Conductor's Key

ConductorB

I recently bought a door control panel from an old train on ebay and i would really like the key that goes with it. i think it came from a redbird. it's in great condition and has all the buttons and wires and looks pretty much exactly like this (http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?3981). i know they do still use the key today (that little square key) so i know it is very hard to find. does anybody know how i could possibly get one?

The key you are looking for in an MDC or "vapor" key. You won'tfind one on ebay since the MTA looks for items like that and they have ebay remove them or they go after the seller. If you do get one, you can be arrested for having one if you are not an MTA employee.

ConductorB: Like INDman said, the key is still in use.

Ebay. People auction great stuff there. Take a look around.

You will most probably not find one there

i smell a future train thief.

Enerybody isn't Darius McCollum in the making. B)

There is no way out of the City Hall station except via another train or through the tunnel. Either way the person has trespassed in a restricted area, and in the case of the second probably becomes hamburger meat.

Bad idea.

Yeah, that's what I meant by "where to go" - thru the tunnel. But they'd better hurry.

Nope that would be a bad move...

Yeah, I know, but that's the only thing they can do unless they want to get caught. But I guess getting caught is better than being pre-ground meat for the rats.

There is no way out of the City Hall station except via another train or through the tunnel. Either way the person has trespassed in a restricted area, and in the case of the second probably becomes hamburger meat.

Bad idea.

There's stairs leading to the upper.

There is a place we go near the booth to head down to the lower level, its enclosed in a fence (probably what INDman was reffering to lol) thats at times locked. But as far as anything the public can go down there and easily access the station and the trains that layup there, na.

There is a place we go near the booth to head down to the lower level, its enclosed in a fence (probably what INDman was reffering to lol) thats at times locked. But as far as anything the public can go down there and easily access the station and the trains that layup there, na.

If you mean the gate opposite the booth over the s/b Lexington tracks it only leads to Brooklyn Bridge tower and not the City Hall loop station IIRC. It doesn't even access the roadbed or spur tracks. You must walk the roadbed from behind the dispatcher's office to reach the City Hall loop or spur tracks. I've walked to both locations and it's no fun.

The two stairways lead to on one side a dead end (it's been sealed) and on the other side essentially steel gratings, which I believe are what INDman is referring to.

Oh sh*t, I thought you guys were talking about City Hall on the IRT not the BMT. I know the BMT is open from up stairs but you need a key to get onto the platform. That key is not the same as the one this kid wanted for the MDC, either way, City Hall on the BMT has cameras that the tower can see.

Oh sh*t, I thought you guys were talking about City Hall on the IRT not the BMT. I know the BMT is open from up stairs but you need a key to get onto the platform. That key is not the same as the one this kid wanted for the MDC, either way, City Hall on the BMT has cameras that the tower can see.

That's the one that was being talked about - the (6) train one.

Archived