. I watched a few Bobcats game this season, and according to Jordon, Kwame deserved a 2nd chance. You gotta be kidding me.

Michael Jordan = Fail and get away from the NBA. His glory days are long gone and im glad the NBA set the record straight that the Jerry West logo would never be chanaged to Jordan

I never liked MJ in the first place; was more of a Drexler guy myself...

I never owned a pair of J's, nor have I ever wanted to....

& lol @ thinkin kwame brown (lowercase letters on purpose) would be the next best thing to blow up in the NBA... too bad the poor kid IMploded....

wizards front office.... I have to laugh at that...

remember when he PLAYED on the wizards... the old fool, thinkin he still "had it"....

nothin short of laughable !!!

We now finally realize Lebron left. Lebron was the Cavs and he had no legitimate supporting cast. The Cavs' incompetent management decided not to dedicate themselves to winning a ring by not giving Lebron a supporting cast that can make them a championship and just used Lebron as a smoke screen to cover an otherwise awful team. Dan Gilbert is eating his words. He said that the Cavs will win before "the King". The Heat are 30-9. The Cavaliers are 8-30. I think, based on that info, we know who is more likely championship first.

That much BEEN known, bro....

Michael Jordan is alot like Isiah Thomas. Great player, shithead of an executive.

haha...

nah though... aint no one on Isiah level...

the man single-handedly destroyed an entire LEAGUE !

I'm a Canuck fan. Rangers beat the Canucks. This makes me mad!

Sedin twins got shut dowwwwwn....

Back to real sports, LeBron James hurt his ankle in the loss to the Clippers. He's day to day.

fitting that my ankle is also all messed up... right now as I'm typing this, my shit is swollen... re-aggravated an old injury....

much as I can't stand the guy, he is an athlete... he'll bounce back...

I do. Watched end of this game w/ friend at a small college in upstate NY.

Still so sweet 16-plus years later.:P

I know right....

so much for... NINE-TEEN - NEVER.....

Denver Nuggets front office have confirmed Melo will be traded to the Nets. And the rebuilding process will start. The Nets are getting Melo, Billups and Rip Hamilton. It was reported on TNT by David Aldrige last night.

If this does happen, the Nets will make the Playoffs.

hah, all they would need in that scenario is tayshaun prince, and they'll have the key/"core" players of the pistons team they (nets) couldn't beat, back when RJ & Vince were there.... aint that some isht....

Rip hamilton is past his prime though... I wouldn't get too excited in obtaining him... then again, the nets caint do any worse.....

@ B35 l0l I have never owned a pair of Js either and never will, his shoes are crazy expensive for what reason IDK, and he is a stone faced idiot and needs to do the NBA a favor and get out.. I hate MJ more then anything.

Indirectly between his contract, tv ratings/attendence, jerseys sold and of course his 'sneakers' MJ in his carrer both directly and indirectly made the NBA at $1 Billion Dollars in profits worldwide from I think the Wall St Journal or other business article I read a few years back when he finally retired for good from playing. So of course David Stern and the other NBA Owners will kiss his butt.

I went to one of my favourite sports bars over by Herald Square for a good bite and some good Belgian beer. While in the can washing my hands some dude randomly asked me if I was a Ravens' fan, to which I replied that I was just a fan in general and didn't follow any team, but at the time I could've cared less who was playing since my mind was on food and booze. I called myself following the Rangers Canadiens game and the Packers Falcons, but after downing a Duvel w/a growling stomach as I awaited my food and then ordering a Corsendonk and downing that one I was too toasty and too focused on food to focus on the football game. However that did put me in the football mood.

I'm about to order my shrimp, garlic and olive oil pizza. I got a couple of cold Piraats in the fridge and I'm ready to just pig out and be a slob today and watch the games. Not usually my style, but these are the days that make Sundays the best. The NHL schedule is looking good today too... :cool:

My second favorite sport is basketball. Watch Blake Griffin on ESPN and you'll see why.

IAWTP. This is my first year watching basketball and this guy is a boss. He's even a rookie.

Let's face it, the Knicks have been a joke for years now. I know this I don't even follow basketball regularly, but I do catch highlights daily. It's only this year that they've been rather decent (so far)... To be honest, I think ESPN made a big mistake airing NBA games. It was a lot cooler to see NHL games on ESPN and ESPN2 back in the old days... I think TNT does better with the basketball games.

The Knicks are doing great this year. I remember that one game against the Heat (I think?) where Stoudemire made a buzzerbeater 3, that would've won them the game 119-116 had it counted. That was a stellar shot.

It was a 1000 fans that showed up.

Anyways, anyone hear about that 55-Point smackdown the Lakers gave the Cavs?

At one point it was 74-27 in the 3rd. Final score 112-57.

The Cavs took another beating from the Nuggets yesterday. They went from the very top to the very bottom that quickly...

On today 1/17/11 on Martin Luther King Jr. Day across America, most of the NBA and even NHL clubs around the country are playing games today/tonight.

Plus something to look forward too. A free preview week of the NBA League Pass for all 'pay-per view' (out of town)games not seen on ESPN/ESPN2 or TNT. Very cool. Not trying to be a spokeperson for the NBA but if you even only a casual hoops fan it worth it. The special ends following the last Sunday Night 1/23/11 games.

You only need a cable box with PPV access. I am sure the NHL will have a similar promotion of free Center Ice PPV games as well.:cool:

I have NBA League Pass so im good l0l. I got it at the beginning of the season for $29.99.

I am on a budget bro working part time as a substitute Teacher (was kind of laid off as a full time Teaching Asst.)this school year due to NY state budget cuts. So right now even $29.99 extra is alot for me. Even with that NBA PPV discount, I am paying about $115.00 w/ tax on my Time Warner Cable/Internet/Home Phone package a month.

Plus unlike the NHL, (their PPV package is great for our friend and hardcore hockey fan Garibald if they can afford it) tons of NBA games including almost all of the playoff games are shown on ESPN/ESPN2, ABC, TNT and NBA Network. As a fan of both the NBA and NHL and had extra bucks I probably get the NHL pay per view package. So in nutshell with so many games shown on basic cable, in my case there no need for get NBA League Pass.

I am on a budget bro working part time as a substitute Teacher (was kind of laid off as a full time Teaching Asst.)this school year due to NY state budget cuts. So right now even $29.99 extra is alot for me. Even with that NBA PPV discount, I am paying about $115.00 w/ tax on my Time Warner Cable/Internet/Home Phone package a month.

Plus unlike the NHL, (their PPV package is great for our friend and hardcore hockey fan Garibald if they can afford it) tons of NBA games including almost all of the playoff games are shown on ESPN/ESPN2, ABC, TNT and NBA Network. As a fan of both the NBA and NHL and had extra bucks I probably get the NHL pay per view package. So in nutshell with so many games shown on basic cable, in my case there no need for get NBA League Pass.

I was just watching the Bruins vs Hurricanes game here in my office on the computer during my lunch break... Talk about a blowout... :eek:

P.S. Do you ever play NHL challenge? I play it when I remember to make my picks. So far I've got 7 hat tricks which is not an easy feat... Nevertheless I've been seeing how good I am at it and considering creating a pool where we place bets with small wages...

Cool that you're teaching... I was teaching Italian & Spanish part-time when I came back from Italy. A friend of mine who was one of my first students still calls me professor even though he's older than me. lol

Back to the TV issue. I know in the NY area almost all of the NBA/NHL games have been on basic cable i.e. MSG and YES for at least the last 5 years.

It would be nice to go back to the early/mid-1980's when most of the Knick Ranger, Islander and Net games 'road' games were on Ch. 9/WOR-TV.

Even the Devils moved to the NY/NJ area they were the first club to have all of their games only on basic cable 'sportschannel' which is now "MSG Plus/Fox Sports Net New York.' I know the days of many NBA/NHL games on 'free tv' are gone for good though.

However I don't understand why can't a few of the Knicks/Nets in the NBA and the Rangers/Devils/Isles be on more 'free tv' in the Metro area. Ch.9 and Ch.11 could show them. Not to mention some nights when all '5' of the local winter sports clubs are playing at the same time, a team usually the Islanders or Devils are shown on tape delay or another channel you can't find.

At least in Chicago for example, WGN-TV, WPix(aka the CW station in the windy city)recently started showing more Bulls/Blackhawks games on 'free local tv' in the midwest. Not everyone can afford these high digital cable/salelite bills. If the Chicago teams can do it, why not the NY NHL/NBA and even MLB clubs?:(

Back to the TV issue. I know in the NY area almost all of the NBA/NHL games have been on basic cable i.e. MSG and YES for at least the last 5 years.

It would be nice to go back to the early/mid-1980's when most of the Knick Ranger, Islander and Net games 'road' games were on Ch. 9/WOR-TV.

Even the Devils moved to the NY/NJ area they were the first club to have all of their games only on basic cable 'sportschannel' which is now "MSG Plus/Fox Sports Net New York.' I know the days of many NBA/NHL games on 'free tv' are gone for good though.

However I don't understand why can't a few of the Knicks/Nets in the NBA and the Rangers/Devils/Isles be on more 'free tv' in the Metro area. Ch.9 and Ch.11 could show them. Not to mention some nights when all '5' of the local winter sports clubs are playing at the same time, a team usually the Islanders or Devils are shown on tape delay or another channel you can't find.

At least in Chicago for example, WGN-TV, WPix(aka the CW station in the windy city)recently started showing more Bulls/Blackhawks games on 'free local tv' in the midwest. Not everyone can afford these high digital cable/salelite bills. If the Chicago teams can do it, why not the NY NHL/NBA and even MLB clubs?:(

I used to get so peeved when I wanted to watch one hockey game and they would be showing the Rangers and Islanders, but not the Devils. They've remedied that now with extra channels and they're much better about broadcasting which team will be shown on which channel. I dunno, but I feel like the games on public tv can loose their flare for some reason. The whole thing is just weird. One of the things I enjoy about having my hockey package is that I can watch the Canadian teams and get to hear some of the old broacasters like Don Cherry on CBC and see his wild outfits. lol

I think the games on CBC and Rogers are always great to watch, esp. with the rivarly between the Canadian teams. The other night I watched Montréal vs. Calgary in Montréal and had access to both the Habs broadcast and the Flames broadcast... Was quite enjoyable. :cool:

But to answer your question, I think it comes down to greed and money. Remember what the Yankees did with the YES network a few years back and how up in arms folks were? They're making a nice profit with the YES network.

I used to get so peeved when I wanted to watch one hockey game and they would be showing the Rangers and Islanders, but not the Devils. They've remedied that now with extra channels and they're much better about broadcasting which team will be shown on which channel. I dunno, but I feel like the games on public tv can loose their flare for some reason. The whole thing is just weird. One of the things I enjoy about having my hockey package is that I can watch the Canadian teams and get to hear some of the old broacasters like Don Cherry on CBC and see his wild outfits. lol

I think the games on CBC and Rogers are always great to watch, esp. with the rivarly between the Canadian teams. The other night I watched Montréal vs. Calgary in Montréal and had access to both the Habs broadcast and the Flames broadcast... Was quite enjoyable. :cool:

But to answer your question, I think it comes down to greed and money. Remember what the Yankees did with the YES network a few years back and how up in arms folks were? They're making a nice profit with the YES network.

Speaking on 'grapes' here he is with an recent edition of "Coaches Corner" heard after the 1st intermission on "Hockey Night in Canada.":cool:

For those who never heard him IMO he a cross between NBA TV Commentator Charles Barkley and Rush Limburgh. Cherry is always in trouble for 'dissing' French-Candaian and European born NHL players. Here the Jan. 8, 2011 segment.

PS I go to Toronto every few years so i seen "Hockey Night" before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFZuRjqS03U

Speaking on 'grapes' here he is with an recent edition of "Coaches Corner" heard after the 1st intermission on "Hockey Night in Canada.":cool:

For those who never heard him IMO he a cross between NBA TV Commentator Charles Barkley and Rush Limburgh. Cherry is always in trouble for 'dissing' French-Candaian and European born NHL players. Here the Jan. 8, 2011 segment.

PS I go to Toronto every few years so i seen "Hockey Night" before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFZuRjqS03U

Man, that "lovely" suit brings back memories... LOL Yeah, I used to go up to Montréal quite a bit. Haven't been since '03 before I headed off to Europe, but yeah being only an hour away from Montréal was great. Every Saturday night during the winter months was Hockey Night. :cool: I've never been to Toronto, but Montréal is like a cleaner, slower, more Europeanized New York City. :cool:

I used to go with some of my college mates and one of my buddies was Colombian and German. He always made sure to pull out the German passport because if had the Colombian one, we'd be waiting to cross the Canadian border for a good half an hour while they inspected the car for drugs. lol

Man, that "lovely" suit brings back memories... LOL Yeah, I used to go up to Montréal quite a bit. Haven't been since '03 before I headed off to Europe, but yeah being only an hour away from Montréal was great. Every Saturday night during the winter months was Hockey Night. :cool: I've never been to Toronto, but Montréal is like a cleaner, slower, more Europeanized New York City. :cool:

I used to go with some of my college mates and one of my buddies was Colombian and German. He always made sure to pull out the German passport because if had the Colombian one, we'd be waiting to cross the Canadian border for a good half an hour while they inspected the car for drugs. lol

My godmom(cousin)lives in the Toronto area and was last in "TO" around 2004. I been to Montreal several times most recent in 2008. Did you go to Univ of Vermont at Burlington or SUNY Plattsburgh Garibalidi? Those are the last '2' US major colleges up there before Montreal.

Archived