Nova Bus moves to America

East New York

NovaBus

Nova Bus breaks ground on American bus assembly plant

Saint-Eustache, Quebec, April 16, 2008 — Following its decision to expand into the American public transit market, Nova Bus officially broke ground today on its new 135,740 sq. ft. bus assembly plant in Plattsburgh, NY.

Government officials were on hand in Banker Road Industrial Park to mark the “Breaking ground, building partnerships” event. Production at the Plattsburgh plant is slated to begin in early 2009, generating approximately 300 direct jobs for the region.

Nova Bus hopes to develop a strong presence in the United States and to build solid long-term partnerships with its clients, thanks to its full line of Nova LFS buses, backed by a deep commitment to service and quality. Nova Bus’ customer pledge sums it up well – “We Listen, You Drive.”

Nova Bus President and CEO Gilles Dion spoke on behalf of all company colleagues, saying “Today represents a significant milestone in Nova Bus’ history. We thank the Town of Plattsburgh and New York State for the warm welcome, and we look forward to building new partnerships with operators and to contributing to the development of American public transit.”

“Nova Bus’s strategy to expand into the North Country will allow this Canadian company to compete in the United States’ transit bus market,” New York Governor David Paterson said. “Along with the company’s $25 million private investment to construct the 135,740 square foot facility, 300 new jobs were pledged at this location, making it a great success story for the revitalization of the diverse Upstate economy.”

Nova Bus is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Volvo Bus Corporation, the world’s second largest motor coach and transit bus manufacturing group. Nova Bus is a leading manufacturer of city, suburban, and shuttle buses in North America, with its Nova LFS line of vehicles. Nova Bus is the first North American heavy-duty bus manufacturer in the urban transportation sector to achieve company-wide ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certifications. The company operates two plants in Canada.

Of course lets not forget that Volvo is also a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Company

If we get those low floor Nova Buses, I will be mad. They look like hideous pieces of shits.

I agree 200%. I will be mad as hell too!!! Although I can say the 2008's look much better in the front now. I just don't want to see them here. Keep that crap in Canada, cause I'm not riding it!

It's amazing how much stuff is going on lately, it's getting really hard to keep up! :eek: Thanks for the info!

No problem. You havent seen anything yet! All the MTA divisions are set to recieve more than 1,500 new buses over the next 6 years, everyone will be merged, and 3 new depots will be open. The only think I can't even imagine is when or how they will rehab the East New York Depot. That building has been standing sence 1859!!!

Archived